Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Apr 2010, 15:04 (Ref:2665451)   #26
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
has anyone got any idea how much tickets are on the gate for quali tomorrow?
Old 2 Apr 2010, 15:18 (Ref:2665460)   #27
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
The BTCC Spotter Guide has been updated at http://www.spotterguides.com/btcc-2010-guide , now Giovanardi has been publicly confirmed.

A few other small tweaks too
Old 2 Apr 2010, 15:19 (Ref:2665462)   #28
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic news about Gio, I'd pretty much given up hope on seeing him out there this year. Fingers crossed he'll go well and get a deal together for the season. Can't wait to get down there tomorrow now!
Old 2 Apr 2010, 15:40 (Ref:2665466)   #29
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
Way to get on my good side.

Please see response in the aborted second thread!

A polite PM or a few requests would certainly have been the best way. I'm just trying to keep things tidy!

And believe me, rudeness is not the way to get what you want.

Hazard for PM. They never listen to people either!
Old 2 Apr 2010, 16:06 (Ref:2665477)   #30
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I owe Redshoes £10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Great stuff as usual Andy. Couple of minor tweaks for next time - Mat Jackson only has one 't', and Triple Eight aren't registered for the constructors' championship.

Re Gio's comeback, I'm not sure what to expect. The Vectra was a little off the pace last year. Everyone has moved on a step over the winter whilst the Vectra has had no development and is being run on a fraction of budget this year.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 16:30 (Ref:2665483)   #31
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post

Great stuff as usual Andy. Couple of minor tweaks for next time - Mat Jackson only has one 't', and Triple Eight aren't registered for the constructors' championship.

Re Gio's comeback, I'm not sure what to expect. The Vectra was a little off the pace last year. Everyone has moved on a step over the winter whilst the Vectra has had no development and is being run on a fraction of budget this year.
Opps, I've made that mistake with Mat before

888 arent constructor yet hence the TBC...we'll see. Technically, they can register as they built the cars.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 16:33 (Ref:2665486)   #32
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Technically, they can register as they built the cars.
Can, but haven't. See question on Alan Gow's forum.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 16:40 (Ref:2665489)   #33
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The BTCC Spotter Guide has been updated at http://www.spotterguides.com/btcc-2010-guide , now Giovanardi has been publicly confirmed.

Thanks for all your good hard work with them spotterguides

Andy
Old 2 Apr 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2665496)   #34
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Just a quick point (as I've had a couple of emails). Save the file and print from a graphics program or Windows Explorer. If you print from IE, you may not get the whole thing to print due to your driver and IE working at 72dpi The guide is 2750 pixels wide so it prints OK at A3
Old 2 Apr 2010, 17:07 (Ref:2665499)   #35
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Roger that.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 17:58 (Ref:2665517)   #36
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor901 View Post
Well there was about 2 pages of discussion in that thread on it being closed after someone suggested it and it seemed like most people thought the best thing to do was to not close it so it could be used throughout the season
I see. It's difficult to judge 'most', usually refers to a vocal few.

I'd prefer to try individual threads for a bit, silly season threads are just that - for the silly season.

The fact I didn't see that show's you how congested the multi-content threads are.

Cheers.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 18:01 (Ref:2665522)   #37
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Giovanardi's return with no testing, and in a car which has had very little development is probably just a trial run on his part to see if he thinks he can have a fun season in the BTCC.

Giovanardi doesn't like not winning, so if the car isn't competitive or looks likely not to be able to challenge Chevrolet or Team Dynamics I expect he'll be off.

Triple Eight are of course a fantastic team, but with the development work that's gone on with Team Aon, Team Honda, the Cruze (being a WTCC hand-me-down) and the Airwaves BMW team, it's hard to see them doing anything apart from in race three
Old 2 Apr 2010, 18:28 (Ref:2665541)   #38
FBJim
Rookie

United States
FBJim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I see. It's difficult to judge 'most', usually refers to a vocal few.

I'd prefer to try individual threads for a bit, silly season threads are just that - for the silly season.

The fact I didn't see that show's you how congested the multi-content threads are.

Cheers.
I know it's not really my place, but I vastly prefer the single-thread format, I follow many racing series, and the single thread makes it very convenient to get caught up on the last few weeks of news in a single place.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 19:32 (Ref:2665563)   #39
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
trebor, save that sort of talk and attitude for the official forum please. This is a nice civilised place to be and I wouldn't like to see it go down that road. The mods do a good job as always. I would prefer single threads about various rumours and stories. Makes it easier to read when you've been offline for a day and come back to find five stories embedded in one thread.

Even if the car is slightly off the pace, Gio's one of those drivers who can drag a result out of a poor car, like Thompson and Muller can.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 19:39 (Ref:2665565)   #40
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Giovanardi's return with no testing, and in a car which has had very little development is probably just a trial run on his part to see if he thinks he can have a fun season in the BTCC.

Giovanardi doesn't like not winning, so if the car isn't competitive or looks likely not to be able to challenge Chevrolet or Team Dynamics I expect he'll be off.
I don't see that. It's the same car that Gio has been driving for the past few seasons, he'll be up to speed alright. Sure, the competition have moved on but 888 is a VERY competant team and if there's anybody who will get the Vectra to the top step again, it's Gio.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 19:51 (Ref:2665572)   #41
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Found some more images of the 888 cars: http://www.flickr.com/photos/46907547@N06/
Old 2 Apr 2010, 20:17 (Ref:2665578)   #42
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Cool, thats useful Craner. Guide has been updated again to reflect this, although I could see any differences between the two cars. Last update!
Old 2 Apr 2010, 21:05 (Ref:2665594)   #43
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thankfully they're black and not white... by my reckoning there's about 14 cars whose base colour is white this year!
Old 2 Apr 2010, 21:42 (Ref:2665603)   #44
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Thankfully they're black and not white... by my reckoning there's about 14 cars whose base colour is white this year!
I agree. Black looks so much better than white. I'd hoped WSR and Airwaves would have done something to make their cars stand out more. From a long shot it'll be difficult to tell who's who.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 21:52 (Ref:2665608)   #45
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are WSR really gonna run that horrible white livery? i thought maybe they'd change it for Thruxton
Old 2 Apr 2010, 22:01 (Ref:2665610)   #46
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Great news that Gio is in.

The more competitive cars and drivers, the better!
Old 3 Apr 2010, 08:25 (Ref:2665764)   #47
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
White cars attract more sponsors. It's kind of like a 'please sponsor me and paint me' call.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 09:29 (Ref:2665805)   #48
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am just watching the 1st session via T&S on the net, Gio is very impressive no testing all winter and he is currently topping the time sheets.....

edit as typed that Shedden went quickest !!!!
edit 2 only to be beaten by Neal !!!
Old 3 Apr 2010, 12:41 (Ref:2665925)   #49
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Should be a good race weekend and a good season - sadly I'm working all day Sun and Mon so I'll have to make the space on the Sky+. I've got Plato, Jackson, Giovanardi, Collard and Chilton down as favourites, in that order. Real shame to be missing Turkington and others like Jelley, Adam and Jones, but Glew and McDowall are decent additions.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 14:15 (Ref:2665950)   #50
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only 20 cars in practise - what happened to the Forster BMWs?