Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give the Grand Prix?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 2 3.39%
7 9 15.25%
6 12 20.34%
5 18 30.51%
4 5 8.47%
3 6 10.17%
2 3 5.08%
1 4 6.78%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Apr 2015, 09:47 (Ref:3526382)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Chinese Grand Prix 2015

What score do you give the Grand Prix?
Old 12 Apr 2015, 09:52 (Ref:3526384)   #2
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd give it a solid 7. Not quite as good as Sepang - but it had its moments. Okay - Mercedes had it in the bag - but at least with Lewis not going flat out, it sort of adding to the tension with Nico and Vettel. There were some decent battles down the field - Button and Perez, Button and Maldonando - until it went bad, Max was superb and Danny Boy pulled some good moves in that dog of a Red Bull. Not a classic race - but some decent action.
Old 12 Apr 2015, 11:01 (Ref:3526426)   #3
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Battles happened in the race, the one from Ricciardo & Ericsson, Button & Maldonado and Verstappen & Pérez.
Old 12 Apr 2015, 13:34 (Ref:3526526)   #4
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I took away a sweet and sour chinese experience.
Old 12 Apr 2015, 13:41 (Ref:3526530)   #5
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
7. Pretty good race for someone just trying to kill some time off work by watching Formula Bernie waiting for the WEC. Good battles, nice to see Ferrari continue their good streak. (although wish it was Kimi Raikkonen instead of Finger man) What is up with Red Bull and even more so McLaren Honda?
Old 12 Apr 2015, 14:12 (Ref:3526548)   #6
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any F1 race I fall asleep while viewing never gets higher than a 5.

Old 12 Apr 2015, 14:14 (Ref:3526551)   #7
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A Five. Would have rated it lower, but found the attempts to move the STR behind the wall entertaining.

I think what helped save the race from a TV viewer perspective is that they showed more of the battles deep in the field that likely happens on a regular basis, but they just never show.

Richard
Old 12 Apr 2015, 14:33 (Ref:3526557)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was one of the most tedious races I've seen for a while and found myself getting distracted. However, Max Verstappen never ceases to amaze and a great but short lived battle between Button and Maldonado, otherwise that was it for me, apart from the Chinese track marshalls battling to get Vertappen's smoking STR, through the gate in the pit wall under a full course yellow. 3.
Old 12 Apr 2015, 14:52 (Ref:3526568)   #9
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some good moments provided by Maldonado, JB and Verstappen. And, of course, those marshals. If the battle for the lead was as good as the battle for 7th, all of the races would be mega. But it really wasn't. A generous 7.
Old 12 Apr 2015, 16:31 (Ref:3526613)   #10
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I often feel I've watched a different race from some of you......tedious?????

I know I only saw the Beeb highlights, but there were battles throughout the field. Ok no close fight for the lead, although an interesting tactical game being played. Shame about the SC finish but it didn't influence the race outcome - shame for Verstappen, of course - he'd done a good job!

Kimi seemed to be reasonably awake, and his "blue-flag" moans were entertaining
Old 12 Apr 2015, 17:13 (Ref:3526667)   #11
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I often feel I've watched a different race from some of you......tedious?????

I know I only saw the Beeb highlights, but there were battles throughout the field. Ok no close fight for the lead, although an interesting tactical game being played. Shame about the SC finish but it didn't influence the race outcome - shame for Verstappen, of course - he'd done a good job!

Kimi seemed to be reasonably awake, and his "blue-flag" moans were entertaining
There's your difference

Selby
Old 12 Apr 2015, 17:13 (Ref:3526668)   #12
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5/10

The comical attempt to remove Verstappen's stranded Toro Rosso was among the highlights, though there was also some good battling further down the order and a surprising error of judgement from Jenson Button.

For the top six positions though there never looked much doubt as to which order they'd finish in. I appreciated Kimi's attempts to chase down Vettel but Rosberg continues to be clear second best to Hamilton.
Old 13 Apr 2015, 04:10 (Ref:3526858)   #13
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5 for me. Too many commercials, blew the coverage of Kvyat's melt down big time.
Old 13 Apr 2015, 07:00 (Ref:3526894)   #14
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I gave it a 5, at least I managed to see it live via Atenna 3 on my laptop so didn't waste time later, saying that I did watch the Moto GP that was more interesting !!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 13 Apr 2015, 07:07 (Ref:3526898)   #15
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought it was poor, enlivened only by JB's combative spirit but then I, too, only saw the Beebs Highlights
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 13 Apr 2015, 08:12 (Ref:3526930)   #16
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very poor, the odd battle near the back but nothing near the front.

Old 13 Apr 2015, 10:58 (Ref:3526975)   #17
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I watched the BBC highlights last night, the race was largely uneventful but I can't comment on the end of the race as I'd dozed off.
Old 13 Apr 2015, 11:04 (Ref:3526976)   #18
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
3. Very little happened and as usual the drama seems to be off track with the Mercedes drivers not getting on. The low level of excitement in this race was made more obvious by the excellent ELMS, WEC and even Blancpain races the same weekend.
Old 13 Apr 2015, 13:01 (Ref:3527020)   #19
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Gave it a very generous 7 purely on the passing efforts of one Max Verstappen! Great work!

Most exciting talent we have seen in a long long time.
Old 13 Apr 2015, 15:16 (Ref:3527079)   #20
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
4. mainly because i stayed up late to watch it but still felt that it was below average.

some good things and some nice battles further down but that only magnified the problems and lack of action at the so called sharp end of the grid.
Old 13 Apr 2015, 17:12 (Ref:3527119)   #21
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I gave it a six. Although no change materialised among the top three, there was always the possibility, particularly between Vettel and Rosberg. The race director also focused on the right battles when not much was happening elsewhere, such as the one between Button, Maldonado and Alonso.

There was also good wheel-to-wheel stuff, particularly round the long Turn 1. Ericsson and Ricciardo was a highlight.
Old 14 Apr 2015, 01:28 (Ref:3527255)   #22
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Meh. 5.
Old 14 Apr 2015, 01:34 (Ref:3527256)   #23
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I gave it a 3. F1 is getting beyond boring.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 14 Apr 2015, 07:25 (Ref:3527290)   #24
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I just don't care for this race track .....
Old 14 Apr 2015, 18:41 (Ref:3527465)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I just don't care for this race track .....
Neither do I and afaic, the Chinese GP is one example of what's wrong with F1.