Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 Jun 2002, 17:09 (Ref:310759)   #1
gav2170
Rookie

gav2170 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
World cup at Le Mans

Does anyone know if they are planning to show any of the World cup games at the circuit - or will they still be sulkingh following their team's embarrassing exit
Old 11 Jun 2002, 17:20 (Ref:310769)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now is not the time to gloat, I fear! Time for a spot of the entente cordiale. After all, we're not through yet........

As far as TV goes, they've certainly shown it on a big screen before and I would have thought that if they had made plans to do it again, these might remain unscathed by the disappointing outcome for the French. But I don't really know and I probably won't be missing any of the race to watch......
Old 11 Jun 2002, 18:00 (Ref:310813)   #3
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the technically minded campers, Leroy Merlin have satellite dishes and decoders available from €58. With a bit of cable, some F connectors, a scart connector and a TV you can tune in to French TV and see all the footie you want. Sadly it will be in black and white on a British TV, but it will work. You will of course need to find the satellite and keep the dish still and pointing at it!

But for €58 the kit is a throw-away!

FG
Old 11 Jun 2002, 19:01 (Ref:310861)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
We're not disapointed at this point... Bravo for English team qualification !
Old 11 Jun 2002, 19:35 (Ref:310908)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
Sadly it will be in black and white on a British TV

FG
No doubt a very silly question (humour me!). Why is this?
Old 11 Jun 2002, 19:35 (Ref:310909)   #6
hgb
Racer

hgb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sorry for the French team. The German one will be playing on saturday morning. So, I miss that one because I will be on the way to La Sarthe at this time. Any chance to watch it on video when I arrive ? Please...
Old 11 Jun 2002, 19:43 (Ref:310917)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But we do have Ireland playing on Sunday lunch time and hopefully England will play over the weekend too. Does any one reckon RLM will give score updates over the weekend.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 19:47 (Ref:310926)   #8
hgb
Racer

... btw, I offer real German beer.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 19:51 (Ref:310931)   #9
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If RLM do not, then Kpy's bacon buttie bar will.

I think last time RLM did give updates.

Simon
Old 11 Jun 2002, 19:57 (Ref:310942)   #10
hgb
Racer

Kpy, can you be so nice and tape the German game for me. I'll wash the dishes if do. Please let me know. I'll be here until saturday morning.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 20:47 (Ref:311001)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It seems to me that several visits to Kpy's place are going to be de rigueur this coming week-end!!

Last edited by Aysedasi; 11 Jun 2002 at 20:48.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 20:51 (Ref:311003)   #12
hgb
Racer

Oh certainly, it'll be a whole group of dish washers.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 20:58 (Ref:311011)   #13
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by hgb
Oh certainly, it'll be a whole group of dish washers.
Oh no, not the washing up, I have only been home from uni 2 days and my mother has me washing up all the time, I am going to Le Mans to escape it.....................
Old 11 Jun 2002, 21:04 (Ref:311017)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones

Oh no, not the washing up
I know. awful isn't it. Loading the machine, pressing the button, unloading the machine again..... I sometimes wonder why I put myself through it......

Old 11 Jun 2002, 21:13 (Ref:311036)   #15
hgb
Racer

Eh, you upset me boys. I'll drive a 500 miles for doing the wash up and all you do is getting funny or what ? It's getting close. Have a whale, you all. Weeeheeee.
Old 11 Jun 2002, 21:20 (Ref:311049)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
U2, mon ami.
Old 12 Jun 2002, 05:15 (Ref:311251)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Everybody's laughing in France nowadays, we're -really -tired of the arogance of our own papers - and players - here... good thing we've losed, hope we'll be more modest next time !

So congratulations for English and German teams again, we'll support them next round !

Forgot to say : hope Pesca and Courage will do better !
Old 12 Jun 2002, 08:54 (Ref:311316)   #18
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi

No doubt a very silly question (humour me!). Why is this?
The colour coding put on the signal is PAL for most satellite transmissions, but SECAM for most French analogue transmissions from their Telecom satellites. This means that a British TV will pick up the B&W signal but won't understand the colour which is put on top of it.

FG
Old 12 Jun 2002, 09:51 (Ref:311353)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I had a sneaking suspicion you were going to say something like that........

Cheers!
Old 12 Jun 2002, 10:00 (Ref:311358)   #20
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't forget Fab that "Les Bleus haven't actually qualified properly for the last three world cups......
Old 12 Jun 2002, 12:12 (Ref:311489)   #21
gav2170
Rookie

gav2170 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
World cup

At least the England game. Doesn't clash with the race now!
13.30 kikck off on Saturday.

Lets hope they show it on the big screen. Normally quite a few Danes at Le Mans which should make a good atmosphere.

I remember watching the Germany game at a fantastic bar in the town square - very good friendly atmosphere. Does anyone know any good places if they do not show it on a big screen?
Old 12 Jun 2002, 13:13 (Ref:311551)   #22
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Well yes the game does clash with the race, or the build up and driver introductions. They said early on Radio Le Mans, they where finding out if was going to be shown on a big screen.
Old 12 Jun 2002, 15:38 (Ref:311700)   #23
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
Don't forget Fab that "Les Bleus haven't actually qualified properly for the last three world cups......
Oh, don't worry, I don't forget !

But for me, "les bleus" means Courage team !

Last edited by Fab; 12 Jun 2002 at 15:38.