Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Oct 2012, 19:15 (Ref:3146747)   #26
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You have a valid point about the money Maldonado has brought in, but regardless of this I don't agree with a driver being made to move because he wasn't bringing in any cash. Many people, reportedly a few of the staff at Williams included thought he deserved a second consecutive season.
Old 5 Oct 2012, 20:17 (Ref:3146770)   #27
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
to be fair to Hulk do we know if it was him or his former manager Willi Weber refusing to bring cash to Williams? what we do know is that after one year sitting on the bench, Hulk has no manager and seemingly has a very different opinion about his place in F1.

either way, i would also throw a fit if i was told that either i come up with 30mil or get replaced.
Old 5 Oct 2012, 20:46 (Ref:3146789)   #28
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
What about Sutil? They dropped him and said his performances weren't the best. Well neither was their car, and tbf the F-I this year isn't at the front either. They going to say his performances weren't the best and drop him too?
To be fair Sutil had been around for about a hundred years and was outshone by a rookie. Sutil was unlikely to take a step up in improvement.

The problem is teams deciding that they can really only run one car because of the emphasis on the drivers' title over the constructors'. Only Merc and Fauxtus next season will have two real drivers, as opposed to an ace and a patsy. And the aces are all young enough to have another decade with their teams. It's going to take something special, or tragic, to remove them...
Old 5 Oct 2012, 20:50 (Ref:3146792)   #29
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Didn't realise Mal brought that much for his F1 ride, that's ridiculous. Funny because he seems to be now deserve a place on the grid anyway, on his outright pace when he actually finishes a race.

I'd agree Di Resta and Hulk would both be better than Massa at Ferrari, but I'd definitely pick Perez over either of them. I see Ferrari keeping Massa again though. I wonder what Ferrari will do if they don't get Vettel in 2014. Stuck with Massa again? lol
Old 5 Oct 2012, 20:54 (Ref:3146795)   #30
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A Trichlorostyrene View Post
To answer the question "is Paul the forgotten man of F1", wouldn't it be rather Sutil... or Alguersuari... or, even, Buemi...? Looked to be Hulkenberg for a little while too...
López and Guerrieri are the forgotten men of F1, but unfortunately they don't have enough backing from the Government or the now-nationalized YPF to pay the bills...
Old 5 Oct 2012, 20:56 (Ref:3146797)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
I wonder what Ferrari will do if they don't get Vettel in 2014.

Err, choose someone else? He's not the only driver out there capable of challenging for a WDC in a Ferrari..... Heck, I reckon even some of ensign14's 'patsies' could do that........
Old 5 Oct 2012, 21:11 (Ref:3146804)   #32
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always find it somewhat amusing when the local paper that used to come here would call Paul Di Resta, the "Bathgate Bullet."

Anyway I'd like to see Di Resta in another team sometime soon. Unless Force India plan on doing a title challenge I'm not sure how he could develop. Sauber perhaps?
Old 5 Oct 2012, 22:47 (Ref:3146848)   #33
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Anyway I'd like to see Di Resta in another team sometime soon. Unless Force India plan on doing a title challenge I'm not sure how he could develop. Sauber perhaps?
I have to say that I was surprise that he's been left sitting at Force India, the move from DTM to F1 screamed of his being groomed for F1. Mercedes putting him in one of the lesser teams that use their engines, to gain experience before bringing him into the fold at the full Mercedes team.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 5 Oct 2012 at 22:48. Reason: Reads better with punctuation
Old 6 Oct 2012, 07:31 (Ref:3146943)   #34
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Err, choose someone else? He's not the only driver out there capable of challenging for a WDC in a Ferrari..... Heck, I reckon even some of ensign14's 'patsies' could do that........
Indeed, two of them did.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 08:18 (Ref:3146962)   #35
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He has to be the most interviewed driver by BBC & SKY. I think once Hulk got a few races under his belt he has surged just as DiResta had some bad luck with failed KERS etc. I think ultimately they seem very close but i personally i would like to see DiResta race and defend position a little more often vs his mid field team view of not defending against quicker cars as he cant afford to lose pace defending. Wont fly when he gets in a top 3 team and i want to see how hard he can race.

