Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Nov 2014, 10:21 (Ref:3478533)   #26
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is an article in Autosport suggesting why the change was made. Primarilly it says that Mattiacci did not get on well with Bernie where as Arrivabene has a good relationship with Bernie and is also a long standing member of the F1 commision.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116930
Old 25 Nov 2014, 10:38 (Ref:3478536)   #27
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
However, it may just be that Arrivabene/Vettel/Key deliver the goods. Sometimes you've got to go through a few combinations to hit on the sweet spot.
That should have been /Allison rather than Key by the way - wrong James - whoops
Old 25 Nov 2014, 10:43 (Ref:3478537)   #28
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
There is an article in Autosport suggesting why the change was made. Primarilly it says that Mattiacci did not get on well with Bernie where as Arrivabene has a good relationship with Bernie and is also a long standing member of the F1 commision.

So Ferrari assume Bernie's going to be around for a while yet?
Old 25 Nov 2014, 10:56 (Ref:3478539)   #29
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:

If that is the rationale, it's yet another disastrous appointment that'll end in tears.
Old 25 Nov 2014, 11:03 (Ref:3478540)   #30
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that depends how he knows him.

if he's up bernie's backside (scuse the expression and resulting mental images) then that's bad.

if he knows how bernie works, and knows how to play him... that might not be so bad. it depends on his view of the sport and whether it's entirely ferrari centric or if it's more realistic.
Old 25 Nov 2014, 11:27 (Ref:3478543)   #31
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The man should be capable of whipping the team into shape, that's the priority. How he gets on with Bernie is secondary. The man is in his 80's, he's not the powerhouse he once was, partly because of his age, principally because of the bribery debacle.

You don't pick fights with Eccelstone but if the team is in chaos or in "transition" as the jargon goes, you better have a guy at the helm that can roll up his sleeves and sort that stuff out ASAP. Arrivabene doesn't seem to be that guy.
Old 25 Nov 2014, 11:34 (Ref:3478548)   #32
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
there's more than one way of whipping a team into shape too (yeah ok i'm just being awkward this morning sorry).

the italian way of running around yelling at everyone, or the non-italian way of rebuilding it from the ground up. suspect they need a good old staff clear out, but do italian employment laws make that easy and inexpensive?
Old 25 Nov 2014, 14:20 (Ref:3478591)   #33
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One thing over looked in the F1 media, is that Marchionne plans to step down at the end of 2018, so things need to happen fast.
http://europe.autonews.com/article/2...09798/0/SEARCH

More appropriate theme: Frolic - Luciano Michelini
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=6MYAGyZlBY0
Old 25 Nov 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3478654)   #34
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Yes, I read that and followed the logic. Eddie Jordan said on Sunday that he has known Arrivabene since he was racing himself and was sure he would do a good job. I am sure you all remember Eddie in F3 with Marlboro sponsorship?

The thought that I had was who replaces Arrivabene at Philip Morris and does that endanger the backing they get. I can imagine that if he did a good job at Philip Morris they will not be too pleased to have him lured away after such a long time. He may have been the one who sold the idea of subliminal advertising that is, IMO, just a bit too subtle and relies on the customer's memory. If there are those in Philip Morris that did not agree this is an opportunity to save costs or redirect the money.

Certainly I am sorry for Mattiacci who has ended a long and apparently successful career in the maelstrom that is F1. I got the impression when appointed that he did not really want to be there in the first place, seems Kimi thought he did a good job though, but then Kimi is still there

Interesting times
Old 25 Nov 2014, 19:50 (Ref:3478672)   #35
cerdic
Rookie

cerdic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel is probably thinking he can do a 'Schumacher'. Go to Ferrari, turn it around, win championships, become a legend.....

Maybe he has forgotten that Shuey brought a Ross with him! "Hi, Adrien. I've got this great idea....."
Old 25 Nov 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3478680)   #36
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Yes, I read that and followed the logic. Eddie Jordan said on Sunday that he has known Arrivabene since he was racing himself and was sure he would do a good job. I am sure you all remember Eddie in F3 with Marlboro sponsorship?

