Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Dec 2013, 08:44 (Ref:3347941)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jerez Historic Festival

http://www.themastersseries.com/even...o-2014/item/61
Old 1 Oct 2014, 06:30 (Ref:3459083)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
It's getting close to the big trip down to Southern Spain and the Algarve!

Having decided to risk crossing the Bay of Biscay (on a ferry!) rather than drive the length of France, am constantly checking the pressure charts to see if wind strength is going to be an issue! At moment looks OK, despite UK getting possible bad weather. Hopefully will be leaving it all behind.....

Anyone still undecided, my neighbours still have a car space available, but you'll need to be quick as ferry leaves Sunday night.....

Old 1 Oct 2014, 08:42 (Ref:3459114)   #3
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to cheer you up Mike, the only time I have ever been seasick (and I've done a fair bit of offshore sailing/dinghy racing/dodgy Greek ferries) was in a dead calm on the old Portsmouth - Bilbao crossing, very odd motion! And before you say, it wasn't the bar, I never even made it that far
Old 6 Oct 2014, 07:36 (Ref:3461144)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
OK..... We're sitting at docks in Roscoff harbour changing crew or replenishing supplies- or something, and the shipping forecast for Biscay is for severe gale force 9 dropping to 'just' gale force 8 later. Suddenly Dover Calais and driving the length of France sounds a sensible option! Fortunately I declined the 'full English' breakfast......
Old 6 Oct 2014, 08:52 (Ref:3461169)   #5
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
....before your stomach did.....
Old 6 Oct 2014, 12:10 (Ref:3461223)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England

Now just about to leave the coastline and head across the Bay, but latest is '5 to 7' on the jolly old Beaufort scale, so risked a light lunch!
Old 8 Oct 2014, 10:00 (Ref:3462112)   #7
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
All well at moment . Been stopped twice by the police not sure why . Think mike should be at track by now and I have still got 500 miles to go . Isn't there a song called that . Off to the cafe to pratice my Spanish
Old 8 Oct 2014, 11:23 (Ref:3462148)   #8
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Spanish police are probably targetting British truckers as there's less chance of them catching Ebola than off Spanish ones
Old 8 Oct 2014, 16:11 (Ref:3462255)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Sure has been windy on the way down . Mike tells me weather at Jerez is ok
Old 10 Oct 2014, 20:29 (Ref:3463097)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Nice day today . Rain this morning but now pleasent evening . Had a blast in MGB this afternoon . Need to find some time against team mate but good to be out on track again . Little 22 in the morning then another go in the B later in the day . Bon Weee
Old 11 Oct 2014, 07:50 (Ref:3463276)   #11
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Here is web site . www.crono-jerez.com

Last edited by John Turner; 11 Oct 2014 at 10:53.
Old 11 Oct 2014, 17:31 (Ref:3463393)   #12
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
P8 on the Lurani grid but.....there must be a story to tell, Iain?
Old 12 Oct 2014, 05:29 (Ref:3463717)   #13
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yep after awfull start got back up to 8 th but then engine stopped . Looks like something broken in drive train . I could strip down and get the parts sent to fix for Portimao but I'm just knackard . I have had a brilliant year and will look forward to taking my time over the winter and rebuild properly as well as Finnish new engine that I am half way through . It's raining this morning so going to be fun in Brian MGB. Good news from hockenheim my driver there finnished second in German ff2000 championship so pressure is on you now Colin . Think compte has done enough already to win the British class.A FJ . So good luck at Silverstone next weekend
Old 12 Oct 2014, 06:58 (Ref:3463771)   #14
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Are Finnish engines quicker than English ones?
Old 12 Oct 2014, 09:42 (Ref:3463924)   #15
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very droll, John. I'm the only one allowed to take the mick out of Iain's spelling!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 12 Oct 2014, 11:36 (Ref:3463970)   #16
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Very droll, John. I'm the only one allowed to take the mick out of Iain's spelling!
Or is that typo an iFone spelling suggestion and checker correction? Clearly these fones are not so smart as they pretend to be.
Old 12 Oct 2014, 17:44 (Ref:3464127)   #17
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Sun going down now over here at Jerez . Little sad . Had a great race on slippery track this morning . We had a class p 2 behind TVR . All loaded up and heading of to Portimao on the morning . I'm sure there will be some more delta stories before next weekend is over .
Old 12 Oct 2014, 18:51 (Ref:3464156)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
See you there Iain. Drive safely matey.
Old 12 Oct 2014, 20:34 (Ref:3464185)   #19
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Safe journey you lucky people...howling gale outside & log fires here.