Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 31 Dec 2017, 11:11 (Ref:3789956)   #901
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think 888 don’t know what they are doing, they seem to have completely gone downhill, it will be interesting to see what they do now
Old 31 Dec 2017, 11:30 (Ref:3789962)   #902
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about this?
Plato likes the CC.
Geoff Kingston has gone to Hard.
Could it happen?
Old 31 Dec 2017, 11:47 (Ref:3789964)   #903
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's the thought actually! Reasonable in my opinion and would be great to see! But is it likely? I would risk saying no.
Old 31 Dec 2017, 11:49 (Ref:3789965)   #904
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I mean can you honesty see him working with Gilham? I would think very unlikely
Old 31 Dec 2017, 13:30 (Ref:3789971)   #905
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I'm not sure who owner actually is now.

Lee Mowle bought 50% of the company from Ian Harrison in 2013. Warren Scott 'bought' the company in 2016. Don't know the details of what has happened now, but it appears that there has been a dispute over payment and Mowle has effectively repossessed everything.

I don't know if that means Mowle has just the equipment, or if he now owns the entire company. I suspect probably the latter.

Suppose I should add 'allegedly' here as some of this is hearsay and conjecture.
Triple Eight is only owned by the Scott’s now (both Harrison & Mowle ceased being Directors in March 2016), but there are a few Debencher schemes in place regarding cars and equipment and from what I can see Lee Mowle still owns 2 cars (the original 2), there is another agreement between Mowle/Harrison & Warren Scott Racing (note, not BMR Racing), regarding the team, equipment & TBL’s. I imagine non-payment on these deals would see Mowle entitled to claim the cars & along with Harrison the equipment & associated TBL’s. Don’t know who actually purchased the ex-Hynes car though.

Interesting footnote, Mowles other racing team he was a Director of (Optimum Motorsport), has been voluntarily liquidated, might be a coincidence or Mowle might be joining up with another team who might well be able to run the MG’s.

Obviously there might be a lot more going on behind the scenes with this.

It should be remembered that the out of the 4 Levorg’s BMR run, 2 belong to Subaru UK & 2 to a leasing company, none belong to BMR, so we may not see all four back or at least being run by BMR!

Clear as mud.................still plenty to shake out here I think.
Old 1 Jan 2018, 07:07 (Ref:3790078)   #906
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.btcc.net - cool new look for the anniversary year!
Old 1 Jan 2018, 09:43 (Ref:3790093)   #907
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Agreed...those colours and logo are awesome

Makes you cry at the 'new' F1 logo haha
Old 1 Jan 2018, 09:56 (Ref:3790097)   #908
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
**Press Announcement**
Look out for an exclusive press announcement on Weds morning (3rd Jan) at 8am, with regards to BTC Norlin Racing's BTCC plans for 2018!!
Until then, have a safe and enjoyable New Year!! #btcnorlinracing #btcc #HNY #2018?
Old 1 Jan 2018, 10:02 (Ref:3790099)   #909
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
**Press Announcement**
Look out for an exclusive press announcement on Weds morning (3rd Jan) at 8am, with regards to BTC Norlin Racing's BTCC plans for 2018!!
Until then, have a safe and enjoyable New Year!! #btcnorlinracing #btcc #HNY #2018?
I think HARD were due to announce their 4th driver on the 3rd as well, so we could have 3 drivers announced on Wednesday...!
Old 1 Jan 2018, 14:59 (Ref:3790131)   #910
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going random again!
MG Norlin?
Old 1 Jan 2018, 15:24 (Ref:3790134)   #911
Liquoriceman
Racer

England
Lancashire
Liquoriceman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
I think HARD were due to announce their 4th driver on the 3rd as well, so we could have 3 drivers announced on Wednesday...!
Can't see Norlin changing drivers, however the Cruze is long in the tooth....

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk
Old 1 Jan 2018, 15:43 (Ref:3790137)   #912
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Triple Eight is only owned by the Scott’s now (both Harrison & Mowle ceased being Directors in March 2016)

Clear as mud.................still plenty to shake out here I think.
To muddy things a little further: being a Director of a company and the owner of a company are different things. For example I direct a company I do not own; and have previously owned companies I did not direct. I'm not saying this is the case here, I have no idea.

My money is on Norlin retaining Chris & Dave & the Chevys.

On the HARD driver; not sure at all. Possibility of Mike Epps returning - his Twitter feed references preparing a sponsorship presentation today. Maybe that is a pitch for sponsorship for some other ride though!
Old 1 Jan 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3790157)   #913
S griffin
Veteran

It’s gonna be an interesting few days, I see no reason for them to change drivers, but we’ll see
Old 1 Jan 2018, 20:28 (Ref:3790182)   #914
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
My money is on Norlin retaining Chris & Dave & the Chevys.

