Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 1 Feb 2003, 23:47 (Ref:493334)   #1
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How do you take screenshots?

that's the question, now roll in the answers!
Old 2 Feb 2003, 00:06 (Ref:493353)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Print screen button.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 00:13 (Ref:493357)   #3
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where do they go?
Old 2 Feb 2003, 00:13 (Ref:493359)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Go what?
Old 2 Feb 2003, 00:17 (Ref:493366)   #5
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Where do the pictures go? It's a fair enough question, i should think.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 00:19 (Ref:493367)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

You just go to replay (fullscreen is best), pause on the moment of desire with the desired camera angle, push 'print screen' button, save replay, exit GPL, open paintprogram (adobe photoshop 6.0 is what i use) open new thingy, paste it into the thingy, crop to the desired size, save whereever you want to keep it et voilÃ*, a screenshot!

A fair enough answer, i should think.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 2 Feb 2003 at 00:20.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 00:40 (Ref:493379)   #7
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally posted by ®îjñtjûh
A fair enough answer, i should think.
Certainly.
Attached Thumbnails
untitled.jpg  
Old 2 Feb 2003, 01:07 (Ref:493388)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Much easier with free software like Howies Quick Screen Print.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 10:20 (Ref:493646)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you're interested, you'll find it at

http://www.howiesfunware.com

Best screenshot utility I've ever used. You can take as many pics as you like without leaving the replay. It stores them in a file of your choice for later editing and makes a nice camera-shutter sound to let you know you've taken a screenie! And it's free - what could be better!
Old 2 Feb 2003, 11:31 (Ref:493693)   #10
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've tried the printscreen button, cos thats what you did in NFS2, but in GPL i could never find the screenshots that i' dtaken, so i assumed that it wasn't happening, but to make life easier i've downloaded that Howies thingy
Old 2 Feb 2003, 13:04 (Ref:493745)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well done - let me know what you think.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 13:40 (Ref:493771)   #12
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
It's good, first time i tried it ,i didn't realise it had to be open, but i've got some good shots now that i've opened it.
Old 3 Feb 2003, 22:06 (Ref:495437)   #13
captain crunch
Racer

captain crunch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone know how to take screenghots for nascar3 or colin mcrae 1 on the pc?
Old 3 Feb 2003, 22:48 (Ref:495494)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As I said to pirenzo, cap'n, I'd use Howies - just run it in the background and take as many as you like. It's free, after all!!!
Old 3 Feb 2003, 22:51 (Ref:495500)   #15
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I'd like to know is how to post screens on the site?
Old 4 Feb 2003, 07:43 (Ref:495786)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Here? Just take your shot, crop it with whatever photoprog you have (I have Photoshop), size it to 400x400 or under and add it to your reply in the usual way.

When you say "the site" - if you mean the TTFL site itself, you'll have to ask Spud.
Old 4 Feb 2003, 16:45 (Ref:496264)   #17
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
heres another question - how do I take screenshots in DOS?
Old 4 Feb 2003, 16:47 (Ref:496269)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
DOS? Hells bells, I haven't used DOS for years. (Except when using F-disk and format on my old pc upstairs). Sorry, I have no idea.
Old 4 Feb 2003, 18:20 (Ref:496353)   #19
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I mean here, do I have to upload the picture somewhere first?
Old 4 Feb 2003, 19:37 (Ref:496452)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No. Just make sure the file doesn't exceed the maximum file size of 102400 bytes and is no more than 400x400 pixels. (I always crop mine to 390 pixels along the longest edge - to be sure). You then go to the "proper" reply screen (not the Quick Reply) and the "Attach File" option. Then you browse in the usual way to the location of the pic on your HD. Submit your reply in the usual way and hey presto. If the pic fails to attach for any reason, you will be told!
Old 4 Feb 2003, 20:12 (Ref:496480)   #21
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Ok lets see if it works:
Attached Thumbnails
the glen.jpg  
Old 4 Feb 2003, 20:15 (Ref:496484)   #22
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
I think it's worked .
Old 5 Feb 2003, 08:49 (Ref:497023)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Very well indeed, I'd say!
Old 6 Feb 2003, 22:19 (Ref:498919)   #24
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
ok so whilst taking screenshots has been going well, the racing hasn't