Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 29 Sep 2013, 18:37 (Ref:3310783)   #51
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Jnr on pole - probably wont lead a lap
I'm glad you were wrong

Early going yet, but it's been unusual seeing Junior not only lead but also pressuring Kenseth and retaking the lead when he lost it due to lapped traffic. He looks strong today, hopefully he can keep it up.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 04:57 (Ref:3310907)   #52
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
The Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Johnson's record breaking win total at Dover, I think it is beyond time for this track to be taken out of the Chase.

It features very empty stretches of grandstands, and as a longtime fan, I find that it is a hard track to stay awake through.

I do appreciate the track's unique qualities, but if the whole point of the Chase is excitement/entertainment, then Dover should be replaced by either a short track or road course... Richmond, Bristol, Sonoma or COTA would all be better venues at this point of the season.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 07:27 (Ref:3310940)   #53
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I would love to see a road course in the chase. I was rooting for Jr. to win yesterday. He probably had the best car out there.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 10:19 (Ref:3310998)   #54
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Instag8or View Post
With Johnson's record breaking win total at Dover, I think it is beyond time for this track to be taken out of the Chase.

It features very empty stretches of grandstands, and as a longtime fan, I find that it is a hard track to stay awake through.
Agreed, was bored & when 12 cars end up on the lead lap then that cant be too exciting - change it up NASCAR, move forward
Old 30 Sep 2013, 11:17 (Ref:3311011)   #55
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep. That race was a dud. Getting tired of the weekly build up,
contrived storylines and interviews,tv practice,tv qualifying, then the
culmination of the race brings a wahwuuuuuuuuh.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 11:42 (Ref:3311027)   #56
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think the track is the problem, but rather the cars or perhaps the tires. Just seems the cars stick a bit too good to the surface.

I mean, Dover usually means spinouts, crunched sheet metal, flared tempers and so on but last night was like watching a race at newBristol.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 20:30 (Ref:3311188)   #57
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Theres one line. Its like that on many tracks. Its boring because its a procession with only pit stops and cautions throwing a curve. Thats why the big ovals are more appealing imo. You can run high medium or low lines and be fast at some tracks.
Old 1 Oct 2013, 18:43 (Ref:3311603)   #58
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The biggest problem? It's football season.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 11:07 (Ref:3312238)   #59
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
^Correct, JHamilton. Chase or no, my interest always wanes this time of year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Hey Fieldo - did you see the clip showing Kennseths first Nascar race?
Filled in for Elliotts 94 McDonalds. Finished 6th. I think it was around 1996.
I've been "out" for a while...missed that clip, but actually recall the race itself.
Old 5 Oct 2013, 04:04 (Ref:3313036)   #60
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What a Chase so far, eh?

Chicago, New Hampshire, Dover and now KANSAS! Can't wait!

I'm gonna go pack my bags for PLM....
Old 5 Oct 2013, 23:54 (Ref:3313324)   #61
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Brad is annoyed with Busch after Busch "got tight" and tipped Brad out of tonight's Nationwide race. Brad swears revenge for tomorrow.
Old 6 Oct 2013, 00:58 (Ref:3313343)   #62
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hope he does so we can see if NASCAR learned anything from Richmond or if the 'wrasslin' attitude will be tolerated. It will definitely be more entertaining than a race at Kansas.
Old 6 Oct 2013, 05:13 (Ref:3313388)   #63
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Brad is annoyed with Busch after Busch "got tight" and tipped Brad out of tonight's Nationwide race. Brad swears revenge for tomorrow.
Kyle made a good point though when he said he didnt get ivolved in the Keselowski/JJ duel in last years chase after the #2 dumped him out of the lead at an oily Watkins Glen...
Old 7 Oct 2013, 00:04 (Ref:3313897)   #64
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another amazing Sprint cup championship run by Kyle Busch, at this rate he should be able to win the Cup by 2035.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 04:24 (Ref:3314404)   #65
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
is the Chase still going on? Huh....
Old 8 Oct 2013, 10:27 (Ref:3314522)   #66
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Far from over for Kyle, the big one has to happen at Dega as Marcos Ambrose gets thru it & goes on to secure his 1st Superspeedway race win
Old 8 Oct 2013, 16:48 (Ref:3314690)   #67
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It's hard to bet against Kenseth who has the momentum but Johnson is keeping him honest. Kurt the headcase is doing miracles with that 78.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3314777)   #68
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Far from over for Kyle

Its Kyle Busch, its over.
Old 11 Oct 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3316289)   #69
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Kyle Larson will make his Cup debut this weekend. Driving the #51 Phoenix Racing Chevrolet he qualified in 21st starting spot.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 01:52 (Ref:3316910)   #70
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
This is boring NASCAR, 2/3rds of the field lapped by lap 200, Hendricks with 4 cars in the top 5...
Old 13 Oct 2013, 03:03 (Ref:3316927)   #71
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why doesn't NASCAR just make a 300-race schedule with 25 lap shootouts?
Old 14 Oct 2013, 10:08 (Ref:3317643)   #72
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i LOL'd...

Old 15 Oct 2013, 22:24 (Ref:3318222)   #73
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
This is boring NASCAR, 2/3rds of the field lapped by lap 200, Hendricks with 4 cars in the top 5...
I'm glad I watched the Bathurst 1000 rather than the race at Charlotte.

I'm going to make sure I watch the race this weekend though... I mean, it's 'Dega after all
Old 20 Oct 2013, 18:40 (Ref:3320645)   #74
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
The race at Talladega is underway. 11 laps in and it's dangerously close to becoming another Matt Kenseth Lead'O'Rama.

...and there he just took the lead. Damnit.

(To clarify: I don't seeing Kenseth leading at the restrictor plate tracks because 1) he's impossible to pass and 2) no one has the balls to put the bumper to him and losen him up to make a pass.)

Edit: And obviously just because I wrote the above Greg Biffle took the lead with relative ease
Old 20 Oct 2013, 18:58 (Ref:3320650)   #75
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's interesting that the top 2 in points (Kenseth and JJ) are racing up front while a lot of others on waiting in the back.

And now the cars are starting the boring train formation.