The thought that I had was who replaces Arrivabene at Philip Morris and does that endanger the backing they get. I can imagine that if he did a good job at Philip Morris they will not be too pleased to have him lured away after such a long time. He may have been the one who sold the idea of subliminal advertising that is, IMO, just a bit too subtle and relies on the customer's memory. If there are those in Philip Morris that did not agree this is an opportunity to save costs or redirect the money.

Certainly I am sorry for Mattiacci who has ended a long and apparently successful career in the maelstrom that is F1. I got the impression when appointed that he did not really want to be there in the first place, seems Kimi thought he did a good job though, but then Kimi is still there

Interesting times
It wouldn't be too much of a leap to say that the Arrivabene appointment is designed to copperfasten the Philip Morris connection. They aren't going to spite that relationship. Otherwise there's no clear outstanding reason why this guy has been appointed.

This is Ferrari and Philip Morris becoming more integrated in response to economic trouble. That's my reading.
Old 25 Nov 2014, 21:07 (Ref:3478693)   #37
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
This is Ferrari and Philip Morris becoming more integrated in response to economic trouble. That's my reading.
thats my take as well.

thinking out of the box, doesn't a one or two year stint as Ferrari TP in addition to his marketing background and long term knowledge of the sport's politics and players put his name into the ring of people who could legitimately replace BE?

Ferrari have a lot to lose if the next person in charge wants to treat the teams as financial equals.

Italian team plus godfather theme music links has the cynic in me looking for Machiavellian power plays.
Old 25 Nov 2014, 21:14 (Ref:3478699)   #38
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im a bit late to the unofficial theme tune party.

But heres my vote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
Old 25 Nov 2014, 23:31 (Ref:3478729)   #39
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=chillibowl;3478693]thats my take as well.

thinking out of the box, doesn't a one or two year stint as Ferrari TP in addition to his marketing background and long term knowledge of the sport's politics and players put his name into the ring of people who could legitimately replace BE?

Well he certainly would have the right CV , good thought
Old 26 Nov 2014, 01:11 (Ref:3478739)   #40
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
there's more than one way of whipping a team into shape too (yeah ok i'm just being awkward this morning sorry).

the italian way of running around yelling at everyone, or the non-italian way of rebuilding it from the ground up. suspect they need a good old staff clear out, but do italian employment laws make that easy and inexpensive?
Highly doubtful that spring cleaning would be an easy task in Italy...
Old 26 Nov 2014, 07:16 (Ref:3478780)   #41
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
that depends how he knows him.

if he's up bernie's backside (scuse the expression and resulting mental images) then that's bad.

if he knows how bernie works, and knows how to play him... that might not be so bad. it depends on his view of the sport and whether it's entirely ferrari centric or if it's more realistic.
I would love to know where Matiacci and Bernie didn't get on!

(Adam Parr situation replayed?)

Last edited by wnut; 26 Nov 2014 at 07:34.
Old 4 Dec 2014, 15:52 (Ref:3481877)   #42
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mattiacci and Alonso – the real story
http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/ferrari-in-2014/

But still nothing on why Ferrari dumped Mattiacci
Old 4 Dec 2014, 21:05 (Ref:3481959)   #43
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Mattiacci and Alonso – the real story
http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/ferrari-in-2014/

But still nothing on why Ferrari dumped Mattiacci
Isn't it the usual routine?The Gazetta della Sport write a few critical articles and a well known name gets fired to take the heat off the Scuderia-at least for a while.
Old 4 Dec 2014, 22:01 (Ref:3481981)   #44
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did you ever notice when Ferrari's revolving door rev's faster the cars get slower.
Old 8 Dec 2014, 11:59 (Ref:3483094)   #45
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
What Vettel was thinking when he signed for Ferrari, I just don't know!
'What pretty red overalls"?

2015 should be a vintage year for Italians running around foaming at the mouth.
I've got ten bob that says they'll have two more team bosses before next Christmas.

But no more race wins.
Old 8 Dec 2014, 21:23 (Ref:3483220)   #46
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkione View Post
'What pretty red overalls"?

2015 should be a vintage year for Italians running around foaming at the mouth.
I've got ten bob that says they'll have two more team bosses before next Christmas.

But no more race wins.

I reckon their "pretty red overalls" are only that colour so the blood doesn't show and create a bad impression when they are sticking knives into one another's backs!

Still reckon they should give Stefano Domenicali a call, he would probably be very effective without Monty's interference!