Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jan 2020, 13:53 (Ref:3954398)   #2276
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It seems you pay your money, you take your choices. At least you got a good view, now we need to improve the racing. Certainly I see Abu Dhabi as more an add on to the calendar, so I don’t think much of it. I am more looking forward to tuning into Monaco and other like Australia. Others I can take or leave
Old 30 Jan 2020, 05:21 (Ref:3954499)   #2277
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looking at the f1 site and ticket prices...maybe not the thread for it but got to tix for the Chinese GP and thought 'i wouldn't pay for that'.

Maybe an over reaction, maybe still to far away but a lot of flights are already being cancelled.
Old 7 Feb 2020, 19:09 (Ref:3956338)   #2278
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The latest drone footage from Zandvoort

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpxKHYj0iqA
Old 25 Feb 2020, 18:12 (Ref:3959835)   #2279
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
More Zandvoort footage. This in road cars on the new reworked and paved circuit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbUL6DfzUQA

It's very different than current F1 tracks, so I am very curious to watch this race.

Richard
Old 27 Feb 2020, 15:35 (Ref:3960203)   #2280
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
maybe move this to the Pirelli thread or even the pre season testing thread...

in order to handle the banking, Pirelli will be developing special tires to Zandvoort.

“We made some analysis on the banking and the plan is to use these tyres with a slightly higher pressure. In preparation for that, and as we are not fully aware of everything – we don’t have final data on the circuit, on Tarmac roughness and so on – the idea is also to test a slightly different construction here [in Barcelona].

“Just the front tyres are different,” he added. “It’s working in a slightly different way, [and is] more resistant, in terms of integrity.”

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...qIxVuydDG.html

not explicitly stated, but i am assuming to avoid the issues that marred the 2005 Indy GP.

smart!
Old 27 Feb 2020, 15:47 (Ref:3960207)   #2281
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s nice they are giving this banked corner a try. Zandvoort was a great circuit back in the day, it’s been changed since then, now it’s being given a bit of character again. The drivers should cope with it. Would also show Mexico what they are missing by not using the old Peraltada.

Don’t think we would see a return of Indy 2005. That was due to a limit of tyres that season and anyway Pirelli don’t make sub standard tyres anymore. I’m sure they will play it safe if they have to
Old 4 Mar 2020, 17:22 (Ref:3961548)   #2282
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Max Verstappen did the first laps on the renovated Zandvoort circuit today with the RB7

https://twitter.com/redbullracing/st...48388200730626

Jos Verstappen and Arie Luyendijk were also present

https://twitter.com/SanderRTLNieuws/...31060096700419
Old 4 Mar 2020, 17:35 (Ref:3961552)   #2283
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Max Verstappen did the first laps on the renovated Zandvoort circuit today with the RB7

https://twitter.com/redbullracing/st...48388200730626

Jos Verstappen and Arie Luyendijk were also present

https://twitter.com/SanderRTLNieuws/...31060096700419
Had to get in there first didn't he!! 😅
Old 4 Mar 2020, 18:05 (Ref:3961560)   #2284
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
he stays fairly low for that last turn/banked corner but just a demo run...will have to wait for the actual race weekend to see how drivers attack that section.

track looks fun though.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 18:58 (Ref:3961584)   #2285
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
he stays fairly low for that last turn/banked corner but just a demo run...will have to wait for the actual race weekend to see how drivers attack that section.

track looks fun though.
Of course the tecpro barriers have not been placed yet and it will be a lot different when you try to get round with 20 cars
Old 4 Mar 2020, 21:56 (Ref:3961630)   #2286
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Of course the tecpro barriers have not been placed yet and it will be a lot different when you try to get round with 20 cars
I bet, can't wait to see that!

Verstappen will be so pumped for his 'home' race

Some of the onboards i've seen really highlight the variation in most of the corners. One of those circuits where drivers can experiment with lines?
Old 5 Mar 2020, 02:49 (Ref:3961666)   #2287
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

Verstappen will be so pumped for his 'home' race
Will he make it past the first corner?

