Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Aug 2009, 11:59 (Ref:2516083)   #101
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
if the other weekends queues on the M20 where anything to go by it was simply a case of computers says no.

money man will always say yes.
Old 8 Aug 2009, 20:53 (Ref:2518078)   #102
Highworth
Rookie

England
Wiltshire
Highworth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC (closed wheel) entry forms rec'd today - contrary to previous indication of a 1hr race, looks like quali fri 14.55, and two 30 min races, sat 9.55 and sunday 14.20
Old 11 Aug 2009, 09:47 (Ref:2519443)   #103
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fed-Ex envelopes should start to arrive in the very near future
Old 12 Aug 2009, 15:47 (Ref:2520288)   #104
provapr
Rookie

provapr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear all,

Please be gentle with me - not used to posting on Ten-Tenths. Feel I'm in very hallowed company!

Anyway, Terry B suggested I post this question here. Am looking, at the 11th hour, for a drive in the Six Hours. Does anyone know of anything? Would be great to find a seat - I will be there anyway for the Masters race. If so, please get in touch via the PM facility. Economically-challenged type budget available!

Many thanks.

With kind regards,

Richard Postins
Old 12 Aug 2009, 15:58 (Ref:2520295)   #105
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nothing hallowed about this lot, Richard ..... and the more the merrier, so please stick around!
Old 12 Aug 2009, 16:08 (Ref:2520306)   #106
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quite right John,mine slipped many years ago.
Old 12 Aug 2009, 16:22 (Ref:2520319)   #107
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Richard, form an orderly queue please, or should that be join the dissorderly queue?

I'v sent off my entry for the HSCC double header, looks like fun, and excellent value.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 11:19 (Ref:2520741)   #108
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
They are not filling it with correct cars at present.As a rule of thumb any Jag/Cobra that breaks 2 53 in Spa form is probably bent.That includes using the best drivers.
Should let 2 litre Sports Racers back and impose 4.7 litre actual limit.OK course capacities need to be checked but none of the organisers want to do that.
No Iso Grifo's allowed then John.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 14:37 (Ref:2520856)   #109
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Get round that problem by having cars by invitation as some of the other organisers do.Let in Iso and I assume Bitzas.
Best of luck when you are messing with the cars this year.Same suspects as last year etc ,etc,
Old 13 Aug 2009, 14:48 (Ref:2520858)   #110
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
shame that the second leg of the HSCC race is so late on Sunday as it rules it out for me unless Terry does the second race, I reckon its Cloth Cap and WSM and 6 Hour for me... the 6 hour is always going to be an imperfect but excellant race unless as JR suggests it is invitation only.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 15:11 (Ref:2520860)   #111
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looking at the provisional timings, I get Sunday to drink beer and enjoy the event. Bugger!
Old 13 Aug 2009, 16:26 (Ref:2520884)   #112
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
IF the B survives the 6Hr,looks like I've got another one to do on Sunday.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 16:29 (Ref:2520886)   #113
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Looking at the provisional timings, I get Sunday to drink beer and enjoy the event. Bugger!
Where's the provisional timings? Without looking at them I get all weekend to drink beer and enjoy the event.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 16:46 (Ref:2520900)   #114
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
IF the B survives the 6Hr,looks like I've got another one to do on Sunday.
If?

Tim,

http://www.themastersseries.com/reso..._Timetable.pdf
Old 13 Aug 2009, 17:58 (Ref:2520936)   #115
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Its mechanical,so its always IF.EVERYTHING will be done to try for a finish.
Old 13 Aug 2009, 20:31 (Ref:2521005)   #116
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the amount of spare parts that grow at Spa, it can't be a problem. I know that the stuff grows a lot on my post.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 13:29 (Ref:2521855)   #117
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I notice there's a session of untimed practice on the Thursday, included in the entry fee, very useful. Got to sort the final deets out but I aim to land at LHR on the Weds morning, stock up with Red Bull and be at Spa by Thursday morning.

I see Simon is in one of those awful V8 thingies again.
Old 15 Aug 2009, 18:26 (Ref:2521966)   #118
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am looking forward and as its end of season being quite self indulgent and doing a few races but given its Goodwood the week before I will have to bale out Sunday morning as I cannot afford to take Monday off work as well. I am driving a friend's Dino down there so hope I make Thursday free practice!!
Old 17 Aug 2009, 08:01 (Ref:2522793)   #119
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
theres the first unecessary risk of the weekend then Simon
Old 17 Aug 2009, 12:45 (Ref:2522954)   #120
simon drabble
Veteran

amazingly reliable car and incredibly for an older car very nice to drive!!
It gets used a fair amount as the owner believes toys are for using which probably helps..
We will leave crack sparrow's Thursday to be there in time for free practice and give him a chance to learn the circuit!!
Old 17 Aug 2009, 13:18 (Ref:2522975)   #121
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
the usual for us Thu am out, Mon back, make the most of the best weekend of the year . . .
Old 5 Sep 2009, 08:32 (Ref:2534828)   #122
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Anyone else getting Excited ??

Going out on Wednesday but probably coming home Sunday due to work commitments.[was SUPPOSED to be spending the rest of the week there with friends!!]
Old 5 Sep 2009, 09:08 (Ref:2534835)   #123
simon drabble
Veteran

sure am - got to grips with my 6 hour steed yesterday at Silverstone along with my fellow co drivers everything is looking good......
Old 5 Sep 2009, 09:18 (Ref:2534839)   #124
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Crossings booked. Garage organised.
Old 5 Sep 2009, 11:34 (Ref:2534872)   #125
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
probably coming home Sunday due to work commitments.[was SUPPOSED to be spending the rest of the week there with friends!!]
Terence, you mean to say you actually work

I've just taken mine down for an MOT and it runs OK so if it survives Thruxton next week it looks like I'll be doing Barry's race if there are any places left.