Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Dec 2004, 21:03 (Ref:1180530)   #1
Garrett
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Garrett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pescarolo 2005!

Here is the new Pescarolo C60 for 2005. Dosen't look bad for a hybrid vesion!

Edited to : fix the link to the pic, ad the website that published the pic (Jérôme Mugnier's Virages), copyright beeing owned by l'Équipe - Fab

Last edited by Fab; 16 Dec 2004 at 05:57.
Old 15 Dec 2004, 21:24 (Ref:1180552)   #2
vs346
Racer

Greenland
vs346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
isn't it cool that the owner of the team still tests the car too?

also, call me blind, but what's different? I think the side panels are diff, and the little hump next to the roll bar is diff. Anything else?
Old 15 Dec 2004, 21:31 (Ref:1180559)   #3
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bottom has the chamfered cross-section, they have the secondary rollover structure for both driver and passenger, and the wing is higher and further forward (and only 30cm deep instead of 40). Although you can't tell about the wing from the picture.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 16 Dec 2004, 05:49 (Ref:1180745)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks Garrett... huh, I posted the link here two days ago...

And I'd appreciate you'd mention your source (same as mine) : Jérôme Mugnier's Virages...

Note that the picture is owned by l'Équipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vs346
also, call me blind, but what's different? I think the side panels are diff, and the little hump next to the roll bar is diff. Anything else?
Check the link above : I translated some modifications mentionned by Jérôme Mugnier.

Last edited by Fab; 16 Dec 2004 at 05:57.
Old 16 Dec 2004, 08:31 (Ref:1180802)   #5
mikmx
Racer

Netherlands
rotterdam
mikmx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope it will be fast and reliable. It def looks good for a hybrid. What I was wondering now with the passenger space/safety etc. Will there be passenger laps just like in the two seat F1's? That would be sweeeeetttt ! It would be possible in the hybrid cars or am I wrong?
Old 16 Dec 2004, 09:31 (Ref:1180864)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
It was possible with the LMP 900, with Bourdais at the wheel. I cannot see why it wouldn't be possible with the LMP1
Old 16 Dec 2004, 11:17 (Ref:1180953)   #7
mikmx
Racer

Netherlands
rotterdam
Never seen picture of people being a passenger in an Lmp. I would wish for the Dome with Jan at the wheel on the 24 hour track of course.. Sorry of going off topic I'm just dreaming..
Old 16 Dec 2004, 11:21 (Ref:1180956)   #8
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The FIASCC ran some passenger rides in the Jota Pilbeam a couple of years ago and I remember DSC's Editor getting some fast laps alongside Kurt Luby in the Sintura way back too.
Old 16 Dec 2004, 11:57 (Ref:1180978)   #9
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
The FIASCC ran some passenger rides in the Jota Pilbeam a couple of years ago and I remember DSC's Editor getting some fast laps alongside Kurt Luby in the Sintura way back too.
I would love to see racing teams doing this passenger ride again sometime, especially in "proper" prototypes.
Old 16 Dec 2004, 12:44 (Ref:1181010)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
Perks of the job, eh Graham? Alright for some!
Old 16 Dec 2004, 13:13 (Ref:1181051)   #11
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see Pesca back behind the wheel...
As for the passenger laps, just isn't going to happen boys for 2 reasons:
1) A lot of engines are rented per kilometre now, so it's not the case that you can just use an old engine/old tyres and have a slide around with a sponsor on board economically, recall a decent prototype costs at least Euro3 per second to run...
2) With carbon brakes and no steering wheel to hold on to, I'm not sure any doctor/insurance company would consider the passenger seat to be a survivable environment for which they'd give us liability insurance. Even in the 2 seater F1 cars, there is usually something to hold onto... even as a driver, I wouldn't fancy the passenger seat... for someone not used to the forces, they'd come out bruised and battered and their arms would be flying around everywhere which wouldn't be particularly safe.
Sorry to be the spoilsport.
Rick
Old 16 Dec 2004, 14:33 (Ref:1181114)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickP:Clio51
As for the passenger laps, just isn't going to happen boys
I'm quite sure that someone from Infocourse did it last year with Sebastien Bourdais, on the Bugatti, but I'm unable to find the article out...

Didn't Oreca propose that kind of incentives too ?

I did some laps in a GT car (Porsche) on the Beltoise track 10 years ago, but it was obviously not a prototype...

Last edited by Fab; 16 Dec 2004 at 14:34.
Old 16 Dec 2004, 17:57 (Ref:1181247)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Check : I just had a pm from Claude Foubert (Infocourse) who's positive (having pictures to prove it) on the fact that Bourdais did some laps on the Bugatti with passengers... including spins, says Claude ! Oops !

Last edited by Fab; 17 Dec 2004 at 05:51.
Old 16 Dec 2004, 18:32 (Ref:1181270)   #14
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bentley did that with their 2002 car didn't they...although that is a closed car...not at Le Mans of course...
Old 17 Dec 2004, 02:17 (Ref:1181540)   #15
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wasn't it a dedicated passenger car though, suggesting it might not be quite the same performance-wise as the race car?

I'm sure one of the Bentleys was built just for that purpose from what I read on hear a couple of months ago.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 05:40 (Ref:1181594)   #16
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Bentley might have been converted a bit inside (moving the electronics), but the cockpit bubble wasn't any bigger and the passenger were quite squeezed in there... Bucknum ran its B2K/40 for his sponsors lately and the Courage two-seater was the 2000 C52 Peugeot...
Old 17 Dec 2004, 07:40 (Ref:1181623)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Confirmed ! Claude sent me three pics : with the Courage C52 (Sebastien Bourdais at the wheel) and with the Courage Nissan (Courage Team) in 2003, on the Bugatti...

Lucky dogs !

Too bad that we're not allowed to post pics anymore... Ayse, an idea ?

Thanks for the pics, Claude ! I owe you one !

Last edited by Fab; 17 Dec 2004 at 07:41.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 08:04 (Ref:1181632)   #18
mikmx
Racer

Netherlands
rotterdam
I'm not jealouse... Really I'm not..
Would be great to see the picture's!
Old 17 Dec 2004, 09:38 (Ref:1181701)   #19
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Confirmed ! Claude sent me three pics : with the Courage C52 (Sebastien Bourdais at the wheel) and with the Courage Nissan (Courage Team) in 2003, on the Bugatti...

Lucky dogs !

Too bad that we're not allowed to post pics anymore... Ayse, an idea ?

Thanks for the pics, Claude ! I owe you one !
Are you serious? Isn't there a pic at the very top?
Old 17 Dec 2004, 09:43 (Ref:1181703)   #20
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes but the picture on page 1 is from a website, as long as the picture is linked to a website its ok, but u cant upload pics onto ten-tenths anymore for a number of reasons, not least extra strain on the servers.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 10:10 (Ref:1181716)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice.

The front looks quite odd with the square look (when looking from a birds eye view) and also the height above the ground, but that may be because it has just come down off the jacks or something.