Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Jan 2012, 22:05 (Ref:3017496)   #1551
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Kind of a surprise to me, but Autosport today says that Lucas Ordonez will be driving for Greaves this season and will race LM alongside the Brundles.

Obviously the Nissan connection remains but I thought for all the world we'd see him alongside Jordan Tresson in the Signatech car. I suppose this also means he will be doing ELMS and not WEC? He could be doing both I suppose and remain for Signatech.
Is it possible this is the result of P2's driver rating/seeding regulations?
SignaTech claimed ILMC championship victory, and scored a podium at LM. Would this have any effect on his driver rating or, the team's capability to provide a seat?

It might be a possible explanation.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 22:08 (Ref:3017500)   #1552
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Maybe running for Signatech for every round of the WEC except Le Mans and getting delegated to Greaves only for the 24 Hours?
I think this is the most likely scenario. The Greaves car should garner some good publicity at LM so makes sense to put him in there I suppose.

I thought we'd have heard a bit more about line-ups for Signatech by now given they have two cars. I'd assume the second one is full of gentleman drivers perhaps.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3017503)   #1553
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Is it possible this is the result of P2's driver rating/seeding regulations?
SignaTech claimed ILMC championship victory, and scored a podium at LM. Would this have any effect on his driver rating or, the team's capability to provide a seat?

It might be a possible explanation.
I'm not sure whether a season's worth of LMP racing is enough to move him to Gold classification, even though by the end of that season Lucas was more or less on the pace of his teammates.

Quote:
I think this is the most likely scenario. The Greaves car should garner some good publicity at LM so makes sense to put him in there I suppose.

I thought we'd have heard a bit more about line-ups for Signatech by now given they have two cars. I'd assume the second one is full of gentleman drivers perhaps.
Although having read the tidbit, it does say "for this year". Hmmm. The entry list announcements are only 6 days away, so... we shall see what's what next week.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 12:24 (Ref:3017754)   #1554
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
not 3 cars? 2 for wec, 1 for elms
Old 27 Jan 2012, 14:26 (Ref:3017807)   #1555
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I don´t know about Signatech TBH: Yes, they´ve announced to enter 2 cars in the championship but since then news has come out that last years´ partner Didier Calmels had reached an agreement to run a private Pug (before the board´s decision to withdraw) so it could be they´ve split and that the necessary budget isn´t there anymore???
Old 27 Jan 2012, 14:33 (Ref:3017815)   #1556
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
not 3 cars? 2 for wec, 1 for elms
Don't think they were ever down to do the ELMS were they?

I wouldn't be surprised (similar to last season) that we only end up with one Signatech car. Hopefully the line-up is decent.
Old 29 Jan 2012, 11:57 (Ref:3018498)   #1557
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Paul Tracy said he's eyeing sports cars as "the next phase of my career."

Old 29 Jan 2012, 20:54 (Ref:3018619)   #1558
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess this is a very old rumor that is still alive, but Luther Blissett still has hopes of fielding a Le Mans team. Who knows if it actually happens or not.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 11:11 (Ref:3019341)   #1559
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'm wondering whether one of the gaps at Signatech will be filled by Olivier Lombard? I'm sure Nissan would have looked to try and keep hold of him. Plus he brings some useful funding with him.

He tweeted that he will announce his programme for 2012 soon. I imagine that will be Feb 2 if he is staying in sportscars.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 12:07 (Ref:3019356)   #1560
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just on twitter RCE tweeted something about a possible WEC entry.
Could this be the Dome s102? It is in the December issue...

Quote:
@RacecarEngineer
And on top of all of the F1 stuff we are still sitting on a very surprising and cool LMP1 story (see Dec issue of RCE for a huge hint)
Old 31 Jan 2012, 12:09 (Ref:3019358)   #1561
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On twitter:
RacecarEngineer: And on top of all of the F1 stuff we are still sitting on a very surprising and cool LMP1 story (see Dec issue of RCE for a huge hint)

Anybody with a december issue of RE (or an other inside) in this. Wasn't the december issue the one with the piece about Dome?

