Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 20 Feb 2018, 06:01 (Ref:3802535)   #2476
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Also the 3rd car may just be for testing remember haha
So why bother to put a livery on it.
DB has already said there is a driver to be announced.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 08:09 (Ref:3802545)   #2477
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Oh RS67 I don't know what your problem is but you seem to really want to pick comments out of context for the sake of argument about your beloved motorbase.
I would suggest maybe read a whole selection of comments before replying, you will then see I have said throughout they have 3 cars and 3 TBL, my comment here is a callback the page or so before when someone was rattling on about Jackson being replaced for testing only. And fits with other comments within that section which also reference the doubts to this third TBL.

....and it is sad that I have had to bore everyone else explaining this to you
Old 20 Feb 2018, 08:44 (Ref:3802550)   #2478
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Eurotech back to Honda power this year. I'm surprised more teams don't switch from the Swindon. It's OK for a midfielder to tailender team, but it doesn't have the cutting edge.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 08:49 (Ref:3802551)   #2479
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
delete
Old 20 Feb 2018, 08:51 (Ref:3802553)   #2480
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Eurotech back to Honda power this year. I'm surprised more teams don't switch from the Swindon. It's OK for a midfielder to tailender team, but it doesn't have the cutting edge.
New ones from NBE or TD's from last year? I imagine Honda would want new engines for the new car and with Norlin presumably re-using their Swindon units from last year there must be a couple of unit's kicking about, plus Simpson's car would come to Eurotech already sporting the K20 so would make sense for all the cars to run the same (wonder what other 'works' changes Simpson's car has following a year at TD and can be applied by Eurotech?!).
Old 20 Feb 2018, 09:02 (Ref:3802555)   #2481
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
....and it is sad that I am a bore
Get over yourself. Some of your posts are so random, it makes them hard to follow. It may make sense in your pea brain when you write it but to read.
I suggest your go back to bed and try getting up on the right side this time and try not too have too many shandy's the night before.

Last edited by RS67; 20 Feb 2018 at 09:10.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 09:03 (Ref:3802556)   #2482
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Doesn't Ingrams Toyota run the Swindon engine?
Old 20 Feb 2018, 09:04 (Ref:3802557)   #2483
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I don't think they'll have put a livery on it for testing - didn't they have two cars decked in Shredded Wheat Livery all the way back on the 11th January?

The one nearest the camera in the shot from Oly is simply the ex-Jackson car with his name/number removed.

Old 20 Feb 2018, 09:05 (Ref:3802558)   #2484
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
The Toca unit in the Eurotech cars did very well last year. Certainly outperformed the Honda engines in some races.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 09:09 (Ref:3802560)   #2485
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
New ones from NBE or TD's from last year? I imagine Honda would want new engines for the new car and with Norlin presumably re-using their Swindon units from last year there must be a couple of unit's kicking about, plus Simpson's car would come to Eurotech already sporting the K20 so would make sense for all the cars to run the same (wonder what other 'works' changes Simpson's car has following a year at TD and can be applied by Eurotech?!).
Would Simpson have bought the engine from Dynamics/NB or just rented it though. It would make more sense financially just to have rented it.

Also the car may well have some changes after they had to build up a new car for him.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 09:14 (Ref:3802562)   #2486
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
The article refers to the testing of three new units. How much life does an NGTC engine have anyway? Each car can have two engines per season - so I would expect there useable life is only about 25-30 races.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 09:17 (Ref:3802563)   #2487
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Get over yourself. Some of your posts are so random, it makes them hard to follow. It may make sense in your pea brain when you write it but to read.
I suggest your go back to bed and try getting up on the right side this time and try not too have too many shandy's the night before.
As a hint putting "haha" generally makes it an unserious comment.
If your finding it hard to follow maybe slow down and don't jump to conclusions. That's the last I'm saying on it
Old 20 Feb 2018, 09:47 (Ref:3802573)   #2488
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
As a hint putting "haha" generally makes it an unserious comment.
If your finding it hard to follow maybe slow down and don't jump to conclusions. That's the last I'm saying on it
Haha is a hidden wall with a ditch, designed to keep livestock out of a garden.
Perhaps you ought to slow down and actually think before you type. Reread a few times before hitting submit.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 09:49 (Ref:3802575)   #2489
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The article refers to the testing of three new units. How much life does an NGTC engine have anyway? Each car can have two engines per season - so I would expect there useable life is only about 25-30 races.
One engine should last all season. There is a points deduction for engine changes during the season.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 09:49 (Ref:3802576)   #2490
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guys and Girls, the majority of posts on 165 are ironic. Looks like this went over a couple of forum members heads. Cool it down, have a laugh.

