Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Nov 2005, 13:57 (Ref:1462289)   #51
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscarsRULE
I remember posting (on the ALMS board) what I heard a guy from the Zytek team say on the broadcast. It was something like "I hear they were gunning for us...". I believe I said "now that's a little much ". I took what the guy from Zytek said as he believed Audi was trying to take them out, not that I thought Audi was trying to take Zytek out. Still a little much, but not as bad as saying Audi was aiming to wreck the Zytek.

I think this is a case of mis-understanding of an English way of saying things.

"out to get" is more likely that everyone is out to beat them, rather than trying to destroy them. "Gunning for us" is the same.

I'd hardly believe that anyone would want to purposely destroy someone. Least of all a factory team...
Old 16 Nov 2005, 15:11 (Ref:1462325)   #52
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got to go with Tom on this one, those comments from "sources" are totally from left-field and I'd be interested to know who his "sources" are and where they got their information from.
Old 16 Nov 2005, 16:09 (Ref:1462358)   #53
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vs346
Is it just me or is it odd that we have yet to see anything on the R10 or the new Lola that Dyson will be racing. I guess I don't remember the last time a big prototype was launched. It just seems it would have been finalised by now, i.e. Essen.
The Lola was crash tested yesterday (and passed.) There are pictures of it, in the windtunnel, at Dailysportscar.
Old 18 Nov 2005, 10:45 (Ref:1463958)   #54
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard that the boss of VW came over to the UK, the brits got him pi55ed and let slip that the R10 has been testing for the past 2 years, and its 2 secs a lap faster than the R8, no I dont know where it was tested
Old 18 Nov 2005, 15:03 (Ref:1464165)   #55
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd think that Audi have been having a development R8 chassis with and R10 motor in it pounding around for the better part of a year, at least. The rumour of them going diesel has been out for at least that long, so if they were/are going to do it, they'd be clocking development up as much as possible.

I would also think that the cancellation of the Audi DTM press conference has also got something to do with whatever they're mainstream plans are for 06/07 and beyond.
Old 18 Nov 2005, 15:56 (Ref:1464203)   #56
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty
I heard that the boss of VW came over to the UK, the brits got him pi55ed and let slip that the R10 has been testing for the past 2 years, and its 2 secs a lap faster than the R8, no I dont know where it was tested
which R8 .. the restricted R8 of 2005 .. ??? . well then 2 seconds is not that much . it was over 2 seconds slower than the Pesca cars IIRC .. but still probably still with better reliability

Ciao Marco
Old 18 Nov 2005, 16:03 (Ref:1464210)   #57
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So the VAG boss got drunk and started telling secrets about the R10? And which source is that from? Johnnie Walker, or Jack Daniel's??!

Old 18 Nov 2005, 16:28 (Ref:1464226)   #58
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
So the VAG boss got drunk and started telling secrets about the R10? And which source is that from? Johnnie Walker, or Jack Daniel's??!

lol - He kinda gave a hint away when he ordered a pint of diesel by mistake
Old 18 Nov 2005, 16:49 (Ref:1464250)   #59
mgrs
Rookie

Wales
mgrs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its no secret in the paddock that Taurus Racing's "Cat" Lola was an audi diesel engine.
Old 18 Nov 2005, 17:19 (Ref:1464272)   #60
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrs
Its no secret in the paddock that Taurus Racing's "Cat" Lola was an audi diesel engine.
No, a standard V10 TDI out of a VW Touareg.

The Audi racing TDI is rumored to be a purpose built 5.5 V12 diesel engine.
Old 18 Nov 2005, 18:07 (Ref:1464317)   #61
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wonder if the quesion marks over the DTM program could open the door for an increased Audi presence in the ALMS.

Maybe two R10s from Sebring onwards?
Old 19 Nov 2005, 10:17 (Ref:1464820)   #62
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If this bl**dy car is out there then lets see something, even if just a confirmation from Audi that it is coming.....................at the moment it seems as it if is all fart and no sh*t!!!!!!
Old 19 Nov 2005, 11:59 (Ref:1464856)   #63
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s
If this bl**dy car is out there then lets see something, even if just a confirmation from Audi that it is coming.....................at the moment it seems as it if is all fart and no sh*t!!!!!!

