Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 24 Sep 2013, 23:07 (Ref:3308981)   #1
GPR 1
Rookie

GPR 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
an idea for the future of the CTCRC

I see the entries for the ctcrc meeting at croft where again very low , although my friend went and said the racing was very good .
I have an idea to put to the ctcrc club to use in future years .

Run 4 meetings a year based on how you run the festival at Mallory .
Spread out the dates over the year eg . April , late June , August and
October .
Give them each a title to promote it with eg spring cup etc
Run the August meeting as a make/model highlight meeting eg focus
on coswoth powered cars , with special races and displays
Use midland based tracks Donnington , Silverstone , Rockingham and
Mallory
Re-introduce the Pre 74 / group one championship . I know they
struggled for entries last year but with just 4 meetings it may bring them
back
Work with other clubs to stop date clashes like they have this year
Old 24 Sep 2013, 23:27 (Ref:3308984)   #2
GPR 1
Rookie

an idea for the future of the ctcrc

PART 2

Next
For those who like to do more than 4 meetings a year run a championship for all ctcrc classes in conjunction with Barc meetings .
Split the cars into over and under 2 litres and class them on previous lap times from the club rather than engine size . Run 4 meetings with other Barc championships in between the festival dates with 2 races at each .

The Ctcrc overall champion would be highest points from both types of meeting .

Perhaps this and the above post wouldn't work and may just be viewed as rubbish but , having been to over a dozen ctcrc meeting over the last 4 years and enjoyed the racing and atmosphere it would be a great shame if this type of racing disappeared off the national calendar.
What is the future for the CTCRC ?

Last edited by GPR 1; 24 Sep 2013 at 23:29. Reason: grammar
Old 25 Sep 2013, 22:17 (Ref:3309383)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
You can post the suggestions on the club site, I recently started a post to discuss the future of the club bit havnt had much response.
Old 26 Sep 2013, 06:26 (Ref:3309471)   #4
historic racer
Rookie

historic racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They wont have if they dont sort out the pathetically small grids in some of their races. Quite how the BARC , or any other club, sees the business logic of running races with less than 10 entry's is beyond me. What they need to remember is that the rest of the competitors in well supported races subsidise the entry fees of those small grids and it needs to stop now !
Old 26 Sep 2013, 10:32 (Ref:3309552)   #5
andy robinson
Racer

United Kingdom
cramlington, northumberland
andy robinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well here ia really positive news for the start of 2014, from there latest bullitin:

Hot off the press: The CTCRC’s first meeting of 2014 will be at Donington Park. The meeting will be a double header for all Championships over two days. This is down to our hard work with BARC to try to provide a great start to the 2014 season for you.
Better still the meeting will be LIVE on Motors TV!
Get the date in your diary now - March 23/24th 2014. It is only seven weeks after the club’s Awards Dinner Dance

double header @ Donington & live on the telly for no extra cost !

The Falcon will definitely be ready for this one, cant wait
Old 26 Sep 2013, 10:57 (Ref:3309558)   #6
ashley bird
Rookie

ashley bird should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
tell me about it andy havent raced at donny since 2007 just hope i can have my engine back together by then rec new pistons this build
Old 26 Sep 2013, 21:02 (Ref:3309788)   #7
GPR 1
Rookie

That is good news from the club and I hope it will get people to do more meetings through out the year , but lets hope the weather holds out .
I've tried to get onto the ctcrc club forum a couple of times but for some reason it will not let me join ?
I don't understand why the pre 74 and pre 83 grids have fallen away this last few years because there is nothing else out there for this class of car to run in , unless you count one of the cscc series . I know no one is going to build a car for a championship which is lacking cars but the cars are out there so why not run them .
Old 27 Sep 2013, 11:18 (Ref:3309994)   #8
ANDY J
Rookie

ANDY J should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GPR1 to log on to CTCRC forum you have to use your real name.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 14:15 (Ref:3310073)   #9
Mike Sheraton
Racer

United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Mike Sheraton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest the grids at Croft were a culmination of a number of things, including the distance, and a clash of events and the general timing of the meeting. However that said, everyone who was there had a great time and the racing was of a good qaulity.

Silverstone I think should provide some healthy grids, with returning cars, the timing and also the location, so I'm looking forward to a good meeting, not to mention the fact that Mobil 1 'The Grid' will be there filming also.

And with regards to 2014, I think its shaping up to be a 'stand out' year for the CTCRC, with the clubs anniversary and a host of attractive meetings, including the live Donnington season opener.
I think we will see a return of many previous members and also a few new guys looking to do something new.
So all in all i'm pretty confident that the club will be in a good state come next year.

