Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Sep 2009, 20:38 (Ref:2542390)   #251
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh yes we will Gregor!!!!!
On behalf of the Dutch Healey Racers (i pay) I would like to invite all 10 10ers who are at spa 6h for a drink at our festival tent on top of the f1 pit building close to la Source, just after the six hours practice 18,30h. I even might have a car on display remembering the Barnet Motor Company days
I have some perfect barrels draft of premium quality for you guys to oil matters
Old 16 Sep 2009, 20:50 (Ref:2542394)   #252
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper View Post
I have some perfect barrels draft of premium quality for you guys to oil matters
I'll get a barrel down next year that's a promise ! proper stuff not the old fizz.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Sep 2009, 20:57 (Ref:2542398)   #253
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Thats why its such a shame you are not coming, just to provide us with a perfect ale!
Old 16 Sep 2009, 21:09 (Ref:2542406)   #254
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got any wine as well?
Old 16 Sep 2009, 21:25 (Ref:2542422)   #255
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V View Post
Got any wine as well?
you know me (I drink ale or wine) but for you there is Tea . I'll ask Iain how to do it , but hopefully he is at Spa 6h to provide tea in his well known Delta mugs!! (Biotopes par excellence)
Old 16 Sep 2009, 22:14 (Ref:2542448)   #256
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Barnet Motor Co, I remember it well living not far from there and also having a garage business in Barnet back then. I always remember I was up in front of the beak once for some motoring offence or other and the boss of that company case was being heard in front of mine, when he was called up the lady magistrate stood up and told the court she would have to stand down as she personally new the defendant! Was it John Brittain I can't quite remember sold TVR's I think?
Old 17 Sep 2009, 00:27 (Ref:2542499)   #257
wolf sun
Racer

Germany
Frankfurt-sur-le-Main
wolf sun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry folks, not intending to spam this thread with pictures, but couldn't resist this one.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 01:16 (Ref:2542518)   #258
wolf sun
Racer

Germany
Frankfurt-sur-le-Main
wolf sun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Errm...and this one

Old 17 Sep 2009, 05:21 (Ref:2542581)   #259
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The power of this Forum!
Ted and the Ferrets are at Spa.
Will the Rivet Counters follow?
Can we expect them at LMC and other races now they have a scout tent to meet.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 05:55 (Ref:2542589)   #260
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who are Ted and the Ferrets? Who are the Rivet Counters?

Who was it banging on about nicknames in another thread?
Old 17 Sep 2009, 06:06 (Ref:2542591)   #261
Mike Sweeney
Rookie

Mike Sweeney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Barnet Motor Co, I remember it well living not far from there and also having a garage business in Barnet back then. I always remember I was up in front of the beak once for some motoring offence or other and the boss of that company case was being heard in front of mine, when he was called up the lady magistrate stood up and told the court she would have to stand down as she personally new the defendant! Was it John Brittain I can't quite remember sold TVR's I think?
John Britten. He primarily sold/repaired/raced Morgans - from memory, and probably some TVRs too. Again from memory, think after him it got bought by TVR and was their sales outlet for the south, before being bought by Giles Cooper who had it for millions of years as The TVR Centre. It's probably still going now...
Old 17 Sep 2009, 06:20 (Ref:2542595)   #262
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Ted and Ferret-They are not nicknames but actual names of an important person and company in Historic Motor Racing circles.The No 1 Historic Photo organisation.
Thought you had your finger on the pulse Peter?Gregor knows and Simon and I pay homage to the chief meeting place at all major historic motor for all the Superior Rivet Counters.
Didn't John Britten build Arkley's.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 06:22 (Ref:2542596)   #263
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Who are Ted and the Ferrets? Who are the Rivet Counters?

