Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12 Mar 2017, 12:02 (Ref:3718162)   #11
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob877 View Post
They talk of introducing a 'ladder'. I really don't see the point in that, I'd rather see lots of strong national series and no world series than the other way round. I just don't think there is enough money floating around to sustain healthy national championships and a healthy world championship. I'd hate to see the FIA get involved in any of the 'big four' national touring car series (V8s, BTCC, DTM and Argentina S2000 IMO of course). As alluded to earlier in the thread they seem to have a real knack of destroying healthy series.
I agree with this.

A ladder system makes sense if you can move up from national series to an international serie where drivers are getting paid. But there isn't a series like that.

Currently I don't see the need for FIA involvement in touring car racing. If they would have invented TCR it would be different. There's TCR for national and regional series and the countries with their own successful series have their own technical rules and don't need FIA. FIA should stay away from these series.