Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 9 Jun 2008, 16:41 (Ref:2223910)   #1
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clyde Valley Racing - Take 2?

According to all the usual sites, CVR are planning their 2009 BTCC campaign, but this time with a pair of Leons - http://www.crash.net/motorsport/btcc...2009_btcc.html

The plans sound a little more concrete than last time, but time will tell...
Old 9 Jun 2008, 16:46 (Ref:2223916)   #2
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was just about to post this!

Looks a lot more convincing this time, no artists impression of the car but an actual photo of a car with sponsor and drivers (although Team 48 have shown that means nothing).
Old 9 Jun 2008, 17:11 (Ref:2223930)   #3
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bilimoria... I recall he was due to join Edenbridge back in 2003 (?) but for whatever reason the deal fell through. Peter Briggs occasionally comes onto these forums, maybe he can enlighten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristof14
Looks a lot more convincing this time, no artists impression of the car but an actual photo of a car with sponsor and drivers (although Team 48 have shown that means nothing).
Yes, but CVR have at least got (and named) their main sponsor! Cartridge World's ads have been focusing a lot on their green credentials so looks like a good fit with CVR's ethos.

Last edited by cos; 9 Jun 2008 at 17:17.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 17:44 (Ref:2223952)   #4
kristof14
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
Bilimoria... I recall he was due to join Edenbridge back in 2003 (?) but for whatever reason the deal fell through. Peter Briggs occasionally comes onto these forums, maybe he can enlighten?

Yes, but CVR have at least got (and named) their main sponsor! Cartridge World's ads have been focusing a lot on their green credentials so looks like a good fit with CVR's ethos.

I have no doubt that CVR will turn up I was just pointing out that we've had situations like this before and the team has never arrived.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 18:22 (Ref:2223991)   #5
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristof14
I have no doubt that CVR will turn up
I'm not sure I quite share that degree of confidence

It is encouraging that they have a main sponsor on board this early though - and are confident enough to announce the whole thing this early. Fingers crossed for them, I'll be less cynical once they've actually bought a car
Old 9 Jun 2008, 18:26 (Ref:2223992)   #6
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Thanks cos, I recall Bilimoria being a rumoured BTC-Production entry but couldn't remember which team it was for. I believe he was (still is?) a member here as well.

The pictures are too small to make out too much detail but it looks very much like a road-car mock-up. Given the team and driver's previous history I'm still a tad sceptic.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 19:03 (Ref:2224019)   #7
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At least theres a picture of everyone together. I hope they manage to put everything together and we see them in 2009.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 19:27 (Ref:2224046)   #8
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yep. At least this time they have a car (even though it is a mock up), 2 drivers on show, and perhaps most importantly, a sponsor in Cartridge World - and looking at their website they appear to be a good fit

Last edited by Alfa Fan; 9 Jun 2008 at 19:29.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 20:21 (Ref:2224095)   #9
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Let's hope this happens, I think it will - it's great that Dan Eaves is getting back in to the BTCC.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 21:28 (Ref:2224179)   #10
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Who are they? Why are they?

I try to keep abreast of all the people that come through Scottish racing but why are they based in Scotland?

I can think of two successful Scottish based race teams, Ecurie Ecosse and Scuderia Ecosse.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 22:29 (Ref:2224246)   #11
tin-top fan
Rookie

England
tin-top fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr
Who are they? Why are they?

I try to keep abreast of all the people that come through Scottish racing but why are they based in Scotland?

I can think of two successful Scottish based race teams, Ecurie Ecosse and Scuderia Ecosse.
Because the owner ( think he's called colin neal?) lives up there. The 'clyde valley' part of the team name is an area in scotland as well.
Old 9 Jun 2008, 23:18 (Ref:2224282)   #12
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin-top fan
Because the owner ( think he's called colin neal?) lives up there. The 'clyde valley' part of the team name is an area in scotland as well.

Who is Colin Neil? Where has he come from?
He isn't a regular at KH and from my memory has never raced or won in any championships with the SMRC. To name a few: Shedden, Kinch, Leslie (RIP , David), McNish, Coulthard, Franchitti x2, Roden all started in the SMRC and grew from there.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 01:28 (Ref:2224330)   #13
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr
He isn't a regular at KH and from my memory has never raced or won in any championships with the SMRC. To name a few: Shedden, Kinch, Leslie (RIP , David), McNish, Coulthard, Franchitti x2, Roden all started in the SMRC and grew from there.
I think Neill's background is in motocross, but a bit of googling reveals he has competed briefly in the SMRC, scoring a Class B win.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 02:02 (Ref:2224342)   #14
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
I think Neill's background is in motocross, but a bit of googling reveals he has competed briefly in the SMRC, scoring a Class B win.

Good Point well made! The reason why I probably hadn't noticed him is because he started and finished behind my Dad and in the 2005 season I didn't race at every meeting!
Old 10 Jun 2008, 06:17 (Ref:2224399)   #15
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
The pictures are too small to make out too much detail but it looks very much like a road-car mock-up. Given the team and driver's previous history I'm still a tad sceptic.

Correct, road car stickered up. You can tell by the driving lamps in the bumper and lack of wide body kit.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 06:43 (Ref:2224414)   #16
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But until they actually show up on the starting grid, what stops Cartridge World from being acquired by another company and the sponsorship money from disappearing again?
Old 10 Jun 2008, 14:42 (Ref:2224873)   #17
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A signed contract hopefully... You cannot take over a company and throw every deal that you don't like away. At least not at this side of the Northsea.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 19:15 (Ref:2225088)   #18
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its got better prospects than team 48..but thats not hard. It has a 40/60 chance of coming off but I would not be suprised if they only bring one car to start with. Good to see Eaves back as hes been desperate to pay back some olf favours to Team Dynamics for the way he was treated.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 19:35 (Ref:2225105)   #19
kristof14
Veteran

The sponsorship deal seems a lot more concrete, have seen a couple of trails, for cartridge world, around some programmes tonight, most of which seem to have a "green" message, definitely in keeping with CVRs determination to run more environmentaly friendly cars.
Old 11 Jun 2008, 15:52 (Ref:2225852)   #20
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby
Its got better prospects than team 48..
How do you work that one out?

Both announced what cars they were running even though neither have them!
Both announced their driver line-up!
Both announced they had a sponsor!

Team48 even made it to the MediaDay and was down as a registered entry!
Old 11 Jun 2008, 16:00 (Ref:2225867)   #21
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Down at the media day alright ... with a show car!
Old 11 Jun 2008, 16:38 (Ref:2225901)   #22
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team48 never announced a sponsor, whereas CVR have, which is definatly a good point, prooves they actually have one. I think this could come off for them. The only reason we see them as a joke is cos thier sponsor pulled out in 07. This time the sponsor seems pretty commited, I thik this might just happen.

It's got to, they've got team shirts and everything!!!
Old 11 Jun 2008, 19:00 (Ref:2226153)   #23
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice timing for their announcement in the 6 week gap between BTCC rounds. Not too sure about the green rims though on the mockups
Old 11 Jun 2008, 19:13 (Ref:2226174)   #24
kristof14
Veteran

Green wheels are horrible, having said that the WTCC cars run with orange
Old 11 Jun 2008, 23:07 (Ref:2226503)   #25
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well, I'd much rather have green rims on a Seat than Green body on an Alfa