Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 11 Aug 2013, 14:14 (Ref:3288324)   #76
jimmer
Racer

England
bath somerset
jimmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a great weekend that was brilliant , apart from Sundays weather
Old 14 Aug 2013, 15:00 (Ref:3289736)   #77
Fletchyboy
Rookie

Fletchyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New to this site so be gentle on me. Was in the droopsnoot alongside Big Al which jumped out of gear and I went from 10th to 20th before the first corner. Still quite new to racing and met some really friendly and helpful people in CTCRC. Anyone out at Snetterton? I so hope it doesn't rain!!
Old 14 Aug 2013, 16:09 (Ref:3289755)   #78
Mike Sheraton
Racer

United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Mike Sheraton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi mate, you should also join the CTCRC forum full of classic touring car members, so as you can speak to other members more directly, although I know a fair few of us on here too! the CTCRC Forum is http://www.classictouringcars.com/phpBB3/index.php and then just post and ask for full access as you are a member of the club!

I love the firenza, and when all is well there could be up to 4 of you out there! as there were 2 different ones at rockingham, and then another which didnt quite make mallory. So it would make quite a sight!

We are out at Snetterton so come and say hi!
(Michael Sheraton - Pre 93 BMW E30 325I #56
Old 14 Aug 2013, 18:31 (Ref:3289819)   #79
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Fletch welcome to the forum, your mates AMC Javelin sounds a great project I am really looking forward to seeing it out and will bring my old car our to join you when it debuts. If we can also get Phil out in the Maverick and Tony in his 71 Mustang and maybe Wayne we could start building up a bit of an American Muscle sub class.
Old 15 Aug 2013, 11:29 (Ref:3290139)   #80
Fletchyboy
Rookie

Fletchyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Mike will come and say hello at Snetterton for sure.

Al we need to work on my pal Jeff Barley and get him out in the Camaro or his FIA Falcon rather than just letting his son Tom do all the driving!

I tried to get on the CTCRC forum but failed for some reason. I'm a bit clueless on the computer but I'm working on it because chatting cars with you fellas beats being a Quantity Surveyor
Old 15 Aug 2013, 16:36 (Ref:3290246)   #81
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone mention me?

Is the AMC the one that has been for sale recently as a 'race lokalikey' road car? Thought that would be an interesting change from the usual Yanks over here.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 22 Aug 2013, 06:21 (Ref:3292616)   #82
andy robinson
Racer

United Kingdom
cramlington, northumberland
andy robinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
boss race 1 from the fiesta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAQ4_nbzqQM
Old 22 Aug 2013, 13:10 (Ref:3292728)   #83
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Someone mention me?

Is the AMC the one that has been for sale recently as a 'race lokalikey' road car? Thought that would be an interesting change from the usual Yanks over here.
I believe so. he seemed to get it for a fair price.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 08:11 (Ref:3294056)   #84
Mark Skyline
Rookie

Mark Skyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by big andy View Post
Isn't it about time there was a boost limit or restrictor fitted to turbos cars in classic thunder these cars are making everything else also ran !!

Big Andy,

At what limit do you suggest the boost be capped?

If a championship is called CLASSIC THUNDER, it suggests that the cars racing in it will be THUNDEROUS: i.e. that they will be massively fast and powerful - NOT restricted by petty regulations. If guys want to race cars that are all alike and similarly powered, there is lots of choice and they can race Clios, MX5s and the like.

When I started racing in the Dunlop Motorsport Saloon Car Championship, I had a Nissan R32GTR which was about the same power as my current car, but it wasn't very reliable and often broke down. I wasn't seen as much of a threat and so nobody complained about the power my car made or made stupid suggestions of restricting my car. I decided to start building a new car from a bare shell and, over the past two and a half years, a huge amount of blood sweat and tears has gone into producing and trying to perfect the car I have today. It isn't a question of simply dusting if off the day before each race - constant effort, both mental and physical, is required.

Initially, I produced a car which was fast and gradually I made it reliable. Over the past year and a half, I and one or two very good friends, have improved the handling and my car now corners well too. The car is now capable of winning consistently, but, rather than compete genuinely, it seems that certain people want to get on equal terms by making my car less good, less fast and less spectacular. YOU DON'T SEE POWER BEING RESTRICTED IN TIME ATTACK, DO YOU?

There are lots of fantastic, high powered, Thunder Saloon type cars out there and I am sure many of them are more than a match for my car. It needs someone to have the vision to promote an even better THUNDER SALOON CHAMPIONSHIP, which will encourage massive crowds to turn up and see spectacular racing by big-powered cars, but, instead, people like you, want to turn everything down and make the whole thing boring. Come on all you guys with these big Thunder Saloons, lets make the Classic Thunder live up to its name and I am sure it will be one of the best championships in the country. If we all get together, could make this championship awesome.

Regards Mark
Old 27 Aug 2013, 09:47 (Ref:3294621)   #85
nsscc35
Rookie

nsscc35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skyline View Post
Big Andy,

At what limit do you suggest the boost be capped?

