Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 1 Apr 2011, 18:23 (Ref:2856996)   #26
RTH
Racer

RTH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the excess of tartan all over and being ever present in front of the cameras in the present pit lane does not do him any favours.
.........and he and his son were given our booked table right in front of us in the Donington Thistle restaurant in 1990, which was less than pleasing at the time! However he has a great record and has done a lot of good and had a lot of major family health issues including himself to deal with in recent years.
Old 21 Aug 2011, 22:42 (Ref:2943859)   #27
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being repeated on BBC2 right now.
Old 11 Jul 2012, 12:09 (Ref:3105061)   #28
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Saw this was on Iplayer the other day! I am talking about the Le Mans show, not Killer Years which I thought was absolutely spot on and a real credit to the people involved.

In the show about "the race", for a start the voiceover guy persists in calling the german team Mercedes instead of Mercedes-Benz, a tiny issue but one easily fixed.

Then the real howler, calling Le Mans the biggest circuit in the world. I mean come on, it's not even permanent. The Ring is longer and been the same way for 80 odd years and its a track full time.

I do wonder sometimes how these people get their research put together. I am no fan, but surely such an oddly sensitive race should be researched a little better. And for someone who has written for the national press, oversights like this would mean you never get work again!!
Old 11 Jul 2012, 16:25 (Ref:3105211)   #29
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Saw this was on Iplayer the other day! I am talking about the Le Mans show, not Killer Years which I thought was absolutely spot on and a real credit to the people involved.

In the show about "the race", for a start the voiceover guy persists in calling the german team Mercedes instead of Mercedes-Benz, a tiny issue but one easily fixed.

Then the real howler, calling Le Mans the biggest circuit in the world. I mean come on, it's not even permanent. The Ring is longer and been the same way for 80 odd years and its a track full time.

I do wonder sometimes how these people get their research put together. I am no fan, but surely such an oddly sensitive race should be researched a little better. And for someone who has written for the national press, oversights like this would mean you never get work again!!
'Big' could easily mean stature rather than length.

Also television, even high brow, exhaustingly researched television, always is a little cheeky with the facts or details for the purposes of brevity or dramatic effect. It's the nature of the medium.

It's been awhile since I've seen that LeMans doc but it was by no means negligent. They should be making more of these fine programs.