Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 24 Nov 2017, 07:55 (Ref:3782577)   #1351
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
How dare UA release a press release with statements! They should have phoned the journalists to get personal quotes directly from 'Nando to them! He'll never get anywhere in sportscar racing like that!

In a less sarcastic note, I can't wait to see his performance at Daytona!
If only certain journalists could remember that the guy is contracted to another manufacturer currently.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 18:29 (Ref:3783547)   #1352
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mazda Team Joest has made the move to their new digs north of Atlanta. They will announce the 2018 driver lineup tomorrow morning and reveal the new liveries on Wed. from the LA Auto Show.

L.P.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 14:08 (Ref:3783775)   #1353
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oliver Jarvis, Harry Tincknell, and Rene Rast for Mazda.

source
Old 28 Nov 2017, 14:11 (Ref:3783776)   #1354
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post

source
Great driver lineups! I did not see Tincknell getting the ride, really good opportunity for him. Has he run stateside much before? Possibly just Daytona and Sebring with Ford?
Old 28 Nov 2017, 14:18 (Ref:3783778)   #1355
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Great driver lineups! I did not see Tincknell getting the ride, really good opportunity for him. Has he run stateside much before? Possibly just Daytona and Sebring with Ford?
I was watching "Journey to Le Mans" last night, with Ticknell as protagonist. A really fast driver, it will be great to see him on the Mazda.

A very strong drivers lineup. Good for Mazda.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 15:04 (Ref:3783786)   #1356
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Not sure how likely extra Ford are/were for the Rolex 24 and Sebring but some of the WEC drivers (Pla, Tincknell) have now signed other drives, leaving just Priaulx, Mucke and Billy Johnson from last year's line up available plus possibly Ganassi's new signing Ed Jones (as replacement for Kanaan). That would be enough for a third car but not a fourth.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 15:23 (Ref:3783790)   #1357
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
And COTA for WEC.

Tincknell is a super friendly guy and I think he'll get along well with us American fans. I met him at Le Mans a few years ago with a group of fans when he was with Nissan. His media obligation was over and he could have gone back to his trailer and relaxed, instead he spent the next half hour just shooting the breeze with us and talking all things racing, quality guy in my book.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 16:49 (Ref:3783815)   #1358
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post

source
If the car is as improved as hoped, Jarvis/Nunez/Rast will be one hell of a lineup.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 18:41 (Ref:3783823)   #1359
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
If the car is as improved as hoped, Jarvis/Nunez/Rast will be one hell of a lineup.
True but do you need it for a race like the Daytona 24? I think you can get by on 2 to3 decent drivers who can keep the car in one piece along with 1 super fast hotshoe to drive at the end. ESM Ligier in 2016. Alegra Porsche in 2017 are evidence of that. Even WTR in 2017 in the Cadillac DPI. Jeff Gordan and Max the Ax just had to keep it clean and they did. While the Taylors ran hard at the end. The safety car procedure allows drivers who normally would not win a race in a series like the WEC win in IMSA as long as they keep it kind of clean are paired with a super fast driver to close.

I don't like it at all. Because the safety car procedures are manipulative. But that's