If a championship is called CLASSIC THUNDER, it suggests that the cars racing in it will be THUNDEROUS: i.e. that they will be massively fast and powerful - NOT restricted by petty regulations. If guys want to race cars that are all alike and similarly powered, there is lots of choice and they can race Clios, MX5s and the like.

When I started racing in the Dunlop Motorsport Saloon Car Championship, I had a Nissan R32GTR which was about the same power as my current car, but it wasn't very reliable and often broke down. I wasn't seen as much of a threat and so nobody complained about the power my car made or made stupid suggestions of restricting my car. I decided to start building a new car from a bare shell and, over the past two and a half years, a huge amount of blood sweat and tears has gone into producing and trying to perfect the car I have today. It isn't a question of simply dusting if off the day before each race - constant effort, both mental and physical, is required.

Initially, I produced a car which was fast and gradually I made it reliable. Over the past year and a half, I and one or two very good friends, have improved the handling and my car now corners well too. The car is now capable of winning consistently, but, rather than compete genuinely, it seems that certain people want to get on equal terms by making my car less good, less fast and less spectacular. YOU DON'T SEE POWER BEING RESTRICTED IN TIME ATTACK, DO YOU?

There are lots of fantastic, high powered, Thunder Saloon type cars out there and I am sure many of them are more than a match for my car. It needs someone to have the vision to promote an even better THUNDER SALOON CHAMPIONSHIP, which will encourage massive crowds to turn up and see spectacular racing by big-powered cars, but, instead, people like you, want to turn everything down and make the whole thing boring. Come on all you guys with these big Thunder Saloons, lets make the Classic Thunder live up to its name and I am sure it will be one of the best championships in the country. If we all get together, could make this championship awesome.

Regards Mark
there used to be a championship called AAA... for high powered cars 4wd...upto 400bhp and unlimited.It was covered by the motorstv people..but i beleave it went bust "not sure".

If some how the guys that raced in that could be contacted and invited to classic thunder then your right it would be a great spectical for the drivers and crowds...and maybe it could be a class of its own?

Pete..

Ps get yourself to snetty at the weekend....i,m using high boost...maybe able to give you a bit of a race..
Old 28 Aug 2013, 06:39 (Ref:3295045)   #86
Mark Skyline
Rookie

Hi Peter

I did the AAA and won the two races, thanks to Gary Prebble's car breaking down. They were supposed to pay the prize money of £250 for winning, but I never got the money, so I did not race with them again. Then, not long after, the organisers were arrested with a large amount of drugs in a car and now they are behind bars for a long stretch. I believe one got 12 years.

I would love to be at Snetterton, racing, but my business partner is testing his 1977 Toyota Celica 1000hp drag car and I must be there to help him, as he is always there when I am racing. So it's nice to return the favour

Regards Mark

was only by luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsscc35 View Post
there used to be a championship called AAA... for high powered cars 4wd...upto 400bhp and unlimited.It was covered by the motorstv people..but i beleave it went bust "not sure".

If some how the guys that raced in that could be contacted and invited to classic thunder then your right it would be a great spectical for the drivers and crowds...and maybe it could be a class of its own?

Pete..

Ps get yourself to snetty at the weekend....i,m using high boost...maybe able to give you a bit of a race..
Old 28 Aug 2013, 14:20 (Ref:3295236)   #87
ANDY J
Rookie

ANDY J should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hi all Motors TV are showing the Autoglym Mallory Festival on Saturday 31st August at 13.40 (subject to change).

Cheers Andy

PS Dear Mods can we as in the CTCRC have this on top of every page like the 360 club
Old 6 Sep 2013, 22:47 (Ref:3300043)   #88
Mark Skyline
Rookie

Hi

Here is the video from my car from Mallory Park on the 4th August 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW7qCmb6Dgk

Regards Mark
Old 13 Sep 2013, 17:06 (Ref:3303464)   #89
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
joss Ronchetti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hi

Here is the video from my car from Mallory Park on the 4th August 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW7qCmb6Dgk

Regards Mark
Hi Mark, Robbo Guys,

Wish I was able to be out there with you all on track:0(
Andy Robbo great footage of you there having a Hoot in the Fiesta in those conditions. You looked you were loving it terrorising the Bigger Boys! :0)

Mark your car is awesome now having watched that footage
It's a real testament to all the hard work you have put in developing it to be so quick and reliable

Your good work seems to be the root to all woes though.
Your car laps so quick now that You will only ever get some real competition if it is up against another turbo 4WD car from the same continent with similar power, which are currently nearly all found in Time Attack unfortunatley (or fortunately if you look at it from the results prospective lol).

