Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Jul 2014, 10:16 (Ref:3429412)   #5101
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
So Mr Goodwin is suggesting some 'very bad' news is likely to emerge today. Any guesses? Are Audi quitting whilst on top?
Old 2 Jul 2014, 10:32 (Ref:3429416)   #5102
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
So Mr Goodwin is suggesting some 'very bad' news is likely to emerge today. Any guesses? Are Audi quitting whilst on top?
Exclamation point in tweet seemed to add a bit of levity, which suggests it's less likely to be serious doom and gloom.

Curious to see what emerges nonetheless.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 10:35 (Ref:3429420)   #5103
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
(Yes, copy-paste still works) https://twitter.com/dsceditor/status/484216899887448064
Old 2 Jul 2014, 10:40 (Ref:3429423)   #5104
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry, bit harder to C&P using apps on the phone. Cheers for the link.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 10:40 (Ref:3429424)   #5105
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Why would a Rotary engine not be acceptable?
The rotary engine has never been directly banned at Le Mans.
AWD is already used at Le Mans.

I really don't see why the IM01 shouldn't be allowed to race at Le Mans.
That car is for G56, it's even mentioned on the website, so P1 rulebook is irrelevant. But 2014 rulebook does say that piston engines only (I don't think that matters much, petrol rotary would likely be pretty useless anyway with the fuel rules).

Last edited by deggis; 2 Jul 2014 at 10:46.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 11:34 (Ref:3429447)   #5106
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
That car is for G56, it's even mentioned on the website, so P1 rulebook is irrelevant. But 2014 rulebook does say that piston engines only (I don't think that matters much, petrol rotary would likely be pretty useless anyway with the fuel rules).
I know this, I think the debate originates from the thought that G56 must have some likeness to the spirit of the LMP rules.
Like both Deltawing and ZEOD where "2 seaters".

And yes, Piston engines is the only IC engine allowed. That's indirectly banning the Wankel engine, not directly like "Rotary engines are not allowed" .

But, yes, a pointless debate as G56 is an entry under no other rules than the sporting.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 11:42 (Ref:3429452)   #5107
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I for one am glad they need to follow the sporting regs at least, wasn't Nissan attempting to ask the ACO if they could bring the dead ZEOD to the garage and get it fixed to get back to the race?
Old 2 Jul 2014, 12:55 (Ref:3429476)   #5108
deggis
Veteran

Finland
I don't think the supposed "bad news" can be a manufacturer pullout. Those things rarely get leaked before hand and secondly, June-July would be a very odd time for that.

Also, it could be the same news basically: some team swapping series.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 13:00 (Ref:3429480)   #5109
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both Kolles and Albers are reported to be part of Caterham F1's new management, so my guess would be that the bad news are about the Lotus LMP1.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 13:20 (Ref:3429489)   #5110
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I don't think the supposed "bad news" can be a manufacturer pullout. Those things rarely get leaked before hand and secondly, June-July would be a very odd time for that.

Also, it could be the same news basically: some team swapping series.
Reading perhaps more laterally, Graham was referring to DSC putting up a decent amount of content, but perhaps also finally fixing their broken paywall, so DSC becomes a paysite once again?
Old 2 Jul 2014, 13:23 (Ref:3429491)   #5111
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
(Without debating whether or not that is the actual news):
So that's the reason they've had so much non-sub-content in revent times, 'broken paywall'??

I've gotta say, if most of stuff goes sub-only again they'll have hard time competing against all-free Sportscar365 which is pretty much offering the same amount of content and often faster (and which I prefer anyway but that's just me)
Old 2 Jul 2014, 13:24 (Ref:3429492)   #5112
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd rather pay for DSC than a manufacturer pull-put...
Old 2 Jul 2014, 13:57 (Ref:3429505)   #5113
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
I'd rather pay for DSC than a manufacturer pull-put...
Well put!
Old 2 Jul 2014, 14:19 (Ref:3429511)   #5114
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 2 Jul 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3429514)   #5115
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
With the latest Albers/Kolles/Caterham F1 news, is it safe to assume one of the pieces of news will be the final, utter and complete death and burial of the Lotus LMP1 project?
Old 2 Jul 2014, 15:39 (Ref:3429528)   #5116
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
With the latest Albers/Kolles/Caterham F1 news, is it safe to assume one of the pieces of news will be the final, utter and complete death and burial of the Lotus LMP1 project?
I'm not so sure - this (from the still free DSC) suggests the Lotus LMP1 may no longer have any connection with Kolles.

I would however raise considerable questions about Forza Rossa F1 (not that I wasn't very skeptical to start with...)
Old 2 Jul 2014, 16:06 (Ref:3429533)   #5117
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
he seems to have signed up to the "finger in as many pies as possible and hopefully at least one of them won't go off" principle of involvement...
Old 2 Jul 2014, 18:21 (Ref:3429562)   #5118
Articus
Veteran

Any word on the good and bad news of the day?
Old 2 Jul 2014, 19:09 (Ref:3429581)   #5119
deggis
Veteran

Finland
The tweet was 13 hours ago. Very busy news day indeed.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 20:26 (Ref:3429619)   #5120
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Graham on MWM says very bad news to come soon. My gut tells me it is Strakka or RAM. The good news is expected in the next few days.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 20:35 (Ref:3429621)   #5121
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Graham on MWM says very bad news to come soon. My gut tells me it is Strakka or RAM. The good news is expected in the next few days.
Would a minor privateer pull-out really qualify as very bad news? From the sound of it, it's probably more serious and from the timing most likely related to a US-team. Maybe P2-pull-outs from TUSC or FIAT pulling the plug on the Viper program?

Last edited by Speed-King; 2 Jul 2014 at 20:41.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 20:40 (Ref:3429627)   #5122
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I can't see Viper pulling after all of the PR with the new colours.

How about Nissan P1 didn't get board approval?
Old 2 Jul 2014, 20:41 (Ref:3429628)   #5123
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
True. Only saying that due to his close ties to those teams. Purely speculating. His focus on TUSC has really diminished so not sure anything from that series would be major?
Old 2 Jul 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3429630)   #5124
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Aston Martin pulling out?
Old 2 Jul 2014, 20:53 (Ref:3429632)   #5125
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
How about Nissan P1 didn't get board approval?
Wouldn't they have gotten that before the announcement? OTOH, there could be backlash from the whole Zeod-disaster, so I wouldn't completely rule it out .