Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Jun 2011, 02:12 (Ref:2896350)   #101
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Eurosport also say some Wirth personel have gone to work for Toyota in Cologne.
It would be nice to know their names...
Old 12 Jun 2011, 10:12 (Ref:2896810)   #102
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
There were to many rumors in the recent years so first see than believe.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 12:16 (Ref:2896996)   #103
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nissan guy was on Eurosport last night and said the top brass from Japan, including NISMO, were at Le Mans, with the P1 strongly hinted.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 13:13 (Ref:2897063)   #104
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Nissan guy has a name?
Old 12 Jun 2011, 15:05 (Ref:2897139)   #105
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't know who it was, head of Nissan UK/marketing, something like that.

Martin Haven was doing everything he could to get him to spill the beans, before jokingly coughing and saying, 'good luck with your new prototype'.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 16:13 (Ref:2897179)   #106
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
It's a Dutchman (or at least his name sounds Dutch).

EDIT Wait that guy is marketing manager of Nissan Europe.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 13:37 (Ref:2898074)   #107
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Mariantic heading :

Abu Dhabi team to run 2nd Dyson Lola in remaining ALMS rounds ?

Humaid al Masaood & Steven Kane driving aiming for LM next year ?

I wonder might we finaly see Dyson at Le Mans , if sponsorship covers it ? Or will Dyson be involved at all with this project ?
Old 13 Jun 2011, 13:48 (Ref:2898079)   #108
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The article I read early said they had leased the second car for the remaining ALMS races with a definite eye on LM in the near future but probably not 2012. Looks like they will race as Oryx Racing in the ALMS with Dyson.

http://www.thenational.ae/lifestyle/...ms?pageCount=0
Old 13 Jun 2011, 13:49 (Ref:2898081)   #109
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Smells it's over between Pedro Lamy and Peugeot-Sport from now on
Old 13 Jun 2011, 14:00 (Ref:2898090)   #110
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
The article I read early said they had leased the second car for the remaining ALMS races with a definite eye on LM in the near future but probably not 2012. Looks like they will race as Oryx Racing in the ALMS with Dyson.

http://www.thenational.ae/lifestyle/...ms?pageCount=0
Cool
Old 13 Jun 2011, 21:35 (Ref:2898417)   #111
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lots of positive stuff coming out of this year's race in terms of rumours. I have to agree that if we could have Nissan in LMP1 next year and Mazda in LMP2 that is yet more great progress. To me the amount of Mazda presence has to point to something.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 21:46 (Ref:2898423)   #112
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have to think that Lotterer and Treluyer's success this weekend will be good toward getting the Japanese energized about Le Mans. Maybe not, but it can't hurt.

I'm still not sure what to make of the Nissan rumors. It would be great if they came with a factory team, but I don't know if it'll have the support to make it competitive with Audi and Peugeot. It could be a customer package based on their success with LMP2s. That isn't as exciting, but I guess it is better than nothing. It would put them on equal footing with TMG and HPD I guess.

As for Dyson going to LM, I would hope that they would not go with the MZR-R. Although the engine might be much more reliable now, I don't think it has the speed to be competitive at Le Mans.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 21:58 (Ref:2898426)   #113
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
This Nissan rumour better materialize sooner and in larger quantity than Toyota rumours have done.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 22:12 (Ref:2898432)   #114
JAG
Veteran

England
John Manchester of Zytek was on Eurosport and once again talked about a hybrid they're working on with a partner, saying how it had been proved in Super GT tests.

Given Zytek prepare the Nissan P2 motors, it wouldn't be suprising to see a similar situation in P1.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 22:21 (Ref:2898435)   #115
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
Smells it's over between Pedro Lamy and Peugeot-Sport from now on
Based on?
Old 13 Jun 2011, 22:30 (Ref:2898438)   #116
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
Based on?
His freezing out of the #9 car bar a couple of hours during the race. Not confident in his speed seemingly. But just speculation. Not sure what the contract situation is of the drivers.

