Petrov 5 4.42%
De la Rosa 0 0%
Karthikeyan 0 0%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Nov 2012, 15:58 (Ref:3170968)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race- Brazilian Grand Prix

Driver of the race?
Old 25 Nov 2012, 18:01 (Ref:3171110)   #2
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I went with Hulkenberg...sure, it came undone, but how amazing was it up to that point!
Old 25 Nov 2012, 18:10 (Ref:3171125)   #3
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I know - I'm torn between Jenson and Nico. I'm going to calm down and consider it.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 18:12 (Ref:3171128)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Petrov!
Old 25 Nov 2012, 18:14 (Ref:3171131)   #5
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I know - I'm torn between Jenson and Nico. I'm going to calm down and consider it.
Snap ! Me too....
Old 25 Nov 2012, 18:16 (Ref:3171135)   #6
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hulkenburg.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3171141)   #7
Hendrik
Racer

MagnetON
Germany
Hendrik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hulk for me. A shame that his car slided just a bit and he collided with Hamilton but overall his race was brilliant.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 18:31 (Ref:3171157)   #8
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I gave it to Alonso but The Hulk was equal, just a pity about the incident with Hammy.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 Nov 2012, 18:32 (Ref:3171160)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
nico hulkenberg. that car wouldn't have been there at that end of the top 10 if it wasn't him driving it. superb stuff.

good drive from button and hamilton but come on, they were in mclarens ffs!

astounding recovery drive from vettel, it was the sort of thing you expect from a world champion and he duly produced it. which is kind of why i voted for hulkenberg
Old 25 Nov 2012, 18:33 (Ref:3171162)   #10
Kaf1274
Rookie

Norway
Kaf1274 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another for Nico H here, although it was a close call between him and Jenson.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 18:33 (Ref:3171163)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Button for me.

Can't give it to Hulkenberg for the way in which he just threw it away - brilliant up to that point though.

I didn't see any real recovery drive from Vettel to be honest bella. With people falling off all over the place, all he had to do was bide his time.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 18:37 (Ref:3171172)   #12
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gotta be Alonso. He has made a slower car stay in the title hunt right to the last yard of the championship. Unbelievable driving from him this year.
Jenson is no.2 for driver of that race - he drives with so much more intelligence than most of them. He isn't ultimately as quick all the time unfortunately, but he is so much smarter and boy can he go when it is wet.

What an amazing end to the season.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3171177)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I didn't see any real recovery drive from Vettel to be honest bella. With people falling off all over the place, all he had to do was bide his time.
really? you didn't see him up to 8th within a few laps? i guess i've seen too many less mature drivers throw it away whilst on a recovery drive that didn't even result in that kind of progress through the field. far too often we simply assume that kind of progress is normal for any driver - it really isn't. it takes a smart racer to do it. and it takes seeing a lot of guys *not* manage it in other races or throw it away under the same kind of personal pressure to realise it doesn't come that easy.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3171178)   #14
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Felipe Massa, for his superb support for Alonso today.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 18:42 (Ref:3171180)   #15
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I gave this to Nico, although Jenson drove a lovely smooth race
Old 25 Nov 2012, 18:44 (Ref:3171184)   #16
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
never was this so hard to give as today.. a lot of people did rise above themselves. Button drove an excellent race, as did Massa, Alonso and indeed Petrov ... I did go for Button in the end... but only just
Old 25 Nov 2012, 18:45 (Ref:3171185)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
really? you didn't see him up to 8th within a few laps? i guess i've seen too many less mature drivers throw it away whilst on a recovery drive that didn't even result in that kind of progress through the field. far too often we simply assume that kind of progress is normal for any driver - it really isn't. it takes a smart racer to do it. and it takes seeing a lot of guys *not* manage it in other races or throw it away under the same kind of personal pressure to realise it doesn't come that easy.

Cutting through the lesser lights? Yes, I saw that, but didn't regard it as anything special. I would have expected any of the top 4-5 drivers in the WDC to do that just as well, particularly as most of them didn't really want to influence the WDC outcome. He's a very worthy WDC, but I'm not going to deify him for passing Caterhams, Marussias, HRTs and the slower midfielders....
Old 25 Nov 2012, 18:46 (Ref:3171186)   #18
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hulkenberg, great great drive in the tricky conditions force india

Button mr consistently consistent, Alonso, Vettel kept his cool whilst all around were losing their heads. All Superb . Hamilton unlucky!
Old 25 Nov 2012, 18:47 (Ref:3171189)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso; he never gave up but a great drive from Button and Hulkenberg whose inexperience I think got the better of him.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 18:48 (Ref:3171192)   #20
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can't believe I am so far the only person to vote for Vettel - his charge back was pretty good and he kept his head to do what he needed to.

Re Hulkenberg, great drive until the unforced error which took the leader out...
Old 25 Nov 2012, 18:58 (Ref:3171206)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Cutting through the lesser lights? Yes, I saw that, but didn't regard it as anything special. I would have expected any of the top 4-5 drivers in the WDC to do that just as well, particularly as most of them didn't really want to influence the WDC outcome. He's a very worthy WDC, but I'm not going to deify him for passing Caterhams, Marussias, HRTs and the slower midfielders....
it's not special, like omg let's worship him, but that was kind of my original point wasn't it? it's what you expect of a world champion. but at the same time we shouldn't forget that in changing conditions, with a broken car you still have to actually do the drive and keep your foot in. it's respecting that drive for what it was - which was excellent, and he did exactly what he needed to do - but realising that it's what you expect of a world champion.

i think we're arguing the same point
Old 25 Nov 2012, 19:00 (Ref:3171210)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Maybe so bella - in doing what a WDC should do with ease....... The reality is that he knew what he had to do - and did it, as you say.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 19:01 (Ref:3171212)   #23
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Button....softly,softly catchee monkey.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 19:21 (Ref:3171228)   #24
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Petrov! Did the biz under very difficult pressure. Button did what he does in these sorts of conditions. Hulkenburg was great, but then he spun.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 19:34 (Ref:3171242)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Hulkenburg was great, but then he spun.

I was really rooting for him too - it would have been a great finish to the season.