Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 21 Oct 2012, 21:36 (Ref:3155594)   #1
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FR3.5 2013 Silly Season

Of topic but....

Da Costa was in a different class altogether as far as I can see......

If Red Bull don't replace Webber with him in 2014 I'm pretty sure someone else will snap him up.
Old 22 Oct 2012, 09:03 (Ref:3155783)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I guess this Da Costa kid will be in GP2 or even F1 next year, having not followed this series that closely, he seems a class apart!

Being Portugese isnt gonna hurt either, hardly any big motorsport stars tere so should be easier to get sponsorship in a country that admittedly is struggling but unlike a Spain, doesnt have hundreds of kids all looking for the same dollar.

Besides he is Red Bull, so will be looked after
Old 22 Oct 2012, 09:10 (Ref:3155785)   #3
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I guess this Da Costa kid will be in GP2 or even F1 next year, having not followed this series that closely, he seems a class apart!

Being Portugese isnt gonna hurt either, hardly any big motorsport stars tere so should be easier to get sponsorship in a country that admittedly is struggling but unlike a Spain, doesnt have hundreds of kids all looking for the same dollar.

Besides he is Red Bull, so will be looked after
Hard to say what AFDC will do next year. Probably FR3.5 again (Red Bull haven't put one of their drivers into GP2 since Buemi). He's been exceptional this year, especially when he's been with the Red Bull Junior Team. But I'm really not sure he's as good as Ricciardo or Vergne. One of the downsides of FR3.5 and GP3 is that he hasn't really been tested in terms of keeping his tyres alive, so in that sense GP2 would be a better move if an F1 seat isn't beckoning.
Old 22 Oct 2012, 11:11 (Ref:3155820)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i don't know if it's true that he hasn't been tested with the tyres. there is a degree of preservation that needs to be done in fr3.5 but it is fair to say it's nowhere near the kind of looking after that needs to be done in f1.

i'd like to see him stay in fr3.5 again next year. he couldn't be used as a friday free practice threatening tool by red bull if he went to gp2 so i would imagine they'd prefer to keep their options open. particularly if vergne and ricciardo end up on a short leash.
Old 22 Oct 2012, 19:21 (Ref:3156006)   #5
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WSR 2013 Silly Season

Barcelona collective test entry list released: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A51G86DCEAAcV5J.jpg:large

Interresting to see that Albert Costa will be back in a F3.5 car, fresh from his Megane Trophy title. Tuscher will be there, as predicted by bella. Same for his fellow teenage prodigy Sergey Sirotkin. Another interresting entry is Marcus Ericsson - looking to follow Bianchi's and Bird's footsteps, with a lateral move to WSR?
Old 23 Oct 2012, 13:58 (Ref:3156498)   #6
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't think it works like that @chunder. I believe Pedro Lamy is the best Portuguese driver out there and even he struggled to get backing to stay in F1 or recently to get good drive after Pug's demise. Da Costa is a star of the future, and hope he stays in FR3.5 as he is proved winner already. Glad he has that backing from Red Bull as could see him in STR in 2014 or 2015.

This year I saw that Daniil Kvyat lost his backing from LukOil, which is surprising bearing in mind his results. I believe Sainz and da Costa will be in FR3.5 and Kvyat in BF3.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 14:13 (Ref:3156503)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
IThis year I saw that Daniil Kvyat lost his backing from LukOil, which is surprising bearing in mind his results. I believe Sainz and da Costa will be in FR3.5 and Kvyat in BF3.
Sounds good....

Very strong Iberian line up in that case?

Last edited by chunterer; 23 Oct 2012 at 14:22.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 14:26 (Ref:3156511)   #8
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A Trichlorostyrene View Post
Barcelona collective test entry list released: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A51G86DCEAAcV5J.jpg:large

Interresting to see that Albert Costa will be back in a F3.5 car, fresh from his Megane Trophy title. Tuscher will be there, as predicted by bella. Same for his fellow teenage prodigy Sergey Sirotkin. Another interresting entry is Marcus Ericsson - looking to follow Bianchi's and Bird's footsteps, with a lateral move to WSR?
AFDC not on the list though?

Stockinger or Buller aren't names I thought would crop up but then they have been visible in GPLM I guess.

What's the deal with Magnussen and Stevens, following each other about is this McLaren's doing?
Old 23 Oct 2012, 14:31 (Ref:3156513)   #9
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyway, what about Richie Stanaway? I see that he's not on the list either. Has he recovered yet from the injuries he sustained in his Spa crash?
Old 23 Oct 2012, 15:26 (Ref:3156533)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
nope. he's gone home to nz, and iirc will be testing in the new year. would really like to see him and sorensen back at lotus next year, they were one of the quickest and most promising team line-ups this season.

i don't really think da costa needs to test at this point i don't recall vergne or ricciardo doing the post-season tests until the pre-season ones, if that makes sense.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 15:31 (Ref:3156536)   #11
BackmarkerUK
Racer

England
BackmarkerUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Alexander Rossi is going to GP2 next year as expected, who will represent Caterham in the Arden Caterham marriage (presuming Antonio Felix da Costa gets a seat thanks to Red Bull connections)?
Old 23 Oct 2012, 15:54 (Ref:3156550)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
the arden/caterham combination always seemed like a marriage of convenience to me, i don't see why it'd continue now there's no direct need.

i wonder whether red bull have ever considered having a full-on red bull junior team in fr3.5? arguably now would be a good time if sainz jnr is testing the car with a view to next year...
Old 23 Oct 2012, 16:01 (Ref:3156556)   #13
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Check out the times KM and co managed to produce, am I wrong by saying it's a record breaking lap time for junior formula at Catalunya? That would be huge PR stunt for FR3.5.

