Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Sep 2012, 16:28 (Ref:3137310)   #2576
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Thinking about it , I reckon with Kremers experiance , it wouldnt take them long to swing the axe again ..... my thoughts are about Achim Stroth , has he still got the edge the team would need for a manager ?

The 2 Kremer brothers , Erwin & Manfred have split up , and thats a good thing as they were always differing in their opinion .

Real sad they never raced that ISRS K9 car they built , their own one I mean .

They went with a Ford powered Lola B98 after that , but never really did much with it .
I love those old roll-hoops that were as wide as the cockpit, much prettier than the double head-rests we have now. Shame they went.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 18:22 (Ref:3137382)   #2577
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I prefered the single roll hoop like the original Courage C60 , and the original Panoz P1 , as you can see below , but for that scaffolding network of horrible tubes which cost 40,000 to convert and never worked well causing way too much drag down long straights .

This was awful !!!
Old 17 Sep 2012, 18:59 (Ref:3137402)   #2578
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I prefered the single roll hoop like the original Courage C60 , and the original Panoz P1 , as you can see below , but for that scaffolding network of horrible tubes which cost 40,000 to convert and never worked well causing way too much drag down long straights .

This was awful !!!
Yes, the scaffolding was awful in my eyes too.
But the rest of that car is just SO beautiful (Danebrog, "å" and the fact it was run by danes)
Old 17 Sep 2012, 19:37 (Ref:3137416)   #2579
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-13346.html
P4/5 lmp1 2014 !? This would be cool But extremely surprising from the group
Old 17 Sep 2012, 21:28 (Ref:3137468)   #2580
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Looks like something outta a Kinder egg !!!
Old 18 Sep 2012, 15:27 (Ref:3137872)   #2581
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Esteban Guerrieri can not next year drive IndyCar, so his plan B is American Le Mans Series or Rolex Grand Am Series.
Old 19 Sep 2012, 09:06 (Ref:3138310)   #2582
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

This was awful !!!
Oh, I actually preferred that Panoz

For me, the R8R is much prettier than the R8, mainly because of the hoop.

But I guess it's down to what you grow up with!

One question I have - and I appreciate this is off-topic, but I've aways wondered and never had an answerr - why did these coll cages suddenly dissapear in the early 2000s? Was it a regulation change, or did all the prototype teams have an epiphany?
Old 19 Sep 2012, 09:31 (Ref:3138323)   #2583
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post

For me, the R8R is much prettier than the R8, mainly because of the hoop.

But I guess it's down to what you grow up with!

One question I have - and I appreciate this is off-topic, but I've aways wondered and never had an answerr - why did these coll cages suddenly dissapear in the early 2000s? Was it a regulation change, or did all the prototype teams have an epiphany?
It was with the creation of LMP900 and LMP675 .
Old 19 Sep 2012, 11:08 (Ref:3138385)   #2584
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nick Heidfeld currently snapping and tweeting pics from the Porsche museum.

Adding fuel to the fire that he will be part of their line-up for '14.
Old 19 Sep 2012, 11:23 (Ref:3138399)   #2585
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Nick Heidfeld currently snapping and tweeting pics from the Porsche museum.

Adding fuel to the fire that he will be part of their line-up for '14.
Maybe he's just playing tourist?

Yeah but that would be nice to see him in a Porsche (hopefully alongside Mark Webber if Webber does leave F1 at the end of next year).
Old 19 Sep 2012, 11:59 (Ref:3138422)   #2586
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Yeah but that would be nice to see him in a Porsche (hopefully alongside Mark Webber if Webber does leave F1 at the end of next year).
That would be a great line-up. Very 1999 but I'd love to see Webber back in sportscars. I'm wondering whether Brendon Hartley might be a decent long-termer for a factory P1 team?
Old 19 Sep 2012, 12:36 (Ref:3138451)   #2587
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm wondering whether Brendon Hartley might be a decent long-termer for a factory P1 team?
A good bet if he gets a couple more seasons in endurance racing under his belt and keeps impressing as he did this year. He's young enough to have a long career ahead of him if he treats it seriously.
Old 19 Sep 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3138618)   #2588
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nico Prost asked him where he took the pictures.
Old 20 Sep 2012, 09:02 (Ref:3138956)   #2589
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Nuff said ...............
Old 20 Sep 2012, 09:03 (Ref:3138960)   #2590
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
That would be a great line-up. Very 1999 but I'd love to see Webber back in sportscars. I'm wondering whether Brendon Hartley might be a decent long-termer for a factory P1 team?
Wonder might Benz snap him up for a DTM drive ?

Im delighted he is with Murphy though .
Old 20 Sep 2012, 13:38 (Ref:3139095)   #2591
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
interesting stuff at dsc:

"Another possibility is that one of the three manufacturers that I know are seriously looking at doing a Le Mans programme will appoint a representative or Lola Group Holdings to do the programme."

http://www.dailysportscar.com/viewAr...nID=M3QS8KSAXW

so, someone other than then audi porsche and toyota?
Old 20 Sep 2012, 22:36 (Ref:3139337)   #2592
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
He meant potential manufacturers, and I'd consider the above mentioned three as confirmed. So, it's rather Nissan, Honda, and one more
Old 21 Sep 2012, 06:56 (Ref:3139486)   #2593
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
interesting stuff at dsc:

"Another possibility is that one of the three manufacturers that I know are seriously looking at doing a Le Mans programme will appoint a representative or Lola Group Holdings to do the programme."

http://www.dailysportscar.com/viewAr...nID=M3QS8KSAXW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
He meant potential manufacturers, and I'd consider the above mentioned three as confirmed. So, it's rather Nissan, Honda, and one more
Were already discussing this in the Lola thread .

Can a mod figure out the appropriate thread on collect it there?
Old 24 Sep 2012, 04:46 (Ref:3140658)   #2594
Mt. Lynx
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm
Mt. Lynx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the rules for construction for 2014 finalized? Link?
Old 24 Sep 2012, 05:30 (Ref:3140666)   #2595
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lynx View Post
Are the rules for construction for 2014 finalized? Link?
Depends what you mean? They were ratified by WMSC already in June, before ACO announced them in the press conference. The absolutely final PDF file with all of the details has not been published (to the public).
Old 24 Sep 2012, 06:44 (Ref:3140694)   #2596
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
2 Pretty Zytek (Jota) VS 2 Ugly Zytek (Greaves). Bring it on!
Wash your mouth out with soap!
Old 24 Sep 2012, 07:03 (Ref:3140704)   #2597
The Badger
Veteran

Have to agree , Jota's livery looks better .
Old 24 Sep 2012, 13:33 (Ref:3140890)   #2598
Mt. Lynx
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm
Mt. Lynx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Depends what you mean? They were ratified by WMSC already in June, before ACO announced them in the press conference. The absolutely final PDF file with all of the details has not been published (to the public).
Thank you. But I was mostly wondering about the cars. All I've heard is closed tops and less width.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 17:01 (Ref:3140981)   #2599
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Objection, the Greaves livery is a mess!
Old 24 Sep 2012, 17:23 (Ref:3140990)   #2600
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
Wash your mouth out with soap!

No offence John, but the Jota livery is simple perfection. That said, I certainly wouldn't go so far as to say your boys drive Zyteks with ugly liveries (unless I really wanted to wind you up ).