Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Dec 2012, 23:12 (Ref:3174349)   #26
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A Trichlorostyrene View Post
Autosport(hard paper) said that Peter Sauber was very tempted in giving a race seat to Robin Frijns for 2013, but in the end Telmex forced him to pick Esteban Gutierrez.

Autosport then drew an interesting comparison with 2001, when main backer Red Bull wanted Sauber to put Enrique Bernoldi in the second seat alongside Nick Heidfeld, but instead Peter decided to make an enormous gamble on an obscure Formula Renault 2.0 driver named Kimi Raïkkonen. This time however, the sponsors' pick won.

Although it is understandable, I'm rather disappointed by this choice to be honest. I was really looking forward seeing Frijns in F1. Plus, unless Hulkenberg moves up to a better team in 2014, there is a clear risk that Frijns still might not get the nod in 12 months.

Despite his 2 full GP2 campaigns, I'm not sure that Gutierrez is more ready than Frijns for the big pond right now... But that's another topic I guess

That makes at least two of us, I was hoping Frijns would get the seat.
Old 5 Dec 2012, 16:42 (Ref:3175410)   #27
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Frijns would have been the choice for me too, but money talks and Sauber with probably a similar operating budget to the likes of Caterham need that Telemex money so much - so I get why Gutierrez gets the seat but he's hardly been that impressive in GP2.

Hulkenberg and Frijns would have been a hell of an exciting young lineup.