Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Choose..
Adrian Sutil 10 30.30%
Jules Bianchi 23 69.70%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Mar 2013, 22:45 (Ref:3212940)   #76
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I hope Eric Lux has learnt to keep his hands to himself, and not attempt to lift someone out of a chair who is just there to have a drink with his friends..

Adrian Sutil is a *classically trained* concert pianist apart from needing his hands to drive a F1 car, does anyone REALY believe that he would have put all of that at risk to assault Eric Lux ?

Can we please get away from the ” he is a criminal” and look at the possibility that it could well have been an accident and completely unintentional on Sutil’s behalf ?

I am glad you are back Sutil, now drive the wheels off that car..
Great post.

Hopefully they would already have sorted out the visas at all the GP destinations - just forward planning.

I still don't get a lot of this case:

Why did Sutil's lawyers not charge Lux with assault?
Why was an incident which happened in China prosecuted in Germany?
Why hasn't Sutil's management posted the relevant video on Youtube?
Why hasn't Hamilton stood up and provided an account of what happened?
Old 2 Mar 2013, 00:15 (Ref:3212970)   #77
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^ The specifics of the case aren't relevant anymore, especially now that it hasn't prevented him from getting an F1 seat, which is what Eric Lux managed to engineer last year.

But I do like your question about Lewis - of course he was only trying to protect "brand Hamilton" by not getting involved.
Old 2 Mar 2013, 09:41 (Ref:3213126)   #78
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post

But I do like your question about Lewis - of course he was only trying to protect "brand Hamilton" by not getting involved.
That, sadly is the case I'm sure. Brand "Hamilton" appearing in court would have made headlines. Even if he was just a defence witness.

With friends like that....
Old 2 Mar 2013, 16:00 (Ref:3213242)   #79
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Great post.

Hopefully they would already have sorted out the visas at all the GP destinations - just forward planning.

I still don't get a lot of this case:

Why did Sutil's lawyers not charge Lux with assault?
Why was an incident which happened in China prosecuted in Germany?
Why hasn't Sutil's management posted the relevant video on Youtube?
Why hasn't Hamilton stood up and provided an account of what happened?
Well all I have tried to do is play devils advocate.. Of course I don't know what happened that night anymore than the majority of us..

It could well have just been a unfortunate accident ?

I too was surprised that Lewis did not appear in court to give his account of what happened, it's very possible that he was advised to stay clear of the situation by his management and McLaren..

Force India must have considered all aspects of this affair and decided that Adrian Sutil did not pose a threat to anyone on the grid or within the team..

I don't condone violence at all as most rational people don't, however it is possible for a situation to become out of control and it can happen in a flash..
Old 3 Mar 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3213835)   #80
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
I think you did an admirable job Jeremy.

I thought Sutil was just a thug before your posts, now I am not so sure.

His legal representation however seems to have been abysmal, anyway you look at it.
Old 3 Mar 2013, 23:47 (Ref:3213859)   #81
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Whatever happened with Sutil and Lux, his close friendship with Hamilton has been damaged irreparably.

I don't think they're on speaking terms anymore.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 00:37 (Ref:3213876)   #82
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Whatever happened with Sutil and Lux, his close friendship with Hamilton has been damaged irreparably.

I don't think they're on speaking terms anymore.
It's great to see you...

It's hard to know to be honest.. Lewis is now reaching out to Adrian saying "I prayed for you" that you would get a drive again..

I don't know what to make of this, apart from nothing is ever what it seems..

The truth is really the best thing in the end, and at the beginning !
Old 4 Mar 2013, 00:55 (Ref:3213883)   #83
wnut
Veteran

http://www.mid-day.com/sports/2012/f...n-a-coward.htm

Leaving someone out on a limb like this just beggars belief!

So much for a fearless press

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012...n-adrian-sutil

Last edited by wnut; 4 Mar 2013 at 01:01.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 10:42 (Ref:3214024)   #84
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think sutil's had the rough end of the stick with the whole prosecution anyway, so you've got to ask how well he dealt with the trial and the fallout. it may have brought some other issues in his life home to roost as well, so i think it's understandable that the whole thing has made him a little bitter. if he lost contact with a good friend as well then it's even worse. and to top it all off, he's having to defend himself and his abilities on his return to f1.

but i think from lewis' point of view it's a tricky situation personally as well as professionally. thinking back to before he was in f1, drinking and smoking was a complete taboo for him because to him (and in his mind to mclaren) it showed a huge amount of disrespect and a lack of professionalism. if he had to stand up in court and state that he was having a few jars with a friend then i can understand how that would go against everything he'd been taught and everything he believes. if he had to say something that would possibly go against some of sutil's account too then that would be a huge betrayal to a friend.

professionally, it's obviously not a good thing too for all the reasons stated above. and to him, the next best thing he can do aside from support his friend in a trial is to pray for him. so....

bit off not to text and call though. but maybe he feels guilty about it all. and rightly there's absolutely no need to talk about friendships and relationship politics to the press.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 10:50 (Ref:3214027)   #85
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I don't think that things can be too bad between Hamilton and Sutil.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...s-f1-comeback/
Old 4 Mar 2013, 12:59 (Ref:3214050)   #86
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that like most things in life, it's only when you are really up against it you find out who your real friends are. Sutil now knows the limits of Hamilton's "friendship" and what it's worth.

