Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Dec 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3785926)   #251
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Better music than both too.
This sentence must be a breach of the forum rules. I'm not sure which rule, but it must fit something.
Old 8 Dec 2017, 21:18 (Ref:3785928)   #252
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Has Jackie ever recorded any music? I’m hoping for something really obscure like he was backing vocals on Mull of Kintyre or something.
Old 9 Dec 2017, 01:35 (Ref:3785954)   #253
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
He pulls it off better than Scotsman or the American. Better music than both too.
who is the American?
Can we stay on topic please?
Old 9 Dec 2017, 08:31 (Ref:3785977)   #254
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
who is the American?
Can we stay on topic please?
I was referring to Lewis. There is a little joke going round that he sometimes acts like an American rapper.

There is no malice in this. As being an American isn’t a bad thing, this isn’t an insult. Just as it isn’t an insult to refer to Jackie Stewart as always wearing tartan. It’s just being silly. I don’t feel the need to have to give a disclaimer in every post that he is a decent guy and a brilliant driver, as it is clear. Although I have seen sometimes you can get thinely veiled attacks towards yourself if you don’t. This did upset me initially as it was unjust.

As we are now taking about the Sex Pistols I think you can see that this thread isn’t taking itself too seriously. It’s the off season.

We’re both worse people for me having to explain this.

I’m sure that if this line of discussion continues you can get the thread closed, which would be a shame.
Old 9 Dec 2017, 09:36 (Ref:3785984)   #255
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Click image for larger version

Name:	BEER (3)m.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	50818
I'll have a drink for Lewis, although it's a shame I can't get "Larkins" down here ! Incidentally he did fly in to my local airport in Almeria the other day but he didn't have time to pop in and see me
Attached Thumbnails
LH.jpg  

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 9 Dec 2017 at 09:43.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Dec 2017, 12:25 (Ref:3785998)   #256
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I'm disappointed he's not rocking the Scottish look.

It's a shame you didn't get to have a drink with him. It'd be fun to have a beer with him
Old 9 Dec 2017, 12:49 (Ref:3786001)   #257
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I was referring to Lewis. There is a little joke going round that he sometimes acts like an American rapper.
...........(
Ah, my bad, as they say. I didn't realise that was still a joke - thought it had worn so thin as to have disappeared by now

Actually I'm more concerned that the off season is so quiet for some folk. I'm desperately trying to work out how to cram raising the budget for next season's events, building two new race cars and having a month abroad all into 4 months
Old 9 Dec 2017, 12:56 (Ref:3786002)   #258
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Ah, my bad, as they say. I didn't realise that was still a joke - thought it had worn so thin as to have disappeared by now
That's better, a joke
Quote:
Actually I'm more concerned that the off season is so quiet for some folk. I'm desperately trying to work out how to cram raising the budget for next season's events, building two new race cars and having a month abroad all into 4 months
I got over that by breaking the cars early on, which gave me an extra half a year to achieve that.
Old 9 Dec 2017, 13:00 (Ref:3786003)   #259
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Quote:
I agree that I don’t think he’ll leave motorsport. He likes it too much.

However, and I may be wrong, but I see him as F1 only.
It'll be interesting to see how it unfolds.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...-in-f1-to-2020
Just more musings from Hamilton, but he mentioned 2020. I don't think there is much in that, but hey, he'd not giving it up soon.

I am not going to mention his top in the video. I suspect it is some kind of joke.
Old 17 Dec 2017, 19:44 (Ref:3787740)   #260
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Appeared on BBC Sports personality of the year by video from USA. Didn’t mention Mercedes once although did mention Ferrari and wasn’t wearing team kit. He would do well to remember where he came from
Old 17 Dec 2017, 19:55 (Ref:3787741)   #261
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Stevenage?
Old 17 Dec 2017, 20:05 (Ref:3787746)   #262
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Stevenage?
Is that a area of Detroit?
Old 17 Dec 2017, 23:11 (Ref:3787777)   #263
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Didn’t mention Mercedes once although did mention Ferrari and wasn’t wearing team kit.
Must be contract negotiations time.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 00:01 (Ref:3787779)   #264
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Appeared on BBC Sports personality of the year by video from USA. Didn’t mention Mercedes once although did mention Ferrari and wasn’t wearing team kit. He would do well to remember where he came from
Was he "On Duty" for the team or was it a personal appearance?

Also if Mercedes are changing (lesser) sponsors in the new year then there wouldn't be new kit especially if those sponsors haven't been announced yet.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 00:26 (Ref:3787784)   #265
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
is it even in his contract to WEAR team kit during a team related appearance? i thought the whole point of his move to mercedes was to take control of his personal image and style, and mercedes were fine with that...
Old 18 Dec 2017, 04:17 (Ref:3787806)   #266
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I think marketing has become a little more subtle than a shirt with logos nowadays.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 05:15 (Ref:3787808)   #267
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Well the Lewis Hamilton brand has certainly got more exposure than Mercedes from this little appearance....
Old 18 Dec 2017, 06:28 (Ref:3787816)   #268
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
is it even in his contract to WEAR team kit during a team related appearance? i thought the whole point of his move to mercedes was to take control of his personal image and style, and mercedes were fine with that...
Exactly. I'm sure the contract between Merc and LH will detail when and where 'team kit' is required. But, it's another excuse for some to have a pop......
Old 18 Dec 2017, 06:30 (Ref:3787817)   #269
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
What an idiotic post

Tell me, how many other nominees were wearing branded team
Clothing during their interviews?
Old 18 Dec 2017, 12:47 (Ref:3787850)   #270
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's interesting that LH didn't get in the top 3. F1 drivers used to always win when they were champ. I guess he polarises opinion.

Fair play to Jonathan Rae, not often bikers get nominated let alone recognised, on line campaign or not.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 12:55 (Ref:3787852)   #271
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
It's interesting that LH didn't get in the top 3. F1 drivers used to always win when they were champ. I guess he polarises opinion.

Fair play to Jonathan Rae, not often bikers get nominated let alone recognised, on line campaign or not.
I guess it was a lot down to VAT and a plane....which would be somewhat ironic as a tax exile, living in America who didn’t turn up for the awards won.

Yeh good on Johnny Rea...he got my vote too
Old 18 Dec 2017, 14:31 (Ref:3787864)   #272
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Bearing mind the reach of the BBC and how much SPOTY is promoted by them across their channels and publications, for Mo Farah to win with a total of 83,000 votes doesn't seem a lot to me and shows perhaps there isn't actually a lot of interest in it now as an award?
Old 18 Dec 2017, 14:36 (Ref:3787867)   #273
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Bearing mind the reach of the BBC and how much SPOTY is promoted by them across their channels and publications, for Mo Farah to win with a total of 83,000 votes doesn't seem a lot to me and shows perhaps there isn't actually a lot of interest in it now as an award?
You have to take into consideration whether a lot of people actually saw the events over the year that the nominee had success in. Unless you have BT And Sky sports channels, the chances are you didn't.
Because of that, whilst SPOTY is still prestigious the BBC have become less relevant in sports.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 15:03 (Ref:3787874)   #274
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
It's not a programme I've watched for a few years and I can't remember when I did watch it last, who won. Mo Farah won with 83,524 votes. Jonathan Rea got 80,567, third place Jonnie Peacock got 73,429 votes. I take it that those are the public's votes?
Old 18 Dec 2017, 15:19 (Ref:3787876)   #275
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Yes - It would have been a travesty if Mo Farah did not win IMO.

As for Hamilton - I can hardly remember a single interview after a race win when he has not praised his team. Perhaps those on here slating him missed those dozens and dozens of interviews over the last few years?