Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Nov 2010, 10:34 (Ref:2791521)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Donington Historic Festival

Races to be added.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 08:39 (Ref:2823058)   #2
Ted Walker
Veteran

Ted Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DONINGTON FESTIVAL IN MAY

Understand that its now only 2 days not 3.What races have been chopped ????
Old 31 Jan 2011, 08:51 (Ref:2823062)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hi Ted, will merge this with the Calendar item.

Which two days? (Possibly an obvious question).
Old 31 Jan 2011, 09:36 (Ref:2823083)   #4
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
I have been told (through a reliable source) that no decission has been made with regards to the friday, it will be the 30th and the 1st for the cars, and then I believe the historic bikes will be there on the monday

Shame they didnt do the bikes on the saturday and the cars on the sunday and monday....wouldnt have been so hard on some drivers who want to do the 360

Sharp as marbles!
Old 31 Jan 2011, 09:46 (Ref:2823090)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
That would mean organisations working with each other Claire, perish the thought!
Old 31 Jan 2011, 09:50 (Ref:2823092)   #6
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
That would mean organisations working with each other Claire, perish the thought!
Well you know me...I love to stand on a soap box...but I have done this one to death really.

Anyway, looks like its just the sat and sun now Peter
Old 31 Jan 2011, 09:53 (Ref:2823093)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Blimey, they really did chose the right days then. I'll change the thread.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 09:56 (Ref:2823094)   #8
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Blimey, they really did chose the right days then. I'll change the thread.
No the right days would have been NOT clashing with 360!
Old 31 Jan 2011, 10:04 (Ref:2823096)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hmm,

You mised the syntax of the underlying metaphor in my previous post methinks.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 10:30 (Ref:2823112)   #10
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
It's too early on a Monday morning for words like metphor and syntax!
Old 31 Jan 2011, 10:35 (Ref:2823117)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I can assure you I wouldn't have used them unless I'd had a litre of coffee and my lunch. It's 13:30 here.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 10:40 (Ref:2823121)   #12
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
It's too early on a Monday morning for words like metphor and syntax!

Im from Essex.....Syntax is "what ya pays when you is bad bro"
Old 31 Jan 2011, 11:12 (Ref:2823143)   #13
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Im from Essex.....Syntax is "what ya pays when you is bad bro"
Groan
Old 31 Jan 2011, 11:17 (Ref:2823145)   #14
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
syntax! [/QUOTE]

Isn't that what brothels pay to HMRC?
Old 31 Jan 2011, 11:27 (Ref:2823147)   #15
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Please don't encourage her - It was only as a result of the recent TV 'documentary' called "The Only Way is Essex' that I began to understand what she was talking about!
Old 31 Jan 2011, 11:43 (Ref:2823161)   #16
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
Please don't encourage her - It was only as a result of the recent TV 'documentary' called "The Only Way is Essex' that I began to understand what she was talking about!
No John, that was because I turned your hearing aid up!
Old 31 Jan 2011, 16:14 (Ref:2823291)   #17
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No,no I better not,look's like your'e in trouble again John

This time,your'e on your own
Old 31 Jan 2011, 20:00 (Ref:2823438)   #18
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Press release out earlier today confirming the switch to 2 days.

Quote:
Originally conceived as a three-day festival, the Donington Historic now packs all the action into two – Saturday and Sunday, 30th April and 1st May. As Duncan Wiltshire explains, “Contrary to what many people have assumed, this is not because of a certain wedding that’s taking place on 29th April – but because we have been asked by North West Leicestershire District Council to amend the schedule of the 2011 event. The benefit for spectators, of course, is that there will be just as much action, but all within the two-day weekend.”
Old 4 Feb 2011, 09:23 (Ref:2825542)   #19
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Noise problems.

Nonsense

Local council gone mad.Do they want people to have jobs or not?

Completely screwed up our weekend.Can't now do Snet and Donny,bugger.
Old 4 Feb 2011, 09:48 (Ref:2825551)   #20
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can you expand on that a bit John? Which council? Are you saying that you are prevented from checking noise levels or that both meetings have too restricted noise limit regs for your cars?
Old 4 Feb 2011, 10:06 (Ref:2825560)   #21
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Noise problems.

Nonsense

Completely screwed up our weekend.Can't now do Snet and Donny,bugger.

Just do Snett then!
Old 4 Feb 2011, 11:17 (Ref:2825595)   #22
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And I've just had Chris Sharples on the phone answering my question for you, John. Issues at Donny, not yet resolved, apparently. So, as Claire says, you can still do Snet. We want you and your support there, please, JR.
Old 4 Feb 2011, 14:50 (Ref:2825699)   #23
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Noise problems.

Nonsense

Do you know that for sure?
Old 4 Feb 2011, 15:26 (Ref:2825718)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Apologies that this is once again, the Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...-festival.html

Looks like someone is turning the heat up on other established promoters.
Old 4 Feb 2011, 16:53 (Ref:2825787)   #25
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aside from the reduced number of days I note that the article refers to Donington being 'arguably the best spectator circuit in the country'. Obviously people will agree or disagree with such a statement but I wonder if anyone has an update on which spectator viewing areas are likely to be open for this event. I understand that Donington was very limited re spectator access last year - any progress do you think?

Gary