Who was it banging on about nicknames in another thread?
MMm. Ted and the Ferrets? If that means hunting rabbits? John probably means how we just try to destabilize the competition by feeding them drunk the night before the race . Ferrethunting? Its just a fantasy
Old 17 Sep 2009, 06:24 (Ref:2542599)   #264
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

John Britten.Did he not do thouse superb ads (essays)in Motor Sport preceeding the Tim Dutton(and Alan Bennet) monologs about cars and the world in general.The Ferret followers would know.
We will ask Ted Walker at Spa.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 06:28 (Ref:2542601)   #265
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Will only take Pre Wars to Spa as keeping 904 for Ness and Flav race in South of France next month.Hopefully the indeterminate GT 40 will vanish in the next week so we don't get roped in to running it in 6 hrs
Old 17 Sep 2009, 06:44 (Ref:2542605)   #266
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Ted and Ferret-They are not nicknames but actual names of an important person and company in Historic Motor Racing circles.The No 1 Historic Photo organisation. Thought you had your finger on the pulse Peter?
Only the really important pulses so clearly I don't need to know. And I still don't.

Quote:
Gregor knows and Simon and I pay homage to the chief meeting place at all major historic motor for all the Superior Rivet Counters.
Didn't John Britten build Arkley's.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 06:54 (Ref:2542609)   #267
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Peter You have to read the Spa thread on other place to get it and yes Ferret Photos are the No 1 Historic Photo Supplier and have an outlet with boss Ted Walker at all major UK Historic Meetings Goodwood,Silverstone Festival and Prescot.
Does that explain it.
New thread -Important pulses in Uk Historic Racing,I know,Ron,Christopher,Simon.....
Old 17 Sep 2009, 07:02 (Ref:2542613)   #268
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I was thinking Ted Walker but the rivet counters etc. threw me. Thanks.

Haven't been to the "dark side" for a while.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 07:14 (Ref:2542619)   #269
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ted does post (in his own name) on this site occasionally, on the Motorsport History and Chassis History Archive forums.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 07:26 (Ref:2542623)   #270
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
FErret was the sourse of all my decent Willment Photos, top stuff. I should also visit re the Rochdale I suppose

we've cancelled Spa this year as I think I've already said, I'm just rebooking the Chunnel for Dijon next June instead . . . and hopefully a bit of LMC if JR needs us.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 07:35 (Ref:2542628)   #271
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

JR needs you two superstars!
Old 17 Sep 2009, 07:58 (Ref:2542642)   #272
Mike Sweeney
Rookie

Quote:
Will only take Pre Wars to Spa as keeping 904 for Ness and Flav race in South of France next month.Hopefully the indeterminate GT 40 will vanish in the next week so we don't get roped in to running it in 6 hrs
What event is Ness and Flav race?
Old 17 Sep 2009, 08:07 (Ref:2542648)   #273
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

I have no idea what they call the series but it's run by Vanessa and Flavian Marcais.Many on here have entered and they are good people.I was going to include circuit but don't know how to spell Nogerio or something like that.Not sure about Algarve trip.Organisers are paying per car turning up not per grid so may be its being talked up?back to Spa.Is there a 10/10ths barbecue or something on Friday night?Understand Iaiiin is down the road.No Legends dinner this year .A bit or do in Tower on old pit straight instead
Old 17 Sep 2009, 08:14 (Ref:2542650)   #274
Mike Sweeney
Rookie

Ok, thanks. Nogaro..handy if bullfighting is ones' preference for evening entertainment..
Old 17 Sep 2009, 08:18 (Ref:2542653)   #275
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper View Post
oh yes we will Gregor!!!!!
On behalf of the Dutch Healey Racers (i pay) I would like to invite all 10 10ers who are at spa 6h for a drink at our festival tent on top of the f1 pit building close to la Source, just after the six hours practice 18,30h. I even might have a car on display remembering the Barnet Motor Company days
Quote:
Is there a 10/10ths barbecue or something on Friday night?Understand Iaiiin is down the road.No Legends dinner this year .A bit or do in Tower on old pit straight instead
See above.