Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 Apr 2017, 07:13 (Ref:3728115)   #17
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I can (almost) understand why MG haven't turned up for the Thruxton testing as they are apparently hardly flush with budget, but for the BMR Subaru's not to bother must indicate some deep down sort of problem I would say (or the most extreme example of sand-bagging in the history of motorsport!).
They've been well off the pace in the first two rounds (discarding Ash Sutton's freak showings last weekend) which is said to be due to a rule change that was forced onto them 'just before the first race'.
As well as the COG adjustment, the series is running new, wider tyres which they obviously have little experience of/data gained from, and then finally, Thruxton's unique abrasive track surface is different to anywhere else where they will be racing.
I'm sure that this will all come out in the wash, but they're being extremely quiet at the moment and I'm beginning to wonder if they're just going to disappear without trace before too long...