Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 15 Sep 2008, 21:59 (Ref:2291304)   #1
AUTOLEGEND
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
AUTOLEGEND should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One year ago today, we lost Colin McRae. Here is the tribute i have finally finished.

COLIN MCRAE

Born August 5 1968
Perished September 15 2007

His Wiki Page

Colin's First Rally Cars:

Talbot Sunbeam
Vauxhall Nova
Prodrive Subaru Legacy

555 Subaru Impreza: 1995 World Rally Championship

Later Scooby years:

Those dog gone Ford Focus days:

Citroen period:

Dakar Rally effort:

Le Mans effort: 3rd place in GTS 2004

X Games Effort:

2008 Goodwood Festival of Speed tribute to the MAN.

Colin represented Great Britain/Scotland at the Race Of Champions in 1992 1995 1997 1998 2004 2005 & 2006. He was the Overall winner in 1998.

Best of friends: Colin and F1 winner David Coulthard and David's F1 helmet with Colin Tribute

He taught both MotoGP Hero Valentino Rossi and Travis Pastrana how to be good Rally drivers.

Even Colin had heros. His was Ari Vatenen

His Game:

His very own cars:

Colin McRae R4

Colin Enduro

His brother Allister at the Race of Champions tribute to Colin.

The Funeral: Colin and Johnny, his wife, daughter, and brother

His parents

Jackie Stewert and Ari Vatenen

15,000 Came to say goodbye.

Videos:

Colin Honored at the 2007 Race of Champions

Colin rolls but cant be stopped at the X games

Colin on 5TH GEAR

Colin on 5TH Gear II: Vicky Goes to the Colin McRae gathering and drives the 555 Impreza......New!

Colin on Top Gear

Colin on Jeremy Clarkson's "Master's of Speed"

Colin shows off his personal car collection: Subaru 22B, Ford Sierra, Honda 50cc

Colin Drives his R4 at the 2007 Goodwood Festival of Speed

Travis Pastrana poem to a hero

More Pics from the Colin McRae Gathering

Daddy McRae leads the pack in Colins WRC winner.

Fifth Gear's Vicky drove this Subaru Impreza Group N rally STI

Olly Clarks RCM Impreza, based on a WRC shell and built to WRC specifications for the UK Time Attack Series.

At Prodrive Center

Real Impreza police car
Old 16 Sep 2008, 06:07 (Ref:2291486)   #2
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
RIP Colin. Still can't quite believe it, to be honest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaKiA4KjZ4o&fmt=18
Old 16 Sep 2008, 14:49 (Ref:2291860)   #3
richrad smith
Racer

Scotland
30 minutes from knockhill by road
richrad smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great tribute to a Legend of motorsport who is still and always will be greatly missed
Old 19 Sep 2008, 08:13 (Ref:2293595)   #4
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks Motominded for a superb tribute. Some happy memories there that have brought a tear to my eye.
Old 19 Sep 2008, 12:14 (Ref:2293691)   #5
Coral
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
Coral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you Motominded for the beautiful tribute.
Old 19 Sep 2008, 13:36 (Ref:2293745)   #6
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Colin

Steve Tarrant (Motorsport Marshal) tribute to a great rallyiste...thanks Colin

Old 10 Nov 2008, 01:01 (Ref:2331305)   #7
Mark Smith
Racer

United Kingdom
Chester
Mark Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had been marshalling at Oulton Park the day of the accident. I put the radio on in the car on the way out of the circuit and heard the awful news. At that time they didnt say who it was, but the awful realisation soon became apparent that it was Colin's helicopter that had crashed.
I had the privilege to meet Colin in 1995 after he was crowned World Rally Champion in Chester. I took him back to the hotel in the evening after the celebrations in my taxi with David Richards. He gave me his autograph which is still in the back of my diary and will always be with me. He was a real nice guy and an awesome rally driver who always gave his best. He had so much more to give to the world of motorsport and will be so sadly missed by millions of people worldwide. RIP to Colin, his son, and the rest of his friends who were so tragically taken from us.
Old 11 Nov 2008, 07:46 (Ref:2332933)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Well done on a phenominal tribute - excellent stuff.

I was on the campground in Francorchamps at last years Belgian GP when I heard. Had just woken up with a huge hangover after a BIG night the previous evening. Was just marvelling at where the Christmas tree had come from (don't ask) when Simon took a phone call from home to break the news. It was surreal - couldn't believe it. We had a few other Brits camping near us who all came by to check if the rumours were true and were similarly shocked when we told them that they were. The thing that hit me though was when the Germans, the French and the Dutch started to come by and ask too... then you started to realise how much his loss meant to a world who loved him.

I remember when he was driving (extremely well, as it turned out) the Prodrive Ferrari at Le Mans alongside Menu and, I think, Rydell. They were in the Prodrive hospitality tent having a team briefing and, when I saw them, couldn't help but heckle Menu (as I always did whilst he was in the BTCC) as we passed. Menu wasn't amused whilst Rydell cracked a small smile. Colin, on the other hand, thought it was hilarious and, having come over to congratulate us, returned to continue taking the **** out of poor Mr Menu. Very funny!
Old 23 Nov 2008, 06:53 (Ref:2339970)   #9
Alan.F
Racer

England
Bolton
Alan.F should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
excellent tribute and well put together thank you
Old 2 Dec 2008, 00:49 (Ref:2345331)   #10
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thank you for this monumental tribute.
RIP Colin.
Old 7 Dec 2008, 16:15 (Ref:2349630)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Terrific stuff, I missed this when you first posted it.

God I miss Colin. I missed seeing him in a full time WRC drive, but to know that we will never see him again in any capacity is still gut wrenching. He used to drive for our 'local' WRC team and we'd often go to see him test along with his teammates over the years Radstrom and Sainz.

There are so many memories from his career, both exciting and heartbreaking. He held his own during a truly great era and should have had a few more titles.

But who cares, he was still the best to me.