Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Oct 2016, 12:17 (Ref:3680207)   #1851
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dr Ulrich just said ' no descicions have been made' so it's just a rumour. Let's hope so.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 10:41 (Ref:3682951)   #1852
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Damn, it's true no more Audi next year.
Old 26 Oct 2016, 15:48 (Ref:3683074)   #1853
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Damn, it's true no more Audi next year.
If only Nissan had started their LMP program in a proper way...
Old 26 Oct 2016, 17:37 (Ref:3683116)   #1854
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could we see a P2 on the overall podium next year? If it is 2 Porsche's, 2 Toyota's and the CLM in P1 , then it only needs three of them to have major problems and if CLM are unable to solve their reliability problems then at least one car seems likely to have issues
Old 26 Oct 2016, 17:50 (Ref:3683124)   #1855
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It must be a possibility..... If I remember rightly, someone predicted it in the predictions comp this year......
Old 26 Oct 2016, 18:02 (Ref:3683134)   #1856
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well lets see what happens, if only two porkies and two toyota's it will not be much of a race in P1 unless the aco can work on those that have withdrawn or not announced entries yet
Old 26 Oct 2016, 21:41 (Ref:3683200)   #1857
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It must be a possibility..... If I remember rightly, someone predicted it in the predictions comp this year......
I recall in a discussion with James (which you might have been in earshot of) my call for top 3 was Toyota, Rebellion, and an LMP2.

I might stick with that for 2017...

It is striking though, that from 4 big manufacturer programmes in 2015 we're now down to two pretty bare bones ones, and perhaps more striking that given the passage of time it's something I'm now pretty phlegmatic about - we've had downturns before, we'll have them again.

As I've joked with some on a birdsong related social network maybe in a couple of years we'll see a homologation special Audi R18 'GT' win and then the following year see a modded Rebellion R1 piloted by a long time unlucky fan favourite (Nicolas Minassian) miss out their last chance to bad luck, weather, and a polished performance from a sub-class runner (maybe a Honda NSX - fitting somewhat with the 1995 theme?).

Change is a certainty in life and with every sunrise the next time is one day closer.
Old 27 Oct 2016, 18:13 (Ref:3683429)   #1858
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree Ian. I was at Le Mans in 1992, the year of the 28 starters when many people (including the guys I used to go with then) decided not to bother to go as it would be a disaster and I saw a great race between Peugeot and Toyota in some of the most glorious cars I've ever seen - and heard......
Old 28 Oct 2016, 07:14 (Ref:3683543)   #1859
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i think that most of us will be there even if the field consists of old LMP2 cars and GT only, the race is only part of the experience but even with only 3 classes there will always be close battles and excitement somewhere and that can not be said of some other motor races
Old 22 Nov 2016, 19:17 (Ref:3690309)   #1860
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just ticked over..... 199 today.
Old 22 Nov 2016, 22:29 (Ref:3690353)   #1861
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Just ticked over..... 199 today.
I thought you were considerably younger than that :-)

Sean
Old 23 Nov 2016, 09:57 (Ref:3690457)   #1862
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
under 200 days to go Andrew and even less to silverstone, and tickets/accomodation already sorted.
has anyone else read the bbc article about button and alonso possibly teaming up for le mans in the future, not sure it will happen but any mention of le mans on the bbc is rare
Old 24 Nov 2016, 19:51 (Ref:3690780)   #1863
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
I thought you were considerably younger than that :-)

Sean
There are days when I don't feel it Sean........
Old 24 Nov 2016, 21:47 (Ref:3690806)   #1864
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
So far every year ACO members received a package with the poster, sticker and printed results. Anyone received it yet?
Old 25 Nov 2016, 09:04 (Ref:3690878)   #1865
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i got mine a few months after i got back, included all the stuff i collected from the aco during the race plus timing sheets etc
Old 25 Nov 2016, 19:00 (Ref:3690997)   #1866
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
None of my crew have had theirs, Tony, James or myself......
Old 25 Nov 2016, 20:53 (Ref:3691028)   #1867
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Me neither.
Old 25 Nov 2016, 21:39 (Ref:3691039)   #1868
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
So.........we wait? Can't remember exactly when it was received other years.
What is your secret Simon, looks like ACO likes you.
Old 26 Nov 2016, 15:55 (Ref:3691152)   #1869
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's got later and later as the years have gone on. 10 years ago I always had it in August, last year it was late October/early November......
Old 27 Nov 2016, 10:33 (Ref:3691350)   #1870
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Shifting it slowly to become a christmas "present"?
Old 27 Nov 2016, 18:22 (Ref:3691498)   #1871
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Maybe......
Old 5 Dec 2016, 15:10 (Ref:3693903)   #1872
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Here's a question for you guys:

Back here in the states I like flying flags at my campsite. I have an American Le Mans Series flag and a Michelin flag that are always proudly flown. Both of these flags are of the variety where they do not have the grommet holes to affix to a pole, rather they are of the sleeve variety, whereby the pole would be inserted into the sleeve on that side of the flag.

So my inexpensive, temporary flag poles that I use here are made up from plastic pvc pipes that are inserted into rebar that is hammered into the ground.

Now then. Say that I want to fly these flags while in Le Mans. I see that lots of people in the grandstands have what appear to be inexpensive, telescoping poles that are used to fly flags. This does seem to be more of a Euro-centric thing as I see them at music festivals over there too. Where does someone find these?

Basically, I am just looking for advice from anyone who has experience in flying flags over there. Where does one buy the pole, or supplies to make a pole in France?
Old 5 Dec 2016, 17:30 (Ref:3693930)   #1873
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
not really ever done that but decathlon near Tertre rouge corner will have that sort of thing i am sure
Old 5 Dec 2016, 20:04 (Ref:3693972)   #1874
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Or the big DIY store Leroy Merlin on Mulsanne straight.
Old 6 Dec 2016, 01:57 (Ref:3694039)   #1875
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, you can get PVC pipe at Leroy Merlin. It's across from the Mcdonald's at the first chicane.