Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 5 Jun 2002, 21:18 (Ref:305744)   #1
wickedwitch
Racer

wickedwitch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anglesy - my turn to travel

Well, it looks like EP & co had a great time in Anglesy last weekend so I thought I might make the trip myself, based on her recommendation.

I'm going over this weekend and would love to hear from anyone who's gonna be there. I'll be joined by a couple of other Irish marshals and the lads from the Rescue Unit (my BF is on the Unit, but I wouldn't let that deter me from making the trip ).

So is anyone from here, going to be there?
Old 5 Jun 2002, 23:32 (Ref:305855)   #2
PPitstop
Rookie

PPitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I'll be there. 2CVracer will be there and a few others. It is looking like quite a good weekend. Look for to meeting up with you Friday.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 07:59 (Ref:306052)   #3
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I put a few details on Anglesey on Paul's site at http://objektiv.intrascape.com/marshalling

I was working the RallyX circuit so I don't have details on the full config postings but just a few words of advice to anyone going (most of this is standard marshalling stuff anyway, but I know what it's like when you go away - sometimes stuff gets left behind - and there's no shops easily accessible where you can pick up stuff so.....)

Weather at Anglesey is VERY changeable. We went through pelting rain, forked lightning, mist, blazing sunshine and then threatened rain in the space of about 8 hours. Make sure you're layered so you can strip up or down as the temp changes, make sure you have your raingear handy and DO remember sun cream. You can get burned even when it's raining!

Safety glasses are a must - there's a lot of stones around the track and they do fly.

Hat! Definitely a Hat!

Lady marshals, there is only one toilet block and it's in the paddock - longest walk to it would be about 5 minutes downhill - but remember it's all uphill on the way back, so plan your "comfort breaks" accordingly!

According to scuttlebutt, Anglesey is an ex-MOD testing site, so beware of talking rocks, 7 legged rabbits and don't pick anything (or anyone) up unless you're sure you know what it is!

Oh and do watch your back. There are few banks on the circuit so most of the marshals posts are trackside - Best suggestion is to treat it the same way as you'd treat the Park - stand clear of tyres (they're not bolted down) and always be sure of your escape route!

Anglesey is a brilliant "grass roots" circuit and I'm sure you're going to have loads of fun!

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 6 Jun 2002 at 08:01.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 08:06 (Ref:306057)   #4
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin

Lady marshals, there is only one toilet block and it's in the paddock
There are also toilets in the buildings at School; when I can get past the home page on Paul's site I'll add some more details......
Old 6 Jun 2002, 08:15 (Ref:306065)   #5
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
There are?

Why did no-one tell me this before?

ARRRRRGH - all that time doing the wee-wee rain dance and there were toilets behind me.

Old 6 Jun 2002, 18:11 (Ref:306579)   #6
wickedwitch
Racer

LOL

Thanks, EP & Dave. I set out tomorrow, so I will take a peek at Paul's site first.

At the moment it looks like I'll have to share a room with 2CVRacer coz there's an uneven boy:girl ratio and the Rescue Unit Crew are staying too far away for sharing a room with my BF to be an option. My tip? Never leave it to an organising club to organise things.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 18:47 (Ref:306601)   #7
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WW the circuit map posted on Paul's site is not of Anglesey unless it has been updated within the last 48 hours.

Take plenty of suntan cream and don't forget to apply it liberally to all exposed bits especially your lips - the weather gets very windy and your lips, if not protected, can blow up like balloons.

Have a great time.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 18:56 (Ref:306611)   #8
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
It has been updated KayBee - that was my bad - I mislabelled the images I sent to Paul - had Kirkistown labelled as Anglesey and vice versa. The one that's up there now is the one from www.angleseycircuit.com so I think it's correct - it looks about right anyway?
Old 6 Jun 2002, 22:44 (Ref:306820)   #9
PPitstop
Rookie

Thanks for the info KayBee and EP, I will bring it with me this weekend.
WW, don't worry, we'll look after you, you will not have to share with 2CVracer( unless you want to). Something will be arraged(don't tell BF)
Old 7 Jun 2002, 06:43 (Ref:307051)   #10
PaulPerkins
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester, UK
PaulPerkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dave,

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Brand

There are also toilets in the buildings at School; when I can get past the home page on Paul's site I'll add some more details......
What seems to be the problem with the site?
Old 7 Jun 2002, 08:01 (Ref:307109)   #11
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulPerkins

What seems to be the problem with the site?
Right now, I can't get into it at all! Has the URL changed? I've got it bookmarked as:

objectiv.intrascape.com/marshalling/

No problems with intrascape.com, but /marshalling gives a 404 error message.
Old 7 Jun 2002, 08:05 (Ref:307112)   #12
PaulPerkins
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester, UK
Ah - the URL is

http://objektiv.intrascape.com/marshalling

or better still

http://www.objektiv.co.uk/marshalling

Seems you've mixed a 'k' with a 'c'.
Old 7 Jun 2002, 08:48 (Ref:307136)   #13
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulPerkins
Seems you've mixed a 'k' with a 'c'.
Oops - so I have.....but, it's correct in the URL I've got bookmarked, which worked fine until early this week.

Hmm.....using the objektiv.co.uk URL, I got into the site a few minutes ago, but now I'm getting a 404 there as well! going into the Objektiv website & then adding /marshalling is giving me the blue line at the bottom of IE to show that the page has loaded, but it's not appearing. Same result with (aaarrgghhh!!!!) NetScrap 6.

Maybe it doesn't like me!
Old 7 Jun 2002, 09:02 (Ref:307149)   #14
PaulPerkins
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester, UK
Ooeer! I've looked through the logs and it looks like it's sending you data...

I'll do some more trawling... :confused:

Actually, I've just run weblint against it and it does appear that there are some overlapping TD and TR tags. This *may* break some browsers. IE 5.5 and Konqueror appear to be OK, tho..

I'll try and fix it and get back to you...

Last edited by PaulPerkins; 7 Jun 2002 at 09:11.
Old 7 Jun 2002, 09:32 (Ref:307168)   #15
PaulPerkins
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester, UK
Dave, can you try now?

(Sorry to everyone else for polluting this thread )

Last edited by PaulPerkins; 7 Jun 2002 at 09:32.
Old 10 Jun 2002, 17:43 (Ref:309834)   #16
PPitstop
Rookie

What a weekend. Anglesey is a very tight circuit. Lots of hills and dips and some very interesting corners.

Thanks to Leinster Motor Club for invitinig us over to Marshal this event. It was very well run, with no delays. Julie and Shiela did a great job in control and the paddock and this helped ensure that the event ran ahead of schedule. All in all a great weekend . I am looking forward to this event being run again next year. I think I will return to Angelsey for some events later in the year.

Everyone who was there enjoyed themselves,organising clubs,drivers and marshals alike.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 18:53 (Ref:310847)   #17
wickedwitch
Racer

Wow, had a brilliant time. By the way, Hi to Stubby if you ever read this - we'll bring that German newspaper over with us next time for you, your seven wives and hundreds of children to read.

Thanks a millions you guys for all the info, especially Kaybee - I was at Radar on Sunday which is PARTICULARLY windy and was glad of the suncream and lip protection.

I'll definitely be back sometime.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 18:57 (Ref:310853)   #18
wickedwitch
Racer

Oh, By the way - I only had to share a room with 2CVRacer for about half an hour, before we found somewhere else for him. Thanks for that PPitstop and crazyG. Although I neglected to tell the boyfriend, so until he reads this, he still thinks I shared with 2CVRacer - MuHaHaHaHa.