Maybe the alleged link between the new Toyota and the Dome?

edit
Beat me to it NellisB
Old 2 Feb 2012, 10:10 (Ref:3020189)   #1562
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Any news about the plans of JetAlliance Racing? What about that mysterious new manufacturer?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 14:20 (Ref:3020320)   #1563
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by from another forum
german Sportauto spreads the rumour that

1) Honda is considering returning to the LMP1 class now that Toyota is in it and
2) Mazda is in development of a LMP1 themselves.

Apparently they go another route of green racing, by use of a Hydrogen Rotary.
Apparently the print version - nothing here: http://www.sportauto-online.de/motorsport-978772.html
Old 3 Feb 2012, 09:01 (Ref:3020903)   #1564
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Taki Inoue tweets that his Le Mans participating plan did not accomplish.
http://twitter.com/#!/takiinoue/stat...76570971717634
Old 3 Feb 2012, 18:03 (Ref:3021142)   #1565
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Wonder what happen to Reiter Engineering running a Lambo GTE at LM
Old 3 Feb 2012, 18:43 (Ref:3021171)   #1566
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kind of a leftfield one but E-I reports that Alexandre Premat has signed a deal to compete full-time in Aussie V8 Supercars.

I'm sure he must have had offers for WEC/LM drives. Maybe he didn't want to compete in LMP2 any longer?

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-9442.html
Old 3 Feb 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3021188)   #1567
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
In V8 Supercars all drivers get paid, and some of them pretty lavishly from what I've heard... so that might have played into that.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 20:48 (Ref:3021227)   #1568
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Kind of a leftfield one but E-I reports that Alexandre Premat has signed a deal to compete full-time in Aussie V8 Supercars.

I'm sure he must have had offers for WEC/LM drives. Maybe he didn't want to compete in LMP2 any longer?

At one point I thought he was in one of the Oak P1 cars but Oak ended up only entering 1 P1 which will be most likely Moreau and Kraihamer in WEC?
Old 4 Feb 2012, 13:31 (Ref:3021449)   #1569
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Left field indeed! No one saw this coming. With no experience in V8s its a bold move by Garry Rogers to give him a full season drive. Im a bit surprised why Premat would want to race a big heavy V8 compared to a LMP which is more similar to what he has raced in the past. Well good on him anyway, hope he goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
In V8 Supercars all drivers get paid, and some of them pretty lavishly from what I've heard... so that might have played into that.
Im guessing most drivers would be on six figures and at least half a dozen at the top would be earning upwards of half a million AUD per year with one or two of those on seven figures (or at least to anyway). Good money to be earnt.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 21:02 (Ref:3022822)   #1570
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Sad news:

https://twitter.com/#!/dsceditor/sta...85050221580289

Quote:
Now certain that we can confirm Hankook have cancelled 2012 sportscar race programme
Where does that leave Farnbacher, I wonder?
Old 7 Feb 2012, 21:04 (Ref:3022824)   #1571
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think we've all known this for a while now after all the rumours last year but I was at least hoping to see Farnbacher at N24. Shame
Old 7 Feb 2012, 21:12 (Ref:3022830)   #1572
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They still have their ADAC project I think: https://www.facebook.com/Farnbacher.ESET.Racing

Everything's in german and the translations of their latest messages don't work too well.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3022840)   #1573
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I think we've all known this for a while now after all the rumours last year but I was at least hoping to see Farnbacher at N24. Shame
GT-Masters: safe, line-up TBD
German Porsche Carrera Cup: safe
N24/VLN is being evaluated, might be with either the GT3-car or the GTE, probably the later.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 22:21 (Ref:3022853)   #1574
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
GT-Masters: safe, line-up TBD
German Porsche Carrera Cup: safe
N24/VLN is being evaluated, might be with either the GT3-car or the GTE, probably the later.
I meant the GT2 programme, don't really care of their GT3 plans. But I'm glad if they continue at the Ring
Old 7 Feb 2012, 23:02 (Ref:3022869)   #1575
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Babapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
farnbacher got still 2 F458. one for short races and one for endurance-racing. report in german, so maybe translation needed:

http://www.gt-eins.at/cms/index.php?...=7006&Itemid=1