Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 18 Sep 2011, 08:43 (Ref:2957526)   #1
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Glut of cookies on this board

Ten/tenths,

Recently, I've noticed that this board has not one, not two, but three or more cookies that download into my machine every time I come here, again every time I move between forums on the board, and even between threads
Tribal Fusion
Mookie
?skyscraper?
+++

I think and hope that these are all harmless marketing cookies, that the board has taken on in good faith for commercial reasons, to help pay the bills. Fair enough, but 10/10ths, my firewall and virus scanner just detects and deletes them. The only effect is to slow my access to the board. Is it really in your interests to allow such useless but annoying software on board?

John
Old 18 Sep 2011, 13:15 (Ref:2957617)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hi John,

In these days of internet paranoia you raise some interesting points regarding tracking cookies.

Far from being "useless and annoying", these advertising partners and their tracking cookies are essential to the future of Ten-Tenths.

The internet is far from "free", the web hosting bills for Ten-Tenths are four figures per year. Our advertisers place tracking cookies that allow them to track which adverts they have delivered to a user each time they visit the site. This allows them to do things like limit the adverts that are shown to the user each visit, stop duplication etc. Where an advertising partner can't place or retrieve a tracking cookie this may mean that they will deliver additional adverts to a user, or, even worse for Tenths, NOT deliver an advert.

At Tenths we make use of several advertising partners as well as our own "direct" advertising, thus the different names and sources of the cookies.

For anyone that feels strongly about websites using advertising we offer our "subscriber" options for £10 a year, which works out less than £0.03 per day, which allows the user to turn off all banner adverts.

Further details on subscriptions can be found here and users can sign up here.

I hope this explains why these cookies are delivered and clarifies the reasons for delivering them.

Grant.