Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Apr 2008, 18:05 (Ref:2191270)   #76
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
I obviously NEED to get out more!
I think the men in the white jackets would disagree with you mate !!!
Old 30 Apr 2008, 19:20 (Ref:2191322)   #77
m lewis
Rookie

m lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would just like to thank all those that posted in this thread. This will be my first year there and I'm lucky enough to be driving a P1 car! I read every post in this thread and it has brought back many memories on why I'm a racer and why it was so important for me to end up at Lemans. Like many of you here my minds eye takes me back to certain places, people and experiences that made me a lifelong racing junky. I've never had the opportunity to pursue racing fulltime, but I've been a fulltime fan since the age of 5 when my dad took me to my first races.

Great to see so many people here with a heartfelt passion for the sport and the incredible experience it provides. I may never get the opportunity to comeback but this will be the crowning acheivement of a 25 year journey thru the sport that started with IT sedans.

Cheers to you all!!
Old 30 Apr 2008, 19:30 (Ref:2191329)   #78
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Nice one Mike , Welcome to 10-10ths ..... the best of luck on your debut at the big one .

Maybe , after its all over , you would write a story for us of your thoughts and experiances of your debut .

I reckon you will be just like the rest of us (except we dont get to drive a nice car)..... in awe of the place , and once youve been bitten by the Le Mans animal ..... you will be back for more mate .

How can I explain it ..... its kinda like an addiction !!!

Cheers to you too

Last edited by The Badger; 30 Apr 2008 at 19:33.
Old 30 Apr 2008, 19:38 (Ref:2191333)   #79
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Hmmm you could be waiting quite a while for that!

I get what you all mean about the 'whole event' - the night time is best spent trackside but I know in future visits I'll have so much to try and see and do, I know I only experienced a fraction of it in my first ever visit last year.
Just keep going Martin ..... ive been going 17 years and I fully intend on going another 17 or hopefully more . Im thinking about a wheelchair with tracks on for getting around , when im old and decrepit !!!
Old 30 Apr 2008, 19:44 (Ref:2191339)   #80
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m lewis
I would just like to thank all those that posted in this thread. This will be my first year there and I'm lucky enough to be driving a P1 car! I read every post in this thread and it has brought back many memories on why I'm a racer and why it was so important for me to end up at Lemans. Like many of you here my minds eye takes me back to certain places, people and experiences that made me a lifelong racing junky. I've never had the opportunity to pursue racing fulltime, but I've been a fulltime fan since the age of 5 when my dad took me to my first races.

Great to see so many people here with a heartfelt passion for the sport and the incredible experience it provides. I may never get the opportunity to comeback but this will be the crowning acheivement of a 25 year journey thru the sport that started with IT sedans.

Cheers to you all!!

Mike, as a forum mod and self-confessed Le Mans nut, can I also welcome you to the forum here. Lovely to actually have a competitor posting among us. When you're out there at the parade before the start (assuming there is one this year) make sure you give a special wave to all the Tenthers in the various grandstands! We'll look out for you too!
Old 30 Apr 2008, 19:59 (Ref:2191359)   #81
m lewis
Rookie

m lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the good thoughts guys. I will try and get back to you with my impressions. I sure hope there's a parade, I've heard a lot about it! definitely a big shout out to the tenthers out there. Its not every board where a driver can safely wander thru...
keep the faith
Old 30 Apr 2008, 19:59 (Ref:2191360)   #82
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m lewis
This will be my first year there and I'm lucky enough to be driving a P1 car!
What a way to make a debut...
Old 30 Apr 2008, 21:27 (Ref:2191404)   #83
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedchillsnick
No C9/89 he'll recognise you from the large blue t-shirt that we will all be in advertising a certian members bar, nothing like a bit of free promotion when we are out and about lol. mite tag along for that stroll if u dont mind mate i definatley didnt get out much last year.
It would be a pleasure mate! I have made myself a promise to do alot more race watching and getting out of the site this year, me and Neil have a flyer idea that will help with the signing in! Any ideas for what to put on it would be greatfully accepted! Just PM me!
Old 1 May 2008, 08:09 (Ref:2191642)   #84
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Nice one Mike , Welcome to 10-10ths ..... the best of luck on your debut at the big one .

Maybe , after its all over , you would write a story for us of your thoughts and experiances of your debut .

I reckon you will be just like the rest of us (except we dont get to drive a nice car)..... in awe of the place , and once youve been bitten by the Le Mans animal ..... you will be back for more mate .

How can I explain it ..... its kinda like an addiction !!!

Cheers to you too
Addiction is the word, Badger.

I produce a "handbook" for all newbies in our party in which I describe what goes on and what they can expect. (It's called "Le Mansual" - yes I know.....)

The final sentence reads: "Be warned, the middle weekend in June may never be the same again!"
Old 1 May 2008, 08:42 (Ref:2191665)   #85
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I think addiction is to mild a word, If you think of the time, money and effort I have put into this annual pilgrimage over the last 24 years, obsession is probably closer. Still as long as there is breath in my body and cars are still allowed to race I will be there.
Old 3 May 2008, 13:06 (Ref:2193175)   #86
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
"Be warned, the middle weekend in June may never be the same again!"

LOL,good one Le Vieux !

@m lewis,

Great to welcome a Le Mans participant amongst us. I hope you'll do well during the race.