Personally I believe that if the Oreca/Nissan hook-up is true Peugeot will swoop in for Loic Duval and if there is one guy making way you'd have to say it is Pedro. Maybe even a straight swap...
Old 13 Jun 2011, 22:31 (Ref:2898440)   #117
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
Based on?
The fact that he said after the race that the team had done him wrong by giving him so little driving time, so perhaps God had done the team wrong in return by making them come 2nd. Not the most politic thing to say to someone you want to continue in the employ of.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 22:45 (Ref:2898449)   #118
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Personally I believe that if the Oreca/Nissan hook-up is true Peugeot will swoop in for Loic Duval and if there is one guy making way you'd have to say it is Pedro. Maybe even a straight swap...
I wonder what excately the Oreca-Nissan connection is if the Nissan rumors are true. Are they just a supplier or will they operate the team? It would not surprise me if they continue to race the Peugeot (or at least a Peugeot diesel engine) if they are just a supplier for Nissan. Of course, if the Nissan thing is just a customer program, perhaps they could run both Nissan and Peugeot. Maybe Peugeot will go for 3 factory diesel hybrids next year and maybe Oreca will run a standard 908 HDi without the hybrid as a backup? Who knows. There are a lot of unanswered questions.

There was some speculation that Nissan or Toyota were funding the Dome LMP project. With TMG hooking up with Lola and Nissan supposedly hooking up with Oreca, can we assume that either the relationship does not exist now or that it never did exist?

EDIT: It would not surprise me if Nissan is working with Zytek in regard to their hybrid package. It does raise an interesting point though: can a petrol hybrid compete with a diesel or a diesel hybrid? I guess everyone will have an opinion about that based on the regs discussions we've had.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 22:57 (Ref:2898458)   #119
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
I wonder what excately the Oreca-Nissan connection is if the Nissan rumors are true.
Not a clue but it's all just speculation at this point. In my opinion I don't think Oreca can realistically get further into bed with Nissan in the LMP1 ranks and still expect to run a Peugeot. I can't see Peugeot allowing it.

They will just have to weigh up what they value the most.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 23:00 (Ref:2898461)   #120
92scotland
Racer

United Kingdom
92scotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid92scotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
It would not surprise me if Nissan is working with Zytek in regard to their hybrid package. It does raise an interesting point though: can a petrol hybrid compete with a diesel or a diesel hybrid? I guess everyone will have an opinion about that based on the regs discussions we've had.
I remember a comment from Davidson when he first moved to Peugeot from AMR saying that if there was more money spent on the development of the aero and a bit of the engine then the petrols would be competitive. I can't find a link at the moment.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 23:14 (Ref:2898468)   #121
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92scotland View Post
I remember a comment from Davidson when he first moved to Peugeot from AMR saying that if there was more money spent on the development of the aero and a bit of the engine then the petrols would be competitive. I can't find a link at the moment.
I think a well-funded petrol effort can be competitive. The ex-factory HPD ARX-01e certainly showed a lot more pace than other petrol cars at Sebring. It's really only fair to compare factory efforts to factory efforts and we really don't have any factory petrol efforts to make fair comparisons (I'm not counting the AMR-One).

I think the problem petrol teams are facing is that it is harder to make significant gains with racing petrol engines than it is with racing diesel engines right now. Lots of people have been working hard on squeezing performance out of petrol racing engines for decades, but racing diesels are still fairly new (yes, there have been diesels racing for decades, but certainly not to the scale of petrol engines) and it's possible to make significant jumps in just a few months.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 23:59 (Ref:2898482)   #122
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
You gotta believe a Toyota and Wirth Research tieup would be lethal considering the Wirth CFD and the Toyota Windtunnel but it seems unlikely as Wirth can get the Aero done but Toyota can get the Aero done as well.

Things to look forward to?

Wirth Honda P1?
Nissan P1
Toyota P1
Hyundai P1(perhaps Lemans)

Of all these i am looking forward most to the Toyota P1.Cnsidering the expense will be alot less than f1 we all know they can bring the big bucks to anything and can literally buy Laptime
Old 15 Jun 2011, 08:53 (Ref:2899293)   #123
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As requested by a member, I've now 'generalised' the thread title and moved it to the main sportscars forum.
Old 15 Jun 2011, 09:26 (Ref:2899316)   #124
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
You gotta believe a Toyota and Wirth Research tieup would be lethal considering the Wirth CFD and the Toyota Windtunnel but it seems unlikely as Wirth can get the Aero done but Toyota can get the Aero done as well.

Things to look forward to?

Wirth Honda P1?
Nissan P1
Toyota P1
Hyundai P1(perhaps Lemans)

Of all these i am looking forward most to the Toyota P1.Cnsidering the expense will be alot less than f1 we all know they can bring the big bucks to anything and can literally buy Laptime
Would be great to see toyota pick up Wirth and merge them with the rebelion team to make that the factory effort. I think that would give a great potential winner when the rules change again to hopefully favor petrolcars in 2014.
Old 15 Jun 2011, 16:46 (Ref:2899610)   #125
JAG
Veteran

England
Some Wirth people apparently went to Toyota, not Wirth working with Toyota.