On the HARD driver; not sure at all. Possibility of Mike Epps returning - his Twitter feed references preparing a sponsorship presentation today. Maybe that is a pitch for sponsorship for some other ride though!
BTCN I will agree with - their social media over the last few months definitely points towards keeping Smiley and Newsham (happily!)
Cant remember anything regarding a car chance but it's been quiet enough to assume they are sticking with the Cruze - may be old but I didn't get that impression from last year (now 2017!) and it seemed to be pretty competitve. I belive BTCN are a smaller team so I would assume they wouldn't have the budget for two new cars.

Again, not sure with HARD - personally I'll think they'll bring in someone new to the series similar to Thompson. I don't think there's been enough #hashtags to suggest it's someone proven in the series! No idea where, but that would mean Epps would move to a 'higher' team - PMR is the only one I can think of that has a seat open.

Personally, I hope the MGs will be gone - too old and battered now as evidenced last year and I don't think any current team would be gaining by running them. Best case is that 888 brings in a new manufacturer deal or something like they originally did with MG but that's looking less and less likely. More realistically, if they were to run 2 of the Levorgs then that would account for HARDs extra space on the grid.

With perhaps 3 drivers this week announced and then ASI a week later, hopefully we should start getting some answers!
Old 2 Jan 2018, 09:37 (Ref:3790281)   #915
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
http://www.btcc.net - cool new look for the anniversary year!
A great start to the year, great idea and designs. Can't wait to see more.

Now, step up your digital marketing game to match, BTCC.
Old 2 Jan 2018, 10:16 (Ref:3790285)   #916
S griffin
Veteran

Yes, the 60th anniversary logo is looking great. Seems a good time to attend a race meeting again. Maybe I'll come
Old 2 Jan 2018, 12:25 (Ref:3790293)   #917
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
A great start to the year, great idea and designs. Can't wait to see more.

Now, step up your digital marketing game to match, BTCC.
Apart from the new logo and colour-scheme, the website design hasn't changed. Exact same content and layout, just an updated style-sheet.

Official forum hasn't been updated to reflect the new logo/colours, but then I'm not surprised, it's been a near ghost-town for ages.
Old 2 Jan 2018, 14:14 (Ref:3790309)   #918
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know why they have chosen thowe particular theme colours for the 60th year logos? Seems totally random...
Old 2 Jan 2018, 17:31 (Ref:3790336)   #919
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Big news tomorrow according to a Northern Irish journo on twitter. Norlin with Civics?
Old 2 Jan 2018, 17:39 (Ref:3790337)   #920
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Big news tomorrow according to a Northern Irish journo on twitter. Norlin with Civics?
At this rate half the grid will be Civics!
Old 2 Jan 2018, 18:48 (Ref:3790346)   #921
Liquoriceman
Racer

England
Lancashire
Liquoriceman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Yup, heard that too

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk
Old 2 Jan 2018, 19:33 (Ref:3790353)   #922
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Newsham in a Civic, now there could be some fireworks!
Old 2 Jan 2018, 19:44 (Ref:3790354)   #923
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Well they are somewhere other than Dynamics workshop... 😉
Old 2 Jan 2018, 21:13 (Ref:3790363)   #924
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Apart from the new logo and colour-scheme, the website design hasn't changed. Exact same content and layout, just an updated style-sheet.

Official forum hasn't been updated to reflect the new logo/colours, but then I'm not surprised, it's been a near ghost-town for ages.
Perhaps if the forum wasn't broken and allowed new members it would be more lively. I tried registering around the same time as joining up here and never got the activation email. Thought that was down to Hotmail and tried my iCloud email, still no activation email. Tried emailing the webmaster address in the contact section, bounced.

The fact that the 'newest member' has been Kelly rumary for well over a year now confirms that no one else has managed to register.
Old 2 Jan 2018, 21:47 (Ref:3790368)   #925
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
Perhaps if the forum wasn't broken and allowed new members it would be more lively. I tried registering around the same time as joining up here and never got the activation email. Thought that was down to Hotmail and tried my iCloud email, still no activation email. Tried emailing the webmaster address in the contact section, bounced.

The fact that the 'newest member' has been Kelly rumary for well over a year now confirms that no one else has managed to register.
It also has stopped notifying users when further comments are added to threads you've joined or commented on.

To be fair, it's mostly tin foil hat brigade on there, or kids arguing about drivers, cars and hurling personal insults

Basically all the worst bits of secondary school