Send Audi an e-mail...I'm sure that they would want to consult with you to get your extensive expertise before unveiling the new car...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 19 Nov 2005, 15:31 (Ref:1464944)   #64
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

The VAG boss was a guest an a Formula plmer Audi corporate event in the UK, my information comes from someone who works for FPA and was there when he said it......not jack daniels .......the R10 has been testing for the past 2 years.....not a bodged R8......its ready to go, as I'm sure we will all see in early 06 at sebring.......if audi do not want people to see the R10, rest assured you will not see or hear of it un till they want you to
Old 19 Nov 2005, 17:20 (Ref:1464993)   #65
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Zytek will likely have a new LMP1 fro the 2006 LMS season.

As far as I know they've not even started construction yet!
Old 19 Nov 2005, 18:31 (Ref:1465034)   #66
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

We had a talk with one of the AUDI works drivers in 2003 (!) and at this point the AUDI LMP1 was constructed and they had some important problems like "the car must not only fast, it must look good and currently our engineers are working on the design"

I think tthat are problems most of the manufacturers want to have...
Old 19 Nov 2005, 19:13 (Ref:1465066)   #67
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
car has been running for two years and is a diesel.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1465168)   #68
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Why are you so angry about this?
Old 19 Nov 2005, 21:58 (Ref:1465171)   #69
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by panoz.lmp1
We had a talk with one of the AUDI works drivers in 2003 (!) and at this point the AUDI LMP1 was constructed and they had some important problems like "the car must not only fast, it must look good and currently our engineers are working on the design"

I think tthat are problems most of the manufacturers want to have...
simple . make it a close top one
hmmm. R8C =P~

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Nov 2005, 04:44 (Ref:1465349)   #70
Cadete
Racer

Cadete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
car has been running for two years and is a diesel.

I guess there's no chance that the car will be anything less than perfectly reliable then.

Two years.... were the LMP1 and diesel rules set in stone back then?
Old 20 Nov 2005, 16:14 (Ref:1465653)   #71
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadete
I guess there's no chance that the car will be anything less than perfectly reliable then.

Two years.... were the LMP1 and diesel rules set in stone back then?
From what I recall, LMP1 and LMP2 rules are from the 2004 rulebook which would ahve been out sometime in 2003. The grandfathering and hybridization has just put off the eventual switch to the new cars. When 2007 comes along, and there are no more P900/P675 hybrids around (except for maybe the ALMS ) things will begin to get a little clearer in the Prototype world. I just wonder how long we can stick with that package before the ACO decides to screw the pooch again. (oh, don't get me wrong, the changes have proven needed to keep the cars on the ground), I just wish that the transition had taken place a little more quickly. Some of the changes were so drastic, that it made it quite impracticle to update most cars to LMP1/2 specs, which means buy new cars, which means you can't do it overnight. I am very surprized that it has taken so long for the new cars to be built though.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 17:25 (Ref:1465721)   #72
JAG
Veteran

England
' I am very surprized that it has taken so long for the new cars to be built though.'

But in the end its probably been for the best, teams have had time to make the correct decisions, and manufactuers have had the time to design a good car.

Hopefully there'll be no repeats of uncompetitive customers cars as we saw with the early Lola, Reynard and Riley LMP900s.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 18:37 (Ref:1465787)   #73
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Zytek will likely have a new LMP1 fro the 2006 LMS season.

As far as I know they've not even started construction yet!
As least they have confirmed that something new is on the way....
Old 20 Nov 2005, 22:22 (Ref:1465954)   #74
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Or perhaps Audi have confirmed it but just not to you?

Careful what you ask for, you might just get it!! You won't have to wait much longer!!!
Old 21 Nov 2005, 12:10 (Ref:1466409)   #75
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well it looks like we are only going to have to wait until the December 13th. I have just seen on DSC that Audi will revealed there new prototype in Paris, only 22 days to wait now folks.