Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Jun 2002, 21:48 (Ref:314597)   #26
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

After one lap... really two races : the Audi, and the others...
Old 15 Jun 2002, 21:51 (Ref:314598)   #27
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Weather : nice and quite hot...

Nice light at sunset...

And the Vaillante was still here !
Old 15 Jun 2002, 21:52 (Ref:314599)   #28
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
OK, I've to admit my news are not very fresh, but sorry, I'm just back from the track...

Thinking of you, pals, who are still home...

Great day this day !

See you tomorrow ! Cheers !
Old 15 Jun 2002, 21:57 (Ref:314600)   #29
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Home?

GET BACK TO THE TRACK!!!!!

No time for home!! Or sleep!! Theres a race going on!!!
Old 15 Jun 2002, 22:05 (Ref:314605)   #30
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Safety Car at the moment apparantly theres a fire somewhere, don't know who or where though!
Old 15 Jun 2002, 22:11 (Ref:314607)   #31
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
Knighthawk MG caught fire coming out of the Playstation chicane. Sorry for "bitty" info!
Old 15 Jun 2002, 22:39 (Ref:314614)   #32
Evil Fuzzy
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
Evil Fuzzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too bad we lost the #30 Lola Mg of Knighthawk racing. The car has caught fire on the Hunaudières straight.
And now it seems that the #26 Mg which was going so well in fourth place has stopped on the side of the circuit. It seems to have lost drive.
Old 15 Jun 2002, 23:27 (Ref:314638)   #33
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Argh! That's the Reid/Hughes/Kane MG, my fav one! Please god let it heal itself!!
Old 15 Jun 2002, 23:30 (Ref:314639)   #34
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by R
Not being an expert on the sportscar scene, I'd like to ask the following question: Why is Bentley so far off the pace this year compared to last? Last year was their comeback year (I think), and they were great then.
on Eurosports coverage, Martin Haven mentioned that the Bently was the only car in it's certain class (can't remember what that class was, sorry) and it only had to finish to win that class, maybe they've down graded the car or something and thats the reason for the difference in speed?
Old 15 Jun 2002, 23:33 (Ref:314640)   #35
rick vaux
Racer

rick vaux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poss MG cluch problem again, not cured from warm up...
Old 15 Jun 2002, 23:55 (Ref:314650)   #36
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
I cant believe the bad luck that the Audi no2 car is having with puntures .
i can believe it, Johnny "mr unlucky" Herbert is in that car! there was abit of good news for the no2 car as the no1 car also got a puncture!
Old 16 Jun 2002, 00:06 (Ref:314655)   #37
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Transmission failure on the #26 MG seemingly...
Old 16 Jun 2002, 01:24 (Ref:314689)   #38
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v

on Eurosports coverage, Martin Haven mentioned that the Bently was the only car in it's certain class (can't remember what that class was, sorry) and it only had to finish to win that class, maybe they've down graded the car or something and thats the reason for the difference in speed?
The class in question is LM GTP I think, and the cars here are closed and have 14" wheels instead of the 16" ones the LMP 900 class use.
Old 16 Jun 2002, 01:45 (Ref:314696)   #39
mgilvey
Rookie

mgilvey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened with the "Baddy" car. Any additonal news?
Old 16 Jun 2002, 01:49 (Ref:314698)   #40
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes the "Leader" is out, site says:

#22, withdrawn at 10:56:00, driver McCARTHY P., Stands (0), WITHDRAWAL : PROPELLER OUT

Good to see the #6 Caddy up to 5th. RFH Dome up to 7th. Surprised to see the Morgan still going.
Late night at Le Mans!

Last edited by FastJoel31; 16 Jun 2002 at 01:53.
Old 16 Jun 2002, 02:01 (Ref:314705)   #41
mgilvey
Rookie

I got to go for a ride with Wayne Taylor, but not in the race car.

I can't beleive the Morgan is still in...looks like this is going to be like the story of the tortous and the hare. I told RLM earlier that they were just sandbagging.
Old 16 Jun 2002, 02:53 (Ref:314734)   #42
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Prodrive Ferrari 550 has just retired down at the Porsche Curves with Alain Menu at the wheel, I think it something to do with the Oil system.

And the Bentley has been into the gravel on it's way in the pit lane.
Old 16 Jun 2002, 06:07 (Ref:314785)   #43
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
Home?

GET BACK TO THE TRACK!!!!!

No time for home!! Or sleep!! Theres a race going on!!!

Sorry, I like my confort !

Well, some family obligations made us back home before to go back this morning...

Well, it didn't change a lot for Audi, I'm afraid...

After the sister cars, the sister races : looks like 2000'...

7 seconds between the best Audi lap and the best Dallara lap... and we're still arguing...

Waiting for 2003 : should be Bentley's year definitely !

On the track, easy to see the difference : the Audi are easy everywhere... too easy...

I go back on the track and will keep on this evening...
Old 16 Jun 2002, 06:10 (Ref:314786)   #44
mgilvey
Rookie

Well I don't know. Now that Porsche has successfully built up business for Audi with all these wins, I'm wondering if Porsche might come back and pull Audi.
Old 16 Jun 2002, 07:40 (Ref:314796)   #45
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Audi No 2 has just got ANOTHER punture this morning .

Capello just done a triple stint and on his in lap got a blow out near the end of the Mulsanne , lost more time on his slow in lap than he made up on the whole of his stint .

Johnny back in the car now . They said that the No 1 car hasnt had any puntures yet ....can anyone confirm this ?

What happened to the Panoz of Brabham Magnussen and Herta ?......anyone know
Old 16 Jun 2002, 07:46 (Ref:314798)   #46
mgilvey
Rookie

That's a good question. It's not on the victims list.
Old 16 Jun 2002, 08:03 (Ref:314805)   #47
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The #11 Panoz hasn't been out racing for many, many hours and realistically is retired in all but name. It never really recovered after the enforced complete rebuild on Friday following a major fire during qualifying.

As I write the Morgan has been in its pit for an hour and a quarter - Lets hope they make it back out it's been a brilliant effort by the whole team.
Old 16 Jun 2002, 08:07 (Ref:314807)   #48
Evil Fuzzy
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
Evil Fuzzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The nr. 11 Panoz has just been sent out again with Brian Herta at the wheel.
There's now a bit controversy, because the car has completed less then 3/4 (I think it is, could be 2/4 or 1/4) of the distance of the leading car. And according to the rules cars aren't allowed to be sent out then. But the marshalls let the car leave the pits.

Last edited by Evil Fuzzy; 16 Jun 2002 at 08:10.
Old 16 Jun 2002, 08:08 (Ref:314808)   #49
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Although bizarrely the car has just emerged and has lapped at least once - Paul Truswell however believes that the car has been excluded.
Old 16 Jun 2002, 10:10 (Ref:314853)   #50
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
Johnny back in the car now . They said that the No 1 car hasnt had any puntures yet ....can anyone confirm this ?
the no 1 car has now had a puncture,(and engine problems in the pits which took 3 minutes to fix!!) Johnny in the no 2 car is back on the lead lap and closing.

in reference to all the punctures, the Eurosport commentators were saying yesterday that the run off's were made up of stones this year, as opposed to gravel! (maybe an attempt to make it more unpredictable?)