Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Oct 2012, 09:20 (Ref:3156354)   #2676
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
It is a VERY good drawing. I would love if LMP's looked like that in the future. The headlights are quite big though, and there isn't any fender holes, plus the 'wings' connecting the engine cover to the rear fenders probably wouldn't be allowed. A good drawing though.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 11:28 (Ref:3156434)   #2677
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
This NISSAN LMP1 should be very nice...

Awesome Work...

http://madfolchismad.wordpress.com/2...9/nissan-lmp1/
Looks good, but I think they're happy on supplying engines to LMP2 teams right now as well as DeltaWing.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 11:41 (Ref:3156436)   #2678
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
Looks good, but I think they're happy on supplying engines to LMP2 teams right now as well as DeltaWing.
Yeah I have zero confidence that they will go down the P1 route. Shame - but at least they are impacting on the sportscar arena I suppose. Walking around Le Mans and seeing their stand/branding you'd think they were racing for the overall win.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 12:38 (Ref:3156472)   #2679
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At least we know who to lobby on twitter - new Director of Global Motorsports Darren Cox.

https://twitter.com/IamDarrenCox
Old 24 Oct 2012, 05:40 (Ref:3156845)   #2680
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...rules-out-wrc/
Well that practically also rules out a LMP project.
I do however find it strange that Honda couldn't find the budget to a LMP1 program, but there is possibility of them finding the budget for a F1 engine program!
If it comes to a new Honda F1 program, I will lose some of my respect for Honda!

And i just noticed. Shouldn't this thread get re-branded? .
ILMC is now WEC. 2011 is a long time ago, so is 2012 soon and all rumors we currently talk about is 2013-2014 stuff.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 07:35 (Ref:3156870)   #2681
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...rules-out-wrc/
ILMC is now WEC. 2011 is a long time ago, so is 2012 soon and all rumors we currently talk about is 2013-2014 stuff.
agreed - although it may be better to start a new thread
Old 24 Oct 2012, 08:41 (Ref:3156889)   #2682
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I'll leave that to the mods to decide
Old 24 Oct 2012, 12:02 (Ref:3156974)   #2683
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Quote:
I'll leave that to the mods to decide

How about taking the years off all together? This can now be a straight rumours thread, no need to worry about time frame.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 14:31 (Ref:3157035)   #2684
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I do however find it strange that Honda couldn't find the budget to a LMP1 program, but there is possibility of them finding the budget for a F1 engine program!
Firstly, "we have not decided anything", secondly: it's not strange. Same old "if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" problem.

Similar comment from some weeks ago: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/f1...ed-f1-interest

Last edited by deggis; 24 Oct 2012 at 14:36.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 14:44 (Ref:3157044)   #2685
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Firstly, "we have not decided anything", secondly: it's not strange. Same old "if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" problem.

Similar comment from some weeks ago: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/f1...ed-f1-interest
That's the reason i wrote "possibility" .

Indeed for the mass media, it's not strange as not many expected them to make a LMP1 program. (i think that's what you meant with you "tree"), but for us, and likely Wirth and the LM part of HPD.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 21:30 (Ref:3157212)   #2686
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/spor...ry-306646.html
Damn, 16 years old and already a national sportscar champion! I hope he finds a good proto seat somewhere in the world.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 23:33 (Ref:3157254)   #2687
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/spor...ry-306646.html
Damn, 16 years old and already a national sportscar champion! I hope he finds a good proto seat somewhere in the world.
No question he is good. I think he ran in a PC car for 1 race this year. That would be a good next step for him IMHO.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 08:05 (Ref:3157328)   #2688
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Hats off to the young man . Can he race in ALMS at 16 ?
Old 25 Oct 2012, 08:17 (Ref:3157332)   #2689
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Hats off to the young man . Can he race in ALMS at 16 ?
He certainly can't enjoy the champagne if he wins
Old 25 Oct 2012, 08:39 (Ref:3157342)   #2690
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I know ..... non alcohol sparkeling wine then !!!

Bet in some States he could own a gun though ?

Hey junior , ya cant have a drink boy , but ya sure can blow the **** outta stuff !!!
Old 25 Oct 2012, 08:57 (Ref:3157355)   #2691
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Couple of bits in Autosport today:

Most significantly (and a real boost to the WEC) is that Aston Martin are looking at significantly expanding their GT programme next year and could run as many as four cars. Possibly two Pro/two Am cars - one rumoured for Andrew Howard/Beechdean.

Also confirmation from Nick Wirth that next season's HPD P1 will be significantly upgraded to incorporate the wide fronts. It will look quite a bit different aero-wise. They have begun design work on a '14 car but it still ultimately needs sign-off from HPD.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 09:02 (Ref:3157361)   #2692
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Hopefully Aston Martin can improve their fuel efficiency. They'll need it! 2 cars is great if true. Looks like HPD is tired of Rebellion being best privateer.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 11:15 (Ref:3157401)   #2693
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Interesting to see Sebastien Loeb campaigning a McLaren at Paul Ricard this weekend in GT Tour.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-14182.html

Will be interesting to see what his team does going forward. They are clearly evaluating machinery.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 11:36 (Ref:3157411)   #2694
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just waiting for that to show up on GTPlanet now with some fool claiming it'll be in GT5 or GT6....
Old 25 Oct 2012, 14:42 (Ref:3157499)   #2695
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
will look quite a bit different aero-wise.
Praise be to God. The current HPD P1 car is hideous.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 14:47 (Ref:3157502)   #2696
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3.14 View Post
I quite like it.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 15:04 (Ref:3157511)   #2697
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I quite like it.
I don't care for the headlamps. I like the P2 (03b) though.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 15:46 (Ref:3157527)   #2698
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
agreed. the ugliest hpd so far.
Old 25 Oct 2012, 21:07 (Ref:3157686)   #2699
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I don't care for the headlamps. I like the P2 (03b) though.
I like the P1 car, but I agree that the P2 car is much better looking. Much smoother lines, perhaps I am just more familiar with that aero setup because the rudiments have been in use since 2007.

Chris
Old 25 Oct 2012, 21:32 (Ref:3157697)   #2700
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kamui Kobayashi might join Toyota Hybrid endurance program if he does not find a seat in F1 next year?