Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Dec 2016, 17:08 (Ref:3695309)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
SILVERSTONE CLASSIC MEDIA DAY

The date of 2017 media day doesn't show yet on The Classic website, but it's March 23rd according to the FJHRA. That seems a bit early....
Old 23 Mar 2017, 18:35 (Ref:3720951)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Silverstone Classic Media Day...........

Any tenthers there with cars, spectating, snapping?
Old 23 Mar 2017, 18:48 (Ref:3720953)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Nope for me this year .
Old 23 Mar 2017, 19:36 (Ref:3720962)   #4
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Giving it a miss this year.
Old 23 Mar 2017, 20:28 (Ref:3720977)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Well, it's been and gone now! I know bauble was there in an official capacity, just curious how well supported it was, being a lot earlier than previous years. Bit early for testing a car when event is 4 months away, despite it being free........
Old 23 Mar 2017, 22:14 (Ref:3721001)   #6
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What happened to my post with pictures?

I'll try again I'm the morning.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 09:06 (Ref:3721089)   #7
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought it was a fairly low key sort of a day, not a lot of great interest, the usual suspects with their usual cars. Very windy and the paddock was pretty empty after lunch, most have gone home early. I noticed this as I headed for my car.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2291.jpg   IMG_2288.jpg   IMG_2302.jpg  

IMG_2320.jpg   IMG_2298.jpg   IMG_2309.jpg  

Old 24 Mar 2017, 11:52 (Ref:3721132)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Have you got a job now Bob. Mr JET man.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 12:10 (Ref:3721138)   #9
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
After all the talk about Bob's shoes, wouldn't he need to be wearing his pumps for that?
Old 24 Mar 2017, 12:20 (Ref:3721141)   #10
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
After all the talk about Bob's shoes, wouldn't he need to be wearing his pumps for that?
Watch out for where he points his nozzle!
Old 24 Mar 2017, 12:30 (Ref:3721145)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
You're all very cruel!

So, why all the baby Fiats? Anyone know?

Do like the Yanks in the bottom pic.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 13:55 (Ref:3721171)   #12
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
You're all very cruel!

60th. Anniversary, Mike. Having a parade on the weekend of the Classic.

The Poseur is my friend Willie with his Fiat.

Elvis sang. "Don't be Cruel."

Jerry lee Lewis sang "Walk a Mile in My Shoes"

" .... before you abuse, walk a mile in my shoes..."
Old 24 Mar 2017, 13:58 (Ref:3721172)   #13
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Was it the big smile that gave me away Iain?

PS: I have started collecting for a Barbecue Raffle, so I hope you are planning to hold one this year.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 13:58 (Ref:3721173)   #14
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Very good Viv.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 14:00 (Ref:3721174)   #15
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Very good Viv.
**Blush**
That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me Baub, are you losing your touch?
Old 24 Mar 2017, 14:02 (Ref:3721175)   #16
bauble
Veteran

England
I was chatting to a friend who frequents this forum only occasionally, and he was puzzled as to comments about me having lost my shoes.

You really do need to keep up here, or you soon lose the plot.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 14:17 (Ref:3721183)   #17
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
You're all very cruel!

If you like Yanks, you should have been at the Arras show on Sunday, Mike.

A big part of the show is the 500-space car park reserved for classics & there were all sorts in there, various Mustang's, a couple of 50's pick-ups etc. Somebody stole the show by arriving late in a stunning black 1971 Buick Riviera. Looked a bit tasty under the bonnet too; I think the owner is a bit of an engine man as I think he is the same guy who arrived again late a couple of years ago with a replica GT40 which drew a crowd when he opened the engine cover. It said Holman & Moody on it...
Old 24 Mar 2017, 15:39 (Ref:3721209)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Ah, 60th for Fiat 500. Thought perhaps they were going to use them for VIP movement during the Classic!

Just had a de-brief with my HF1 neighbours. They reckoned quite busy in the morning, then after the lunchtime passenger rides it all went relatively dead...... Their two drivers almost didn't turn up- fog delaying their (heliocopter) departure from home! Cars survived and didn't break, so a sort of success......

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
If you like Yanks, you should have been at the Arras show on Sunday, Mike.
Some of the customs are 'growing on me', if done well. I've watched the odd episode of 'Counting Cars' recently!

There's a Classic dragster meeting at the Pod at the end of April, I think. Bet it clashes with Donington.....
Old 24 Mar 2017, 18:51 (Ref:3721238)   #19
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
I was chatting to a friend who frequents this forum only occasionally, and he was puzzled as to comments about me having lost my shoes.

You really do need to keep up here, or you soon lose the plot.
Or your shoes?
Old 24 Mar 2017, 19:32 (Ref:3721255)   #20
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Je ne veux pas passer pour un poseur Robert ou pire un impertinent
but your friend Willie doesn't own a "normal" Fiat 500. Not at all IMHO.
It seems it could be an ultra are Steyr Puch, possibly 650 T or even better/rarer 650 TR. Congrats to him for that !
Old 24 Mar 2017, 19:36 (Ref:3721257)   #21
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
**Blush**
That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me Baub, are you losing your touch?
Clearly you failed to notice my 'tag line'.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 19:44 (Ref:3721261)   #22
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Clearly you failed to notice my 'tag line'.
May be you failed finding the second meaning of "touch" !
Old 24 Mar 2017, 20:07 (Ref:3721266)   #23
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Willie's Steyr Puch (Chta Yer Pooorh for pedants!) could be a 500 not a 650 (soft top and not metal top). Could you please ask him Robert?
Old 24 Mar 2017, 20:30 (Ref:3721271)   #24
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Willie's Steyr Puch (Chta Yer Pooorh for pedants!) could be a 500 not a 650 (soft top and not metal top). Could you please ask him Robert?
Enquires have been initiated.

My grasp of Le Francais is not up to any alternative meaning of 'touch'.
Is it fit for a cultured gentilhomme such as my self?

Your previous reference to underwear makes me wonder just what sort of Mon Ami I have discovered in the EU.

Is it true that the French like to drink in brassieres?

La Baub.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 21:19 (Ref:3721277)   #25
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Je ne veux pas passer pour un poseur Robert ou pire un impertinent
but your friend Willie doesn't own a "normal" Fiat 500. Not at all IMHO.
It seems it could be an ultra are Steyr Puch, possibly 650 T or even better/rarer 650 TR. Congrats to him for that !
Gerard, you'll get to find that our dear friend is not always correct at identifying 'modern' cars (anything built after 1955 ). He is better with Morgans because they still look like they were made before 1955.....

That Steyr does look interesting, although the badge is a bit out of proportion!