He didn't at his "home" race last year.
Old 5 Mar 2020, 03:13 (Ref:3961669)   #2288
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Passing in the pits ..... oh joy
Old 5 Mar 2020, 13:57 (Ref:3961744)   #2289
S griffin
Veteran

Don’t worry, it won’t be like that all season
Old 5 Mar 2020, 23:25 (Ref:3961825)   #2290
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Passing in the pits ..... oh joy
Looks like a really fun circuit from a drivers POV, but my impression was the same as yours difficult/impossible to overtake on!

Hope we are wrong!
Old 5 Mar 2020, 23:27 (Ref:3961826)   #2291
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Don’t worry, it won’t be like that all season
You reckon Hamilton will lead every lap of the season?
Old 6 Mar 2020, 01:00 (Ref:3961839)   #2292
S griffin
Veteran

Nah, I think his team mate Valterri will be one to watch
Old 7 Mar 2020, 07:37 (Ref:3962084)   #2293
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Had to get in there first didn't he!! 😅
Back to Zandvoort.... Imagine questions would have been asked in very high places had it been an F1/driver of different nationality!
Old 7 Mar 2020, 09:12 (Ref:3962089)   #2294
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Back to Zandvoort.... Imagine questions would have been asked in very high places had it been an F1/driver of different nationality!
They are allowed a number of promotional and filming days every year, I am sure this is one, RBR and Max would have to be nuts not to schedule the opening of the redone Zandvoort as one of theirs.
Old 7 Mar 2020, 16:01 (Ref:3962149)   #2295
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
there is no halo on the car so it has to be an older car. hard to tell from the onboard but was it a step nose car? if so then thats a RB8 or RB9 i think? after that they started covering up that step.

those were Renault powered so would they use old power units? can't be a new Honda PU in there right.

tires i would guess are the ones Pirelli makes available for promo/filming days...but are there any restrictions on the running of a car that old? maybe someone other then Red Bull runs it?
Old 8 Mar 2020, 13:58 (Ref:3962321)   #2296
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
there is no halo on the car so it has to be an older car. hard to tell from the onboard but was it a step nose car? if so then thats a RB8 or RB9 i think? after that they started covering up that step.

those were Renault powered so would they use old power units? can't be a new Honda PU in there right.

tires i would guess are the ones Pirelli makes available for promo/filming days...but are there any restrictions on the running of a car that old? maybe someone other then Red Bull runs it?
I think it's only a couple years and then they're considered Historics and outside of the restrictions. Stroll did a lot of running with Williams in vintage cars didn't he before and during his freshman season?

We just had the 2011 150 Italia Ferrari running at Road Atlanta this weekend, loud but crazy slow in the wrong gear at turn 3 often. The 2004 with Gene was much better sounding and faster until he and then the owner binned it coming out of 8. They were running Pirellis on both cars.
Old 8 Mar 2020, 14:22 (Ref:3962323)   #2297
S griffin
Veteran

Yoong and Sato competed in the Monaco historic in 2002 to get some practice in before the GP
Old 8 Mar 2020, 18:59 (Ref:3962362)   #2298
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
They are allowed a number of promotional and filming days every year, I am sure this is one, RBR and Max would have to be nuts not to schedule the opening of the redone Zandvoort as one of theirs.
Those promotional/filming days are ony for current and last years cars, since they used a 2012 RB8 they can drive as many laps as they want.
Old 8 Mar 2020, 19:02 (Ref:3962363)   #2299
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
First crash happened at the new Zandvoort yesterday, a Porsche GT3 rolled over the barriers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEkYBFO_TMg

the track clearly is not completely ready yet
Old 8 Mar 2020, 22:23 (Ref:3962382)   #2300
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
First crash happened at the new Zandvoort yesterday, a Porsche GT3 rolled over the barriers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEkYBFO_TMg

the track clearly is not completely ready yet
Are you suggesting that the organisers let people race on a circuit that wasn’t safe to be raced on?