Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Sep 2004, 15:30 (Ref:1106620)   #1
ttc
Racer

ttc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting...

Is BMW-William now practising No.1 and No.2 driver or is Juan just trying to deflect criticism of bad performance?

Juan claims Williams are favouring Ralf

Quote:
According to the Colombian, rather than share the attention between both their drivers, Williams are concentrating on Ralf. The German is making his return to F1 this weekend having missed the last six races after injuring himself at the United States GP.
Quote:
"This week has been really tough," Montoya told Reuters. "I think Ralf got here and I think they moved the focus out of my car a little bit. It's a bit frustrating because I'm trying really hard to get good results."
Old 25 Sep 2004, 15:42 (Ref:1106625)   #2
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its because Ralf isn't moaning and is thus more motivated that theyre concentrating on Ralf.

Plus Sam Michael had never denied his undying love for Ralf.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 15:46 (Ref:1106629)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
someones whinging again!!

i think Williams would probably be trying to make RS feel comfortable and stuff after the long layoff....
Old 25 Sep 2004, 15:47 (Ref:1106631)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well it could actually mean that because there has been a change of driver the team has had to focus on Ralf a little more because he is unused to the current spec. of the car. When Ralf left the car was very different as he has said so himself.

Montoya is not a fan of changing team mates either, he said that he thought the team should have stuck with Gene (before the change) because of the disruption.

Still, I realise that this is dull.

Last edited by Adam43; 25 Sep 2004 at 15:49.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 15:51 (Ref:1106633)   #5
ttc
Racer

ttc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My opinion is that JPM seems to be craving for attention. If he doesn't get it from the team, he'll try to get it from the media.

Oh well...
Old 25 Sep 2004, 15:55 (Ref:1106637)   #6
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
firstly knowing Frank Williams.... he never has clear no.1's...

secondly even Ralf is leaving Williams so they have no reason to favour him....

as Adam said is it is true probably to get RS acclimitised to the car again....
Old 25 Sep 2004, 15:59 (Ref:1106639)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ralf might well need more support than usual this weekend, and I'm sure JPM will udnerstand that. The car has moved on in the last 6 races, and Ralf will need to readjust. That said, JPM doens't seem to be having much success this weekend, maybe the car isn't ideal for him.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 16:22 (Ref:1106648)   #8
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Is it Ralf being treated as No.1, or Monty no longer be treated no.1?

I would assume they were putting everything into Montoya's car while Ralf was away, and now they are returning to equal status. In JPM's eyes, that probably feels like they are looking after him.

And as others have said, young Ralf probably needs a little more attention.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 16:53 (Ref:1106672)   #9
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whaha..ooh so now Ralf does better and its because of favourtism?

Honestly, there's no basis for him to suggest favourtism because Ralf is leaving at the end of the year with Montoya. Perhaps is just down to mis-communication or somebody's getting jumpy and paranoid. In any case, it's unfair on the mechanics and engineers working behind the scene.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 17:21 (Ref:1106698)   #10
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually I think Wrex has it right. Montoya's just commenting that now Ralf's back, the two cars are back on an equal footing. No big deal.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 17:26 (Ref:1106703)   #11
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Both are leaving, so I can't see any reason to favour one driver over the other.

JPM looked to be overdriving the car, it's a technical track so will reward precision, Ralf was smoother and quicker. JPM was critical of the car in the ITV interview, but as Brundle said he hasn't got the last corner right in any of the sessions.

To me, Ralf has driven better, simple as that.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 20:10 (Ref:1106812)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
JPM seems less motivated than Ralf is at current anyways. Ralf is happy just to be racing again, JPM just wants 2005 to begin. At least, that's how I see it.

Ralf has been better this weekend, simple.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 20:32 (Ref:1106828)   #13
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Let the results speak for themselfs!

Old 26 Sep 2004, 04:13 (Ref:1107003)   #14
XJR14/WSC95
Racer

XJR14/WSC95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JPM should be happy Ralf back as now they have some one who can properly set up the car again. It might just take JPM a will to get used to using ralfs setings again.
And what a surprise, JPMs complaining about favourtism. Expect to hear this alot in 2005.
Old 26 Sep 2004, 04:32 (Ref:1107006)   #15
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm just surprised that Frank brought Ralf back at all.

I mean at this point in the season, I'm sure Williams is trying out some new bits for there next car, so why give away any secrets to Ralf, who's leaving?

Oh yeah, stop your belly-aching Juan, you sound foolish!

Danica Patrick
Old 26 Sep 2004, 08:21 (Ref:1107070)   #16
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just think Monty is a moaner - it's as simple as that.

When it's going well - great, when it's not whinge. And, the negative attitude knocks on the performance.

We all know people like that!

I have to say all credit to MS on this one - he keeps trying and smiling even when things are not going well.

That's why Monty will never be World Champ.
Old 26 Sep 2004, 08:57 (Ref:1107095)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Monty will be champ one day.......but you can be sure he'll make it bloody hard for himself.
Old 26 Sep 2004, 09:02 (Ref:1107098)   #18
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's the new Nigel Mansell.
Old 26 Sep 2004, 09:03 (Ref:1107099)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

No bad thing.
Old 26 Sep 2004, 09:07 (Ref:1107102)   #20
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed.

It's the same old story - people complain the drivers are identikit clones with no personality, yet any time a driver shows a bit of emotion he's slapped down as "unprofessional".
Old 26 Sep 2004, 09:09 (Ref:1107104)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I think people have a point that Juan moans far too much, but at the end of the day I'd agree that they'd just moan if he was the complete opposite.
Old 26 Sep 2004, 10:08 (Ref:1107145)   #22
KevinS
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
KevinS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
JPM just wants 2005 to begin.
And I suspect the whining and moaning will start again once Kimi shows him who's boss and he's had his first blow-up.
Old 26 Sep 2004, 10:30 (Ref:1107163)   #23
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a little surprised JPM is moaning about this.
The right thing would be to say "they're favouring ralf-fair enough,there are reasons for it and they can do whatever they want as i'm leaving soon-but i just wanted to state a fact"
Old 26 Sep 2004, 11:32 (Ref:1107227)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
People say things like that all the time . Especially when being interviewed.
Perhaps he thought it was obvious why it would happen and didn't need to mention it

Last edited by Adam43; 26 Sep 2004 at 11:32.
Old 26 Sep 2004, 12:04 (Ref:1107255)   #25
acf8181
Racer

acf8181 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think the main reason ralf was quick is his attitude...he seemed much cherpier in interviews...in a jVesqe kind of way.