The Japanese 4WD Turbo cars are a breed of their own,
I know from first hand experiance what a fantastic car they are having owned a 385BHP EVO IX from new for the last 7 years. I can't see me ever getting rid of it either, it just does so much so easily.
What a track day car, it will pass most supercars for a fraction of the cost (was less than £30K new including power upgrade, bigger discs, uprated roll bars and springs and geometry set by Tommi Mäkinenn's ex Chief rally engineer from Xtreme). Having done 30,00 miles, with 15,000 plus of them flat out on track days it has only needed 1 clutch and a syncro in 4th replacing the whole time, which I think is amazing.
Even better is the fact that I do not worry about friends, staff and customers thrashing it round the circuit and going off. It has little Japanese Dalek type creatures living in each of the Diffs who control 90% of the vehicles fate in most situations. So virtually any silly mistake the onboard human makes is simply corrected by just pointing the steering wheel in the direction they want to go and the boys downstairs will sort the rest out

Mark, regarding people not racing because of you, I have never heard anyone say they would stay away because of a/your car. Personally the speed of your/any car. never has and never will, stop me coming and racing against you/anyone in the future.
Having seen the footage I know my Monaro even when fully, fully sorted will never be within 2 seconds a lap of your/any similar well driven Japanese Monster.
So it won't be much of race with me then unless you want to give me a 20 second or so head start lol

I won't be joining you in the 4WD club either as I am too old School and just love to race RWD given the choice.

Roll on the 2015 season,I can't wait to get back out on track and see and race you all again :0)
Old 13 Sep 2013, 19:22 (Ref:3303511)   #90
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
joss Ronchetti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is more my type of fun round Mallory
Boxing Day
Minus 9
On soft slicks (hoping to get some heat in them with worsening misfire)
I have a big catch at the end on the footage on the exit of Gerrards with Phil House's Mini almost kissing my bumper @ 5 minutes 20 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgp6AyDWUKk&hd=1
Old 15 Sep 2013, 12:58 (Ref:3304225)   #91
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
OK read the last posts with some interest how about this for a suggestion as I am sure Mark wants to race as well, all 4WD cars run on List 1a tyres, job done!
Old 23 Oct 2013, 06:44 (Ref:3322022)   #92
Mark Skyline
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
OK read the last posts with some interest how about this for a suggestion as I am sure Mark wants to race as well, all 4WD cars run on List 1a tyres, job done!

Hi Al

What tyres would we put on the cars? not that I mind I will race on anything.

Regards Mark
Old 23 Oct 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3322259)   #93
nsscc35
Rookie

4wd rally cars

Quote:
Hi Al, and all at ctcrc

there are lots of suggestions so the 4wd cars can stay with such a well run club and very friendly racers and their helpers(most of them family) and helping for free.

I have only been racing for 2 years so I,m no expert but I think can formulate a reasoned opinion on the subject of 4wd and jap cars.

in the dry 4wd isn't an advantage,i would say a well set up rear wheel drive car" such as a well set up bmw or any ex touring front or rear wheel drive" is more of an out and out race car.Look at adies alfa

In the wet...again a better lighter set up car can be much faster as the ex touring car astra proved at Silverstone.

An a1 tyre on a 4wd with more than 500bhp would be destroyed in about 9 laps at a guess.....at croft in the first race I ran about 700bhp medium boost on slicks width 245.....shot off into the lead but after about 8 laps the tyres were going off and by the end had lost nearly all grip..so I was caught and passed.....

Second race I turned boost down about 630bhp the tyres lasted the race and adie was all over me for about 5 laps but he had a cut out problem so he dropped back.

the lesson I learned was if I wanted to run big power medium and high boost 700 and 770bhp I would need to put on wider tyres and harder compound...

So just one suggestion might be to limit the width but still be able to stay on slicks...

It would be good to hear every ones opinions on this

Quote:
Hi Al

What tyres would we put on the cars? not that I mind I will race on anything.

ill stick some wider ones on and race you

Regards Mark

ill stick some wider ones on and race you

Last edited by nsscc35; 23 Oct 2013 at 19:35. Reason: missed a coment
Old 23 Oct 2013, 20:35 (Ref:3322299)   #94
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
The trackday tyres if you selected a harder compound would surely last longer than the slicks though. I also disagree that the 4WD has no advantage in dry conditions, when you are talking about the huge BHP these cars are producing surely to lay that down through all four tyres has to be an advantage. I have a bit under 500bhp I would guess on my cars and can have trouble laying the power down coming out of corners. I have no axe to grind either way and only suggested the tyres as a way to keep everyone happy however I made a typo in my earlier post and should have said list 1b's not 1a's which clearly would be a bit impractical.
Old 24 Oct 2013, 16:39 (Ref:3322637)   #95
nsscc35
Rookie

Quote:
The trackday tyres if you selected a harder compound would surely last longer than the slicks though. I also disagree that the 4WD has no advantage in dry conditions, when you are talking about the huge BHP these cars are producing surely to lay that down through all four tyres has to be an advantage. I have a bit under 500bhp I would guess on my cars and can have trouble laying the power down coming out of corners. I have no axe to grind either way and only suggested the tyres as a way to keep everyone happy however I made a typo in my earlier post and should have said list 1b's not 1a's which clearly would be a bit impractical.

cheers for your input al

Pete