Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 22 Apr 2003, 12:47 (Ref:576404)   #1
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Help - Pics needed!

Hello there - my book is just bout ready for the printer but it needs a few more pics of Trials, Autocross and Marshalling. I can't pay much at all - the cost of a few beers (cos I'm poor!) but the pics will be published in a decent book - of which you'd get a free copy.

Any takers - all pics considered but I need to get the prints in the next few days!
Old 22 Apr 2003, 21:19 (Ref:577190)   #2
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
dunno if either of the pics of the marshall ushering the cars across the track here are any use? http://www.paulsands.org/snett030420.htm
Old 18 May 2003, 21:45 (Ref:602936)   #3
G_Ilott
Racer

United Kingdom
Dorset, UK
G_Ilott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Out of curiosity, how did you get a book published without first having a good outline of the shots you'd use or would take to fill the gaps? Do you have a secret or a publisher friend?
Old 18 May 2003, 22:21 (Ref:602962)   #4
Beardy359
Racer

England
Wiltshire
Beardy359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If there's anything on my site of use, feel free - but it's mainly hill-climb paddock stuff.
Old 19 May 2003, 18:43 (Ref:603799)   #5
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
bit late beardy as its gone to the printers. G Ilott no secret or publisher mates, just saw a niche in the market and had a well thought out (in the pub) plan. Pictures are the very last thing to be sorted in a project like Get started.

The contract to get the book published was signed and sealed before it was even written. As is the next one, though I want to do one thing and the publisher wants to do another.

If you have a good idea that would stand up in the cold light of day then its very easy to get published as long as you can show some vague writing ability (in my case a couple of articles from my motor club magazine).