Can't wait

Mike
Old 27 Sep 2013, 15:11 (Ref:3310093)   #10
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Mike don't kid yourself about other meetings, I did Croft with the club when the club was buoyant and it was a similar but not so bad story and then fuel was 75p a litre or 35p for Autogas. Bottom line is its too far and the outward journey has to be made on a Friday plus two nights away it becomes damned expense for many to do that's the crux of the matter.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 15:22 (Ref:3310101)   #11
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GPR1,

I don't think the CTCRC are ready to die just yet. With the removal of Thruxton the calendar this year was the weakest they'd had for many many years which is always going to make an impact, and Croft specifically has historically always struggled for a grid for the club anyway - presumably due to the centre of gravity of the membership database.

That said there were plenty of cars on the Thunder grid, and some mooted rule changes there are likely to have a further net positive affect. Donington next year is a good start to a better calendar too.

As an aside you might find you get more traction in a debate by sharing your identity.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 15:24 (Ref:3310103)   #12
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Al so what your saying is the ctcrc is just a club for anyone living south of watford gap !! And not to bother catering for us northerner s !!
Old 27 Sep 2013, 15:30 (Ref:3310104)   #13
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like they /are/ catering for you Northerners - at the expense of their own grid sizes.

It's a good thing they do. I for one was pleasantly surprised to find you had both carpets /and/ electricity up there far more frequently than I expected. Made up for the horrific coffee.

;-)
Old 27 Sep 2013, 15:44 (Ref:3310112)   #14
ANDY J
Rookie

ANDY J should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jesus Big Andy you live that far north and didn't bothering to enter Croft
Shame on you
Old 27 Sep 2013, 15:54 (Ref:3310118)   #15
Fletchyboy
Rookie

Fletchyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news about Donnington...hope it's not snowing
Old 27 Sep 2013, 16:10 (Ref:3310124)   #16
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Donnington is a small village in Newbury, whereas Donington Park is a fantastic circuit near East Midlands Airport. Come on boys, call yourself enthusiasts?

Speaking as someone who has raced at Silverstone in late April when the gravel traps were covered in snow, if you really had a problem with the cold in the UK you'd enter about 3 races a year between June and August..
Old 27 Sep 2013, 16:40 (Ref:3310131)   #17
Mike Sheraton
Racer

United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Mike Sheraton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry stacy let the spelling slip on that one

and this year has always had a slightly transitional feel to it, and I think that next year should be a fun one, going to spend winter getting the car a bit faster
Old 27 Sep 2013, 21:46 (Ref:3310235)   #18
GPR 1
Rookie

My name is Graham and I live in Norfolk and I've been watching motor racing for the last 45 years . I have a friend who is currently racing with the ctcrc so that's my interest , but I've always enjoyed watching club saloon and modified racing and I've seen too many championships fail over the years . I just wanted to put a idea across . It seems to me you have a core in the club who do all the rounds but , the bigger percentage only do a handful so to me it makes sense to do less rounds and use circuits that will be well attended then do combined races at the circuits the core want to try .
Old 29 Sep 2013, 18:11 (Ref:3310774)   #19
ascona i2000
Racer

ascona i2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I owned a company with enough disposable cash I would offer some prize/start money in to the club. I've said it before if a little incentive was offered and fact promoted properly watch people come running to the club.. What a novelty in this day and age..
Old 30 Sep 2013, 06:33 (Ref:3310924)   #20
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I Am just stating facts Andy that croft is never well supported, its not just the distance its the Friday day off and rush hour traffic slog to get there.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 10:29 (Ref:3311003)   #21
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Dave there is nothing in it for sponsors at this and indeed any level below F1 and BTCC which is shown on terrestrial TV, I can understand why they don't want to know anymore, its our sport why should they pay us to enjoy it?
Old 30 Sep 2013, 14:43 (Ref:3311090)   #22
nsscc35
Rookie

nsscc35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPR 1 View Post
My name is Graham and I live in Norfolk and I've been watching motor racing for the last 45 years . I have a friend who is currently racing with the ctcrc so that's my interest , but I've always enjoyed watching club saloon and modified racing and I've seen too many championships fail over the years . I just wanted to put a idea across . It seems to me you have a core in the club who do all the rounds but , the bigger percentage only do a handful so to me it makes sense to do less rounds and use circuits that will be well attended then do combined races at the circuits the core want to try .

Graham just wanted to say that snett is a favourite circuit of mine and my car turners in Norfolk too..so I regularly make the 4 hour slog from leeds.Its good to hear from a spectator and there points of view.

Cheers Pete
Old 10 Nov 2013, 21:54 (Ref:3329744)   #23
the youth
Racer

the youth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm lucky I live 15 mins from croft, but you may well see me in the boss series doing a few rounds in 2014, along with my usual home of the northern saloons
most of the ctcrc rounds are a fair old drive for me but I will do it, in the northern saloons we've done knockhill and snetterton both over 3 hours drive from my home all loaded up

steve