Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Jun 2002, 10:22 (Ref:314857)   #51
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kinda reminds you of 2000, all these punctures!!

Its keeping it interexting but it still isn't enough to stop those bloomin Audis!!

COME ON BENTLEY!!!!!!

Morgans been retired, engine problem.

Last edited by paulzinho; 16 Jun 2002 at 10:30.
Old 16 Jun 2002, 10:38 (Ref:314865)   #52
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big shame about Panoz no 11 car , but after that all night rebuild i suppose they were lucky to be in the rcae in the first place .

I just wonder if the No 1 Audi can go through the last 3 1/2 hours without a problem . It will be impressive if it can , but entertaining if it cant .

Thats what i love about Le Mans , It can all happen in the last hour so you can never count on anything.
Old 16 Jun 2002, 14:12 (Ref:314929)   #53
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Morgan retired with woodworm
Old 16 Jun 2002, 14:31 (Ref:314934)   #54
mgilvey
Rookie

mgilvey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still think they were just sandbagging.
Old 16 Jun 2002, 14:57 (Ref:314945)   #55
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1-2-3 for Audi (I was hoping for the Herbert car to win, but alas), and Bentley in 4th. Considering there were only two factory Audis last year, Bentley are on roughly the same level this year as they were last year, performance-wise. Can they up their game and challenge for the win next year? I hope so!
Old 16 Jun 2002, 15:02 (Ref:314947)   #56
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Depends of Audi return, and how many cars they field. I think it would be sensible for Audi to 'retire' on a high; they can't win anything more; but as for how many Bentley's next year? I doubt three, but I think they'd be foolish to only field 1.

Enough of the future - I'm incredibly impressed by the MG's initial performance, all they needed was reliabity. They're not in as an MG team next year, are they - I think Martin Haven talked about Lola taking over in full? (mind you - does anyone believe what Martin Haven says? )

And, of course, biggest story/shame of the race: that Reynard WR!! I think it did lose its class lead in technically the final lap didn't it? How must they feel?
Old 16 Jun 2002, 15:08 (Ref:314949)   #57
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You've gotta feel for the WR team! So close to the end!

As for MG I think they should come back but it seems as though they only had 2 years in mind. Bentley, best of the rest again when it came to the end, next year hopefully at least two or three cars!!!

And what a way to celebrate across the line from Pirro!! Brilliant!

And on a personal note, they read out my e-mail on Radio Le Mans.... WAAAHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Old 16 Jun 2002, 16:56 (Ref:314997)   #58
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know where the car Jordi Gené was driving? Heard he would have to drive 14 hours...
Old 16 Jun 2002, 18:30 (Ref:315024)   #59
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Positions after 24 hours
Pos Driver Team Car Time
1 Biela/Kristensen/Pirro Audi Sport Team Joest, Audi R8, 375 laps
2 Capello/Herbert/Pescatori Audi Sport Team Joest, Audi R8, 374 laps
3 Krumm/Peter/Werner Audi Sport North America, Audi R8, 372 laps
4 Wallace/Leitzinger/van de Poele Bentley EXP Speed 8, 362 laps *
5 Beretta/Lamy/Comas Team ORECA, Dallara-Judd LMP, 359 laps
6 Sarrazin/Montagny/Minassian Team ORECA, Dallara-Judd LMP, 359 laps
7 Ara/Dalmas/Katoh Team Goh Audi, Audi R8, 358 laps
8 Lammers/Hillerbrand/Coronel Racing for Holland, Dome S101, 351 laps
9 Taylor/Angelli/Tinseau Team Cadillac, Cadillac 345 laps
10 Bouillon/Lagorce/Bourdais Pescarolo Sport, Courage-Peugeot C60 343 laps
*GTP class leader

GTS leader
11 Fellows/O'Connell/Gavin, Corvette Racing Chevrolet Corvette, 335 laps

LMP675 leader
17 Deletraz/Lechner/Pillon, Noel del Bello Racing, Reynard-VW, 317 laps

GT leader
16 Buckler/Lohr/Bernhard, The Racers Group, Porsche 911 GT3-RS, 322 laps

#28 03:07:00 WITHDRAWAL : GEARBOX (Jordi's car)
Old 16 Jun 2002, 19:30 (Ref:315042)   #60
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I enjoyed that over the last 24 hours . Wanted Herbert to get his 2nd win there , but good result none the less.
Old 16 Jun 2002, 19:44 (Ref:315052)   #61
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does anyone where i can get fastest lap times for each driver?
Old 16 Jun 2002, 19:53 (Ref:315058)   #62
MGF
Racer

MGF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, a very good result. Hats off to the Audi boys, and indeed Bentley.

Really gutted for MG because, and lets be fair here, they really were the only threat to Audi. Well done messers Blundell, Reid et al. It would be nice to see the Factory cars back for 2003, but with the new reg's for 675, you can understand them not entering. Besides, if they develope the X80 for GT category, and there is a return to the GT1 days, then we could yet see an MG coming home first overall.

That aside, I think that they did very well indeed (apart from not finishing) and they should be very proud of their acheivment.

Lets not forget that a little over 2 years ago MG were going to be condemed to history by their previous owners.

But, let us look forward to next year now, with the possibilty of 3 Bentley's, non-Factory Audi Domination, the Return of Porsche amongst the 'Big Boys', we could be looking at the return of true Multi-manufacturer participation.

In short could be wide open!!

Last edited by MGF; 16 Jun 2002 at 19:54.
Old 16 Jun 2002, 20:59 (Ref:315094)   #63
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whats this porsche rummour ive read about? is it nothing more than "porsche might be back in 03?"

btw - i bet pescarolo would be faster if he got a 905 v10 and slaped some turbos on that instead of using a production engine
Old 16 Jun 2002, 22:34 (Ref:315124)   #64
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
Positions after 24 hours
Pos Driver Team Car Time
1 Biela/Kristensen/Pirro Audi Sport Team Joest, Audi R8, 375 laps
I just wanted point out that in the "how many laps" thread the highest number predicted (by a significant margin) was 376 by me.

I'd go gloat in that thread, but it's closed.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 17 Jun 2002, 08:30 (Ref:315222)   #65
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Asp
that Reynard WR
Actually, the WR chassis is built by Welter Racing Team, it's not a Reynard. But it losed against the ROC Reynard Lehmann, in the last lap...

Both are french teams.

Noel Del Bello (Reynard Lehmann Team Chief) would like to race next year with "red cars" (understand : Ferrari !)

Last edited by Fab; 17 Jun 2002 at 08:32.
Old 18 Jun 2002, 15:06 (Ref:316165)   #66
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordi
Does anyone know where the car Jordi Gené was driving? Heard he would have to drive 14 hours...
I believe he was in the ROC Reynard.
Old 18 Jun 2002, 15:15 (Ref:316172)   #67
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by FastJoel31
I believe he was in the ROC Reynard.
He was in the n°28 Reynard Roc, and withdrawed... last year, they won the category, ending at 5th overall...