Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 5 Dec 2003, 07:16 (Ref:804452)   #1
Racetek
Rookie

Racetek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Legrand MK3 Formula B racing cars

I was hoping that someone out there would have some information on Legrand MK3 racing cars, especially Formula B. I am particularly keen to know the whereabouts and identities of any cars still racing or being restored. I have a fair amount of info on the company and its cars, but not much on the fortunes of the cars they made. Does anyone know if a book exists on these cars, or if anyone has kept a register.

Regards

David
Racetek
Old 13 Dec 2003, 13:45 (Ref:810935)   #2
j w davies
Rookie

j w davies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.racecarsdirect.com/cars/d...?id=7842&cat=9

a legrand mk3 for sale
Old 14 Dec 2003, 08:25 (Ref:811436)   #3
Greg Nye
Rookie

Greg Nye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi David,
Welcome to ten-tenths
I've come across the following.
LeGrand Registry
c/o Al James
11546 Rolling Hills Dr
El Cajon, CA 92020 at http://www.team.net/www/vintage-race/vfca.html and also found this page http://dsr.racer.net/chassis/legrand/history.htm. I hope they will be of some assistance to you
Old 29 Jun 2012, 04:25 (Ref:3099705)   #4
FB4ME
Rookie

FB4ME should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LeGrand MkIII B

I have recently aquired a long dormant 1965 LeGrand Formula C and am looking for knowledge and some parts. Are there any other LeGrands left that are not D Sports Racers?
Bradfordgreen@cbbain.com
Old 20 Sep 2012, 04:36 (Ref:3138846)   #5
FB4ME
Rookie

Continuation of the story LeGrand FC

The car is now completely apart and off to various shops. The frame needed some repair. The engine needed pistons but the crank and Cosworth rods are perfect. The transmission is a 6 forward speed with no reverse that was built from a 5 speed Hewland. Guess I won't want to spin and end up pointing the wrong way. I have found a pair of LeGrand rear wheels but am still looking for fronts. I also need 4 Girling Alloy calipers. This is a fun project and I am meeting some interesting folks and picking up some history here and there. Give a call or shoot me an email if you have any info or parts I might use.
Bradfordgreen@cbbain.com 206-979-fifteen o 3
Old 12 Nov 2012, 04:33 (Ref:3165372)   #6
FB4ME
Rookie

More on the LeGrand project

The frame is back and now painted light grey. It is obvious with just a little thought that the six speed without reverse doesn't make much sense for vintage racing. I am now looking for a Hewland MkIV, MkVI, or MkVII transmission. The half shafts have not turned up so I also need those. They have the 3 big fingers and a u joint at the other end. I don't know the lengh yet. Maybe one of you will go out to the garage and measure one of yours? I am ordering all new frame and suspension bolts from Spruce. Any advise on shocks and spring rates for this car?
Brad 206-nine 79-fifteen o3
Old 27 Dec 2012, 01:04 (Ref:3182113)   #7
Emunoz
Rookie

Venezuela
Caracas, Venezuela
Emunoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Check here for more info about your car:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...hlight=legrand
Old 1 Dec 2013, 06:39 (Ref:3338821)   #8
FB4ME
Rookie

Well after a good season in my Spec Miata I am back to work on the LeGrand. The engine is done and looks just great. John at AutoSport here in Seattle put it all together. He will be doing the trans next. Going with the 6 speed and found some more gear sets as well. All the suspension parts are now nickel plated, so much nicer than chrome. Found the alloy Girling calipers and they are rebuilt and on. Now I need to figure out what the rear rotors are from. I thought maybe Spridget but when Archie Hodges and I tried one the hat was too deep. Still looking for front wheels. Checked straightness tonight. All the pickup points are in the right places. Nothing bent. Had the rear uprights and front rockers crack checked. Had to do a small repair on one of the rears and resleave one lower mount. Maybe if I can stay focused it will run next year.
Brad
Old 21 Dec 2013, 05:44 (Ref:3346525)   #9
FB4ME
Rookie

LeGrand Wheels for Lotus

Well In my quest for LeGrand info and wheels I have come up with
2 11 X 13 6 lug LeGrand rears. These are in very nice condition. They say 11x13 but really they are 9.5 wide.

I also found 2 7 X 13 LeGrand 4 lug with 3 3/4 spacing. Small Triumph ? pattern used on the front of Lotii as well. Also in very nice condition. These are clearly LeGrand wheels but upon inspection the Le is missing on both wheels. This mystery goes along with another set of rears I have that are both missing the d at the end of LEGRAN. Got any clues?

I would be very happy to trade these wheels for 4 inch 4 bolt pattern LeGrand wheels. This is an IMP pattern.
Old 22 Jan 2018, 04:52 (Ref:3794242)   #10
FB4ME
Rookie

Me again...talking to myself I fear. 5 years later and the LeGrand is inside and dry but pretty much unchanged. The Spec Miata uses up all of the race car hours that I have. It is outside under a car cover for the winter and will start the first time I hit the key. Can't wait for spring!