A lot of good drivers on the market we'll see how it pans out. @bella question would be which team would Red Bull sign up to oversee their proteges. Carlin, Arden, Fortec?
Old 23 Oct 2012, 17:50 (Ref:3156602)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i don't really take testing times too seriously. but regardless, it's really quick, isn't it?

*if* red bull were going to go for a team right now, surely it'd be arden? i have one other suggestion but that just makes a bit too much sense, and you know what the rules are about motorsport and making sense
Old 23 Oct 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3156646)   #15
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would someone be able to post the testing times in here please?
I can't see them on the official site and I can't read them on Autosport without paying (not impressed with Autosport anymore).

Thanks in advance
Old 23 Oct 2012, 21:05 (Ref:3156694)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
you can find them on the series timing website along with live timing:

http://intranetwsr.alkamelsystems.com/

i've attached today's times though - kevin magnussen put the speed down to the weather being perfect which is a fair point. it was either wet or blowing an absolute hooly all weekend.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 06_combinedclassification_collective_test-28.pdf (81.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 23 Oct 2012, 21:10 (Ref:3156697)   #17
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=37779&cat=5

http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=37774&cat=5

edit: gold medal goes to bella :P
Old 24 Oct 2012, 11:20 (Ref:3156957)   #18
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
Check out the times KM and co managed to produce, am I wrong by saying it's a record breaking lap time for junior formula at Catalunya? That would be huge PR stunt for FR3.5.
27.7 was Bianchi's pole in 2010, but it's already easily faster than the current GP2 car. I think 25 is the record in testing with the old GP2 car, too lazy to check, but 2010 race weekend was hot! Hamilton's pole this year was 21.7, so Magnussen's 28.7 is very good around such a demanding track.

These are the times from this morning: https://twitter.com/WSR_Live/status/.../photo/1/large
Surprised to see Ignazio D'Agosto testing...

Last edited by ivanalesi; 24 Oct 2012 at 11:26.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 11:58 (Ref:3156971)   #19
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
looking forward to seeing what stoffel vandoorne can do with a 3.5 next season. he drove some superb races this season, both out in front and fighting back from the blunt end of the field. not sure he'd be immediately quick but he'd definitely get there fairly soon. imo he's similar to sorensen in that respect.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 12:21 (Ref:3156987)   #20
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for posting the times guys, I genuinely didn't see them on the official site - need to open my eyes a bit more next time

Good to see some some new names aquitting themselves well.
Hadn't heard of Schiro or D'Agosto before now but Google helped with that
Salaquarda testing is a bit of a surprise (or not, as ISR is the team his Dad owns), is he planning a return or just keeping the seat warm for the test?

Edit: Also good to see AV Formula doing nicely, Valles was always a good chap. Hope his team get the green light to compete next year.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 12:55 (Ref:3157000)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
salaquarda is keeping the seat warm, italiaracing quotes (well, paraphrases) him as saying that he's basically doing it for laughs.

av will be competing next year. they just bought *everything* from rfr. i find that interesting - it's a pain in the arse to try and get an entry through the normal processes, but it's easy if you've got the cash and someone's looking to take what's left of their money and run.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 13:15 (Ref:3157007)   #22
BackmarkerUK
Racer

England
BackmarkerUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's interesting that Adrián Vallés has given up on his F1 dream already and moved into team management at only 26. Trying to be the next Christian Horner/Adrián Campos, it seems! Where's his money coming from, personal wealth, or is someone else bankrolling this?
Old 24 Oct 2012, 13:27 (Ref:3157009)   #23
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
not sure - he's always had good backing in his driving career but there's no sign of a sponsor anywhere. let's face it, a bank wouldn't lend that sort of money for any reason now without some serious guarantees in terms of owners properties and assets and interest.

the figure i've heard would mean he paid a real minimum for the entry itself considering all the equipment and truck and all that was included. that either says a lot for how quick the russians wanted rid of the team or how little the entry to the series is actually worth to potential teams and 'businessmen'.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 15:11 (Ref:3157053)   #24
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
salaquarda is keeping the seat warm, italiaracing quotes (well, paraphrases) him as saying that he's basically doing it for laughs.

av will be competing next year. they just bought *everything* from rfr. i find that interesting - it's a pain in the arse to try and get an entry through the normal processes, but it's easy if you've got the cash and someone's looking to take what's left of their money and run.
That's cool, when I read about it they were only in for the test "with a view" to racing in 2013.
Hopefully they have enough backing (wherever it's coming from) that they won't need pay drivers, hopefully speed will be foremost in their minds
Old 24 Oct 2012, 15:40 (Ref:3157068)   #25
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
they'll be there. you don't buy out an entire team without the intention of competing for at least a season

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3.5 press release
Adrian Valles, AV Formula Team Principal: “It’s a great day for AV Formula. We’re on the way to building a solid team, the idea being for us to get up there quickly with the leading outfits. I always drove to win and it’s the same here now I’m in charge of my own team. We’d also love to compete in Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0, though nothing’s been sorted out yet.”
i've got my doubts about another team, but i don't know where they're at with finding a buyer.