Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 7 Dec 2005, 01:38 (Ref:1478647)   #26
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It isnt a publicity stunt, Katherine has done very well this year in Atlantics and deserves this chance. IMO of course.
Old 8 Dec 2005, 01:17 (Ref:1479314)   #27
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She's a fair driver, and it'll be great for PR, good luck to them. Now, A1 GP 2008/9 - just wait for Surtees Jnr to head out there for team GBR...mark my words
Old 8 Dec 2005, 01:24 (Ref:1479317)   #28
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Wasn't there a chap who was very recently a front runner in Atlantics, who when he tested for A1 GP was running in 17 -19th place? I am not trying to disparage Atlantics, I am just making the point that A1GP is more competitive.
Old 8 Dec 2005, 01:29 (Ref:1479323)   #29
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it was down to talent-alone, she wouldn't be looked at, but it's not, nor is motorsport as a whole, PR and Marketing is a huge part of motorsport, and she will definitely raise awareness of A1GP. Plus, she's ok, not bad, doubt she'd be a front-runner, but from a Marketing point of view she probably wouldn't have to be
Old 8 Dec 2005, 01:30 (Ref:1479325)   #30
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But Katherine could be quicker in the A1 GP car?

Give her a chance and hopefully she might shut the sexist ******'s up for a while.
Old 8 Dec 2005, 01:35 (Ref:1479328)   #31
spider
Veteran

England
London
Lets give her a chance, but if you were to put her, and selected top drivers who we would wish to see in A1GP - Mr Paffett, Jamie Green, even the likes of Allan McNish (why not eh!?) in that car against Miss Legge, I doubt she'd be as quick, though fair do's, it's about being an all-rounder, and her driving certainly isn't of a poor standard.
Old 8 Dec 2005, 18:28 (Ref:1479904)   #32
Paddockman
Racer

England
Hampshire UK
Paddockman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D
But Katherine could be quicker in the A1 GP car?

Give her a chance and hopefully she might shut the sexist ******'s up for a while.
It's not sexist just to believe that someone is of minimal ability!!
Old 9 Dec 2005, 14:05 (Ref:1480480)   #33
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Well, now we know.

Katherine did 15 laps in the two 20-minute sessions this morning, which allowed teams to shake down their second cars.

She was running-in a new engine in the first session, and in the second she was bedding brakes, and there was a red flag, so no-one should expect too much.

In fact, she was 23rd and 22nd respectively in the two sessions, and her best time was 3.687secs slower than the dominant French team.

If anyone is surprised or disappointed by that, they shouldn't be. It's about what I would expect in all the circumstances. It won't have helped Team GBR in developing the car, but it may give them a few news stories, which I still think was the one and only plan.
Old 9 Dec 2005, 16:26 (Ref:1480599)   #34
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes but she has been improving steadily throughout the weekend, realisticaly I think we all knew that she woudnt be anywhere near the front due to the relative lack of test miles she has compared to everyone else on track. A shame she cant do some more running as 22nd is the fastest she has gone this weekend and it just happened to be in the last session she ran in too...
Old 11 Dec 2005, 03:49 (Ref:1481479)   #35
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like she did a good job, but it was never times she was going for ... media was the primary goal

A storm in a D cup
Old 11 Dec 2005, 06:52 (Ref:1481501)   #36
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 11 Dec 2005, 08:18 (Ref:1481511)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Yes but she has been improving steadily throughout the weekend, realisticaly I think we all knew that she woudnt be anywhere near the front due to the relative lack of test miles she has compared to everyone else on track. A shame she cant do some more running as 22nd is the fastest she has gone this weekend and it just happened to be in the last session she ran in too...
The more relevant bit is how close Ms Legge got to the lead driver this weekend. Only he had the same equipment under him as Ms Legge, so any comparison should probably be made against Robbie Kerr not against the French team.....

As is more and more the case in this alleged "control" formula... the teams with their acts together make the rest look like dummies....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Dec 2005, 08:33 (Ref:1481513)   #38
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
The more relevant bit is how close Ms Legge got to the lead driver this weekend. Only he had the same equipment under him as Ms Legge, so any comparison should probably be made against Robbie Kerr not against the French team.....

As is more and more the case in this alleged "control" formula... the teams with their acts together make the rest look like dummies....
I dont think there should be any comparissans between Legge and Kerr personally as she only had 2 20 minute sessions in the car and during that time all she was doing was bedding in the engine and brakes really. It isnt fair IMO to draw any comparissan between Legge and Kerr seeing as how Kerr has had something in the region of 20 times the time and running that Legge has had. IMO.

Still, IMO she did a good job. She did as she was asked to do by the team and didnt crash the car, maybe if she had some more testing prior to the practise sessions she had she would have been signifcantly faster. Any driver in any series would struggle to be quick in a new car with just 40 minutes of running time. IMO.
Old 11 Dec 2005, 16:46 (Ref:1481712)   #39
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jinxx
Sounds like she did a good job, but it was never times she was going for ... media was the primary goal

A storm in a D cup
And a very nice D cup i am sure . But Mr Jinnx, how do you know their a D cup??
Old 11 Dec 2005, 17:15 (Ref:1481734)   #40
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
That's not actually borne out by the results. They are still very random, which makes it difficult to forecast a top 6, but the lap times are much closer than they were at the beginning of the season.

I don't know why Australia had a disappointing weekend, but that seems to be the way it goes. At least they got a point, although being beaten by the likes of China and Austria was a surprise.
Old 13 Dec 2005, 04:02 (Ref:1482804)   #41
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On a side note it be worth a try to put Leanne Tander in to test the Australian A1GP car. She got 3rd in the Aust. Formula Ford championship a few years back and is running Top 3 in Australian Formula 3 championship meetings, (unbeatable in an RX7)... better than Christian Jones at least.

Interesting field that year in Formula Ford, 1st to part-time V8 driver Luke Youlden, 2nd to V8 driver Rick Kelly, 6th to Will Davison, 7th to Will Power, 8th to part-time V8 driver Owen Kelly, 11th to Ty Hanger still running around in F4000, 12th to Barton Mawer from that div 2 in british F3, 15th to ex-V8 driver and Konica V8 champ Andrew Jones.
Old 13 Dec 2005, 04:22 (Ref:1482809)   #42
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leanne Tander’s progression in Aus Formula Ford was 27th (not all the rounds) in 1998 – 7th in 1999 – 3rd in 2000. Compares not too bad against Will Power’s 19th in 98 – 18th in 99 – 7th in 2000 – 2nd in 2001. Or against Mark Webber’s 13th in 94 – 4th in 95. Aus Formula Ford is not such an easy series!
Old 13 Dec 2005, 22:40 (Ref:1483511)   #43
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SaleenS7R,

Did you really mean to send me that e-mail the other day? It's just that I haven't posted on these forums much lately... Not as much as I used to anyway.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 10:52 (Ref:1483761)   #44
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
SaleenS7R,

Did you really mean to send me that e-mail the other day? It's just that I haven't posted on these forums much lately... Not as much as I used to anyway.
Yep I did, iv'e sent you a PM regarding it.

Note to moderators, sorry about being off topic.
Old 16 Dec 2005, 11:12 (Ref:1485227)   #45
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Note to Saleen...its ok