I'm sure they'll move on and there'll be a display of hugging etc for the cameras but he will know, and so do we, that that'll just be another piece of TV bs. You can't repair that sort of thing imho.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 13:31 (Ref:3214060)   #87
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
wow, it must be really awesome to be perfect. you must be a candidate for the next pope.

it was a lose/lose scenario for hamilton. no matter what he did he was going to come out with some kind of loss of faith or friendship. i don't believe either parties account of the incident and hamilton would have either had to lie in court or tell the truth. telling a fib to the judge is just a no-no for any decent human being, and telling the truth could well have resulted a loss of friendship anyway.

equally, i don't think sutil was ever going to come out of this without some kind of criminal record. if it was a complete accident, lux is a muppet for trying to ruin sutil (and why would he want to do that? there's obviously a back story there which could be another contributor as to why hamilton didn't want to get involved). but he clearly wasn't going to let it go.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 13:38 (Ref:3214064)   #88
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post

professionally, it's obviously not a good thing too for all the reasons stated above. and to him, the next best thing he can do aside from support his friend in a trial is to pray for him. so....

I don't know if Sutil is religious, but if I was in his shoes, the notion that someone who could have helped me, did nothing but pray for me would anger me even more.
Anyway, I look forward to the moment that Hamilton want's to pass the FI with Sutil at the wheel...
Old 4 Mar 2013, 13:47 (Ref:3214066)   #89
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
I don't know if Sutil is religious, but if I was in his shoes, the notion that someone who could have helped me, did nothing but pray for me would anger me even more.
that's a pretty self-centred view. we all have different priorities and beliefs. if you *couldn't* help someone, for whatever reason, what would you, as a non-religious person say? you're thinking about them? prayer is just thinking about someone, but directing it somewhere. it's a big gesture to the giver, thats what matters. for the record, i'm not christian or muslim or whatever.

after all, when someone gives you a present, do you judge it by what you have, or what they can afford to give you?

/off topic
Old 4 Mar 2013, 15:12 (Ref:3214107)   #90
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
i don't believe either parties account of the incident and hamilton would have either had to lie in court or tell the truth.
for me im also at this point with the story and simply dont have enough info to decide one way or another. although part of me thinks that if LH did see or hear what happened he should have said something but the responsibility for that to have happened was on Sutil's defense team who should have tried to compel LH's testimony or at the least take a sworn deposition.

but if i let my mind get carried away with it and to add another 'juicy' aspect to it, this happened around a year before LH singed for a new team. was LH already looking/thinking about his future options and hence kept his mouth shut to keep a Lotus drive a possibility or the flip side is maybe Sutil felt that as a German and Force India driver he was next in line if/when Schumi retired and now feels doubly victimized by LH.

actually after typing that i find myself wondering if i really even want to know the answers to those questions.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 17:10 (Ref:3214135)   #91
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Quote:
wow, it must be really awesome to be perfect. you must be a candidate for the next pope.
Nah, the roll centre on the Popemobile is far too high for my liking
Old 4 Mar 2013, 20:52 (Ref:3214230)   #92
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
It's great to see you...
Thanks mate.

It is good to be back.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 22:05 (Ref:3220253)   #93
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Answered a few of the doubters today, very good showing.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 23:05 (Ref:3220286)   #94
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
I think that like most things in life, it's only when you are really up against it you find out who your real friends are. Sutil now knows the limits of Hamilton's "friendship" and what it's worth.

I'm sure they'll move on and there'll be a display of hugging etc for the cameras but he will know, and so do we, that that'll just be another piece of TV bs. You can't repair that sort of thing imho.
Of course you can. People grow up and move on. And we don't really know the full story anyways.

What we do know is that Sutil was convicted of glassing someone. I doubt that Hamilton making an appearance would have swung things anyways, so whilst he may have felt understandably let down at the time he will probably now be getting on with life and probably start speaking with Hamilton again, if not already. They are grown men after all.

Amazing that the man who gets the worst flack out of this is the one who didn't attempt to slice someone open.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 09:36 (Ref:3220431)   #95
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, what exactly was Sutil expecting him to do? Lie in court for him? I think the media are blowing this out of proportion a bit.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 13:25 (Ref:3220551)   #96
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you read a short article by James Allen it described what had happened. Sutil and Hamilton were having a drink in the VIP area booked by Lux or what ever his hame is, who came over and yanked sutil out of his chair, with his only free arm and the one holding the glass he tried to push Lux off and the glass broke. Hardly glassing someone on purpose, more of an accident.

Last edited by RF_Racer; 18 Mar 2013 at 13:31.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 14:17 (Ref:3220590)   #97
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Answered a few of the doubters today, very good showing.
Fantastic showing... if he can repeat that kind of performance over the course of the year, he'll have fully deserved his place in the team.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 15:11 (Ref:3220612)   #98
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RF_Racer View Post
If you read a short article by James Allen it described what had happened. Sutil and Hamilton were having a drink in the VIP area booked by Lux or what ever his hame is, who came over and yanked sutil out of his chair, with his only free arm and the one holding the glass he tried to push Lux off and the glass broke. Hardly glassing someone on purpose, more of an accident.
Well perhaps James Allen should have stood up then given how much he knows.

I hope he congratulated Sutil on his drive.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 15:40 (Ref:3220627)   #99
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Of course you can. People grow up and move on. And we don't really know the full story anyways.

What we do know is that Sutil was convicted of glassing someone. I doubt that Hamilton making an appearance would have swung things anyways, so whilst he may have felt understandably let down at the time he will probably now be getting on with life and probably start speaking with Hamilton again, if not already. They are grown men after all.

Amazing that the man who gets the worst flack out of this is the one who didn't attempt to slice someone open.
I said it was in my opinion. You clearly have different values.

I wouldn't trust someone that couldn't be bothered to do me a favour and tell the truth in court as far as I could spit.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 15:44 (Ref:3220629)   #100
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
like i said before, what if the truth was a long way from what you need to be found innocent?