"Commercially the deal works well for both parties." My interpretation of that is Eurotech has some of the Honda funds now — well done.

"This change also enables us to work with world-class lubricant manufacturer Ravenol" — Another new sponsor/partner for the team too, also well done.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 09:58 (Ref:3802583)   #2491
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
One engine should last all season. There is a points deduction for engine changes during the season.
I guess TOCA haven't updated the 2018 regulations yet?

'1.16.2 Each registered entrant is permitted to use a maximum of two engines per registered car during the course of the Championship.'

The use of a third engine will result in a penalty, not for the second.

So - the engines will be designed to last about one season in length, why would you risk carrying over an engine into a second season - especially if you are changing engine type with the other cars?
Old 20 Feb 2018, 10:06 (Ref:3802584)   #2492
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I guess TOCA haven't updated the 2018 regulations yet?

'1.16.2 Each registered entrant is permitted to use a maximum of two engines per registered car during the course of the Championship.'

The use of a third engine will result in a penalty, not for the second.

So - the engines will be designed to last about one season in length, why would you risk carrying over an engine into a second season - especially if you are changing engine type with the other cars?
Didn't realise 2 engines were allowed. I thought the original ngtc remit was for an engine to last a full season to reduce costs. That's why they retained the 2.0 capacity as opposed to the 1.6 FIA engines.
There is no reason engines can't be rebuilt once a season has finished ready for the next.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 10:10 (Ref:3802585)   #2493
Dudley
Veteran

Dudley has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So, sanity check me, is this the current understood situation.

28 driver and car combinations announced.

4 left, which consists of

1 BMR Subaru
1 Motorbase Ford
2 AmD MGs

And that's our grid?

Which means missing from last year is

1 BMR Academy Subaru
1 Maximum Motorsport Ford

The TBLs of which have expanded Cicerley and HARD?
Old 20 Feb 2018, 10:16 (Ref:3802588)   #2494
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TOCA engines all go back to Swindon at the end of the season as far as I know.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 10:18 (Ref:3802589)   #2495
BobJones
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
The TBLs of which have expanded Cicerley and HARD?
Kind of. The TBL HARD are using is from the Welch estate, previously used on loan to Motorbase for 2017.

Motorbase are using the ex-BMR TBL for 2018.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 10:19 (Ref:3802590)   #2496
BobJones
Veteran

Love how low the Alfa looks, and how close to the middle Rob is sat.

Old 20 Feb 2018, 10:40 (Ref:3802598)   #2497
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car looks smashing - but I'm really not a fan of that livery. The logos up the side look all mismatched.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 11:19 (Ref:3802604)   #2498
mickb
Rookie

mickb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Smart move using the older spec engine as well. Probably cheaper than the latest spec unit, and won't get hit with the same boost adjustments.
Could be wrong but I'am sure the new BMW engine is lighter than the old one- effectively reducing the COG, one of the main reasons the Subaru works so well. Still a good move for 1 car team wanting to feature in the point though...IMO
Old 20 Feb 2018, 11:25 (Ref:3802607)   #2499
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
When do we get to see the new Honda?
Old 20 Feb 2018, 11:54 (Ref:3802612)   #2500
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
When do we get to see the new Honda?
Sometime after they finish building it... still not done I hear!

Flash's departure looks like an inspired decision!