He does seem to race very fair in close proximity to others
Old 6 Oct 2012, 08:24 (Ref:3146968)   #36
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not so sure that di Resta and Hulkenberg wouldn't do a better job than Rosberg.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 08:31 (Ref:3146973)   #37
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rosberg is one of those guys that has never really clearly had the car to do the job. In his last season with Williams the team and their double diffuser complained that he didn't get the job done; claiming his mid race pace fell away....his form alongside MS this season has been a concern. We will know soon enough with Hamo alongside.

I personally hope either FI pilot gets a shot at Fezz. I would like DiResta more if he didnt make driving an F1 car look like such hard and unenjoyable work...a trait all F1 drivers these days seem to share (perhaps with the exception of Disco Dan)
Old 6 Oct 2012, 08:49 (Ref:3146980)   #38
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A lot of people expected DiResta to go to Mercedes but that route looks closed for a few years but there are other possible drives on the horizon. McLaren may be a possibilty in a couple of years when Button moves on and assuming that Perez becomes a top liner.
The long term situation at Red Bull could be interesting as Webber will probably retire in the next couple of seasons, but the more interesting bit is about Vettel.
If he is moving to Ferrari in 2014 that might mean 2 new drivers at RB and the Torro Rosso drivers have yet to prove themselves. At the moment they look like solid GP drivers but do not appear to be able to reach the levels that Grosjean or Perez have reached.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 10:10 (Ref:3147009)   #39
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'm not sure how fundamentally stable that team is. Both Kingfisher and that investment crowd that was brought in as a crutch are undergoing significant financial difficulties. Could be a TWR type scenario Force India are heading for.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 10:37 (Ref:3147016)   #40
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I'm not sure how fundamentally stable that team is. Both Kingfisher and that investment crowd that was brought in as a crutch are undergoing significant financial difficulties. Could be a TWR type scenario Force India are heading for.
Which is disappointing, as their on track performance in general has been quite good.

How "solid" exactly is this Vettel to Ferrari in 2014 rumour? It's been banging on for a while now.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 10:54 (Ref:3147026)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
About as solid as the absolutely definite Perez to Ferrari assertion was, perhaps.......
Old 6 Oct 2012, 11:20 (Ref:3147039)   #42
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
About as solid as the absolutely definite Perez to Ferrari assertion was, perhaps.......
As we all know, that happened, and McLaren is code for Ferrari.

It's all an elaborate conspiracy I tells ya!
Old 6 Oct 2012, 13:08 (Ref:3147071)   #43
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There are stories that Ferrari are only offering a one year contract for any potential replacement. That adds to the story that Vettel will be going there.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 14:01 (Ref:3147093)   #44
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The key is whether or not it is a solid contract or whether it is an option at this stage. I would be surprised if Vettel had signed a solid 2014 Ferrari contract at this stage. My feeling is that he will stay at Red Bull until Alonso retires.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 22:36 (Ref:3147267)   #45
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
There are stories that Ferrari are only offering a one year contract for any potential replacement. That adds to the story that Vettel will be going there.
Oh so true.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 01:14 (Ref:3147323)   #46
Ultimo
Veteran

Were I in Vettel's shoes, I'd stay at Red Bull until wins were no longer consistent!
Old 7 Oct 2012, 03:14 (Ref:3147351)   #47
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
Were I in Vettel's shoes, I'd stay at Red Bull until wins were no longer consistent!
Newey already told Ferrari to take a hike, and if I was Vettel, I would too, I don't think they are worth the anst and drama that they come with.

He has a competitive car, plenty of money, massive marketability and a great place to work where he is clearly hugely supported, why bother?!
Old 7 Oct 2012, 08:20 (Ref:3147458)   #48
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Interestingly, Martin Brundle thought that Hulkenberg should have got the McLaren gig over Perez (and also, obviously, Di Resta)
Old 7 Oct 2012, 08:23 (Ref:3147459)   #49
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Interestingly, Martin Brundle thought that Hulkenberg should have got the McLaren gig over Perez (and also, obviously, Di Resta)
Perez is a great talent, but I think he really showed his inexperience today. I swear Hamilton suckered him into that spin by braking a tad earlier. Don't think Hamilton or DiResta would fall for that move twice....
Old 7 Oct 2012, 08:25 (Ref:3147461)   #50
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
I swear Hamilton suckered him into that spin by braking a tad earlier.
I'm not sure, to me it looked like Perez simply made a mistake across the grass on the previous corner. His mistake for certain but not sure that Lewis suckered him into it.