Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Dec 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3176333)   #1
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Merry Christmas from Kimi

A little bit of fun now that the season is done. Lotus just put this out, you gotta love him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe73f...ature=youtu.be
Old 7 Dec 2012, 23:15 (Ref:3176346)   #2
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I love the fact that he's simultaneously taking the mickey out of himself and reinforcing his reputation

Brilliant!
Old 7 Dec 2012, 23:16 (Ref:3176349)   #3
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Love it! Typical Kimi
Old 8 Dec 2012, 00:13 (Ref:3176367)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very nice, thanks !
Old 8 Dec 2012, 00:53 (Ref:3176384)   #5
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I think he is brilliant what more can you say about the Kimster...

Apart from" He knows what he is doing"
Old 8 Dec 2012, 01:07 (Ref:3176391)   #6
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this was filmed in Switzerland?
Old 8 Dec 2012, 01:25 (Ref:3176398)   #7
Duff_44
Racer

United States
Bristol, CT
Duff_44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer View Post
this was filmed in Switzerland?
He lives in Baar, Switzerland according to Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimi_Ra...#Personal_life
Old 8 Dec 2012, 01:56 (Ref:3176402)   #8
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was going by the Dominoes box
Old 8 Dec 2012, 02:19 (Ref:3176403)   #9
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Absolutely brilliant!
Old 8 Dec 2012, 07:28 (Ref:3176440)   #10
Oran Park Forever
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Oran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No BS factor or ego overload....

F1 needs more guys like Kimi...it was fate that his WRC career proved that he doesn't
like being told what to do (or how to do it)!

Makes me miss characters like Nelson Piquet & Stefan Johansson...& Berger, Keke, AJ,
Hunt etc etc

Whether he wins or not, i'm just glad Kimi's there.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 07:35 (Ref:3176442)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Old 8 Dec 2012, 13:25 (Ref:3176520)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They should do stuff like this more often...
Old 8 Dec 2012, 14:54 (Ref:3176534)   #13
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The only way that could have possibly been better is if he'd been wearing an "I know what I'm doing!" t-shirt.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 16:22 (Ref:3176552)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great stuff, thanks for the post!
Old 8 Dec 2012, 18:02 (Ref:3176581)   #15
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oran Park Forever View Post

F1 needs more guys like Kimi...it was fate that his WRC career proved that he doesn't

Makes me miss characters like Nelson Piquet & Stefan Johansson...& Berger, Keke, AJ,
Hunt etc etc

Couldn't have said it any better. He is exactly what the sport needs to attract a new generation of younger fans, and it's working. He is a breath of fresh air. At Austin a large percentage of fans under 25 were wearing his hat by race day, which had sold out on Saturday morning. Could have just been the Angry birds logo but I don't think so. We need more like him.
PS. Jeremy you have no idea how jealous I am you have a race in your back yard in North America!
Old 8 Dec 2012, 19:03 (Ref:3176610)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Couldn't have said it any better. He is exactly what the sport needs to attract a new generation of younger fans, and it's working. He is a breath of fresh air. At Austin a large percentage of fans under 25 were wearing his hat by race day, which had sold out on Saturday morning. Could have just been the Angry birds logo but I don't think so. We need more like him.
PS. Jeremy you have no idea how jealous I am you have a race in your back yard in North America!
I know it ! We are so spoiled.. I live 25 mins from the circuit...

I am most happy that it raced well, that was always my big concern..
Old 8 Dec 2012, 19:53 (Ref:3176630)   #17
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I know it ! We are so spoiled.. I live 25 mins from the circuit...

I am most happy that it raced well, that was always my big concern..
We were pleasantly surprised (being a Tilke-drome), and very impressed, both with quality of the venue and the racing on the track. The hospitality in Texas was fantastic as well. We are already planning to return next year for the ALMS/WEC weekend and possibly F1 again too. The F1 folks seemed genuinely impressed with their experience.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 20:51 (Ref:3176648)   #18
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
We were pleasantly surprised (being a Tilke-drome), and very impressed, both with quality of the venue and the racing on the track. The hospitality in Texas was fantastic as well. We are already planning to return next year for the ALMS/WEC weekend and possibly F1 again too. The F1 folks seemed genuinely impressed with their experience.
Sorry Kimi just hang on a second mate..

The people in Austin are really nice and warm, I am delighted that your experience was a positive one..

I am looking forward to seeing MotoGp, V8 Supercars, ALMS/WEC, F1 and anything else that they can come up with..

I would go and watch Sprint cars at this track as I think it's just more exciting to watch race cars that do more than turn left, and those lads and lassies know how to race..

I am a very fortunate individual for more reasons than I can talk about here..
Old 8 Dec 2012, 21:01 (Ref:3176650)   #19
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Sorry for the hijack all.
Old 9 Dec 2012, 01:31 (Ref:3176696)   #20
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oran Park Forever View Post

Hunt etc etc

Brilliantly put!

What the whole world needs in every aspect of corporate and government life!

Well done Kimi!
Old 9 Dec 2012, 09:24 (Ref:3176745)   #21
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like people in the public eye who don't take themselves too seriously. He's gone up in my estimation.
Old 10 Dec 2012, 09:07 (Ref:3177007)   #22
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He's becoming a new thing - an international treasure.
Old 10 Dec 2012, 09:56 (Ref:3177011)   #23
nrostedt
Rookie

Finland
nrostedt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersix View Post
He's becoming a new thing - an international treasure.
That is really hard to capture!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk1GnB331WQ