Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 3 Mar 2005, 22:39 (Ref:1241738)   #76
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Let's remember that we are talking about the current charges being brought against Vic Lee here.

Touringfan - I am sure everyone appreciates you're point that Vic Lee has had previous convictions - but Kicking Back is correct too in that everyone is entitled to a fair trial - it applies to everyone no matter the severity of charges.

Now, I would like to see discussions regarding the motorsport side of this - not the legal side examined in depth.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 22:39 (Ref:1241740)   #77
Touringfan
Rookie

Touringfan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I repeat;

Simple question... do you have any respect for him and like him, based on what he has done?
Old 3 Mar 2005, 22:42 (Ref:1241742)   #78
Touringfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
Let's remember that we are talking about the current charges being brought against Vic Lee here.

Touringfan - I am sure everyone appreciates you're point that Vic Lee has had previous convictions - but Kicking Back is correct too in that everyone is entitled to a fair trial - it applies to everyone no matter the severity of charges.

Now, I would like to see discussions regarding the motorsport side of this - not the legal side examined in depth.

Im not discussing the legal side. I'm not now discussing the current charges. I'm only referring to his previous conviction.

Some people here are stating what a good guy he is and wishing to preserve his reputation. I am asking how they can say such a thing, based on his history.

Last edited by Touringfan; 3 Mar 2005 at 22:43.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 22:46 (Ref:1241744)   #79
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringfan
Some people here are stating what a good guy he is and wishing to preserve his reputation. I am asking how they can say such a thing, based on his history.
They can say what they like if it is their opinion. I think we know what yours is, and I'm sure everyone respects that.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 22:51 (Ref:1241748)   #80
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't see much defence for dealing in hard drugs, especially for people who aren't merely dealing to fund their own habit. Vic must've knew right from wrong, and could've made his money a more honest way. The fact that he's gone into the same thing a second time, with a completely different set of accomplices and associates, makes it look especially bad. Drug USERS are often victims of circumstance, adn generally need help rather than imprisonment or condemnation, but dealers are another matter.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 22:55 (Ref:1241752)   #81
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
The fact that he's gone into the same thing a second time, with a completely different set of accomplices and associates, makes it look especially bad.

Allegedly
Old 3 Mar 2005, 22:56 (Ref:1241753)   #82
TTRMotorsport
Racer

TTRMotorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would be more inclined to think he had to do it to pay for his failing business, What happened there when did he sell up?
Old 3 Mar 2005, 22:56 (Ref:1241754)   #83
Touringfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
I don't see much defence for dealing in hard drugs, especially for people who aren't merely dealing to fund their own habit. Vic must've knew right from wrong, and could've made his money a more honest way. The fact that he's gone into the same thing a second time, with a completely different set of accomplices and associates, makes it look especially bad. Drug USERS are often victims of circumstance, adn generally need help rather than imprisonment or condemnation, but dealers are another matter.
Very well said.

At last....someone appreciates and has said better what I have been trying to say.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 22:58 (Ref:1241757)   #84
Touringfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRMotorsport
I would be more inclined to think he had to do it to pay for his failing business, What happened there when did he sell up?
He didn't sell up. He was arrested and taken away. His wife immediately closed down VLR and rented the facility out to Cirtek.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 22:58 (Ref:1241758)   #85
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringfan
Im not discussing the legal side. I'm not now discussing the current charges. I'm only referring to his previous conviction.
As touringlegend has said "Let's remember that we are talking about the current charges"

We all appreciate that you have a vested interest here but can we move on?
Old 3 Mar 2005, 23:00 (Ref:1241761)   #86
TTRMotorsport
Racer

TTRMotorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really, Oh k thanks that explains alot.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 23:29 (Ref:1241780)   #87
Touringfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
As touringlegend has said "Let's remember that we are talking about the current charges"

We all appreciate that you have a vested interest here but can we move on?
But according to the moderators we should not talk about the current charges!

Please someone make up their mind.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 23:40 (Ref:1241786)   #88
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
No, what they have said is we should not speculate on the current charges.

Please re-read touringlegend's earlier post. "Now, I would like to see discussions regarding the motorsport side of this - not the legal side examined in depth."

Speculation and rumours about the current charges are not allowed. Dragging up past events is just pointless.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 23:50 (Ref:1241796)   #89
Touringfan
Rookie

I havent speculated or used rumours. i just stated facts about his arrest and charges.

so, just let me get this straight, its ok to talk about his current charges then?
Old 4 Mar 2005, 00:58 (Ref:1241839)   #90
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't it be better (?) to close this thread? What is the use of continuing? It happened, he got caught (good thing), period. Keep drugs and related stuff out of this forum.
But this is just my humble opinion.
Old 4 Mar 2005, 06:43 (Ref:1242012)   #91
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Touringfan, we all appreciate where you are coming from and some of us have had similar experiences and might well agree with you, but you are going some way to having this topic closed. Please give it a rest for a bit and allow anyone who is not quite so emotionally involved to have an opportunity to post their thoughts.
Old 4 Mar 2005, 07:59 (Ref:1242045)   #92
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was very frustrated when I read an interview with Lee in Autosport some 12 - 18 months ago. I was as angry with Autosport as I was with Lee.

Autosport profiled his entire career, without even mentioning what happened in between his 1992 and 2000 touring car involvements. Whilst I don't want Autosport to do sensationalist reporting, it rather glossed over an important part of Lee's 'career' that most readers were already aware of.

It stunk of a PR exercise to show a reformed character, and I hope Autosport consider their strategy next time they choose to cherry-pick the facts.

Last edited by Redlake27; 4 Mar 2005 at 08:00.
Old 4 Mar 2005, 08:03 (Ref:1242049)   #93
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is an argument that he'd served his time and was a reformed character at that point and deserved a fair crack...
Clearly likely to be proved to be total cr*p now.
I think there's going to be a few people embarrased by this, Halfords, Autosport and the parents of the FBMW kiddies that were entrusted to his care...
It's a black day for motorsport and if he's found guilty, I hope he's put away for a long time. Importing misery for personal gain it's unforgivable if that's what he's done.
Old 4 Mar 2005, 08:12 (Ref:1242055)   #94
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Sadly folks, having read through this thread, I have been left with no option but to close it.

We have taken legal advice on this matter and based on the advice we have received and the conduct of certain people within this thread, we have been left with no other alternatives.

The subject of Vic Lee for the moment is off limits on Ten-Tenths. This is largely due to the postings of a few people who insist on pushing their own agenda and putting this site - and any potential legal proceedings - in jeopardy as a result.

No further threads on this will be permitted until the court case is complete. At that stage we will review the situation and see if we can resume sensible discussion.

I'm sad that it's necessary to do this, but I am not prepared to have this site brought into disrepute by a handful of users who are incapable of sensible discussion on a delicate subject - and I will not take the risk of damaging a criminal prosecution.

I will be putting this as a hot topic in the forum as well.

Anyone breaching this rule will have posting privileges removed immediately. There will be no further warnings.