Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Dec 2017, 19:50 (Ref:3785295)   #1
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FIA Hall of Fame

so i guess there is an official FIA F1 Hall of Fame now.

not sure whats in it other than all 33 world champs have been inducted into it and that its located in Paris.

some of the pics suggest that there are cars and helmets on display but whether or not these are permanent exhibits or just stuff on display for the celebration is unknown to me or whether or not the ceremony took place in the Hall itself or not.

https://www.fia.com/multimedia/image...e-inauguration

like the idea and hope they develop it into a proper F1 museum but more so hopefully they create something that is accessible to the public.

Old 6 Dec 2017, 11:29 (Ref:3785405)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well it seems they are following America by having their own hall of fame. Not a bad idea TBH
Old 6 Dec 2017, 19:09 (Ref:3785502)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if done right then for sure...the trick will be in convincing the teams to make their collection of cars and memorabilia available in one central location....which i suspect is much easier said then done.

and from the lack of responses in this thread, this might be one of those ideas that no one really cares too much about.

and this isnt really a sport where the previous ownership expressed much interest in curating its own history because frankly i dont think they ever saw enough money in it.

and with all of Liberty's talk about marketing and the future of the sport, i cant say i have ever heard them talk about promoting the history it now owns either.
Old 6 Dec 2017, 22:47 (Ref:3785540)   #4
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wonder does it include rally and sportscar champions? I saw Ari Vatenen in the pictures.
Old 6 Dec 2017, 22:57 (Ref:3785546)   #5
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I suppose it has a bit more credibility than Motorsport Magazine Hall of Fame!
Old 6 Dec 2017, 23:22 (Ref:3785548)   #6
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I wonder does it include rally and sportscar champions? I saw Ari Vatenen in the pictures.
Ari might have been there as an invitee, given his FIA involvement as President of the Estonian Autosport Union. Just a thought.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 05:12 (Ref:3785579)   #7
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where is Fangio's nephew? Or his son Oscar...
Old 7 Dec 2017, 16:45 (Ref:3785676)   #8
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
i believe i read that there are plans to expand it to cover other (FIA) categories as well. inducting the F1 championship drivers was just the first step.

i'll see if i can find that link again.
Old 8 Dec 2017, 07:21 (Ref:3785780)   #9
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Seems quite a few champs weren't in attendance!
Admittedly it would be a bit difficult for some...
Old 8 Dec 2017, 13:59 (Ref:3785836)   #10
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yes!

https://www.fia.com/news/f1-champion...pens-hall-fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Todt
This is the first stage of an ambitious project: the FIA Hall of Fame will soon expand to the FIA headquarters in Geneva, and other champions and other disciplines will be in the spotlight in the coming years. In this way we will celebrate all the FIA champions who have made, and who still make the history of motor sport so incredibly rich and inspiring
However, Geneva is a terrible place to celebrate motorsport. It should have been Milan (Monza?) or Barcelona.
Old 8 Dec 2017, 16:21 (Ref:3785869)   #11
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That’s where the FIA is based. I guess it is no longer based in Paris?
Old 8 Dec 2017, 21:03 (Ref:3785923)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
However, Geneva is a terrible place to celebrate motorsport. It should have been Milan (Monza?) or Barcelona.
Geneva is as good a place as any. IMHO. Milan is good for a Ferrari museum. Barcelona is a good place. However I prefer to visit Geneva.
Old 8 Dec 2017, 21:44 (Ref:3785934)   #13
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Geneva is nice, but not a major tourist spot. Milan and Barcelona have many more tourists.
Old 8 Dec 2017, 21:58 (Ref:3785936)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They should go London or Paris then, if we are sticking to Europe. I was then curious as to where is the most common travel destination and if we are not sticking to Europe then it seems Bangkok.

https://newsroom.mastercard.com/wp-c...dex-Report.pdf
Old 11 Dec 2017, 04:18 (Ref:3786216)   #15
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
They should go London or Paris then, if we are sticking to Europe. I was then curious as to where is the most common travel destination and if we are not sticking to Europe then it seems Bangkok.

https://newsroom.mastercard.com/wp-c...dex-Report.pdf
Bangkok would be easier for me.
Old 11 Dec 2017, 06:44 (Ref:3786228)   #16
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Geneva is as good a place as any. IMHO. Milan is good for a Ferrari museum. Barcelona is a good place. However I prefer to visit Geneva.
Other than motor racing is banned in Switzerland, how can the FIA put their headquarters in a country that does not allow their sport?
Old 11 Dec 2017, 08:48 (Ref:3786237)   #17
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Other than motor racing is banned in Switzerland, how can the FIA put their headquarters in a country that does not allow their sport?
That is scheduled to change in 2018 with the Formula E race in Zurich now confirmed.
http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2...o-switzerland/
Old 11 Dec 2017, 09:12 (Ref:3786242)   #18
S griffin
Veteran

I think it's only permitted for electric cars though
Old 11 Dec 2017, 11:11 (Ref:3786255)   #19
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I support the concept. I just wish they didn't mindlessly copy the American term.

We could have a Temple of...Brilliant People. "I've just been inducted into Motorsport's Temple of Brilliant People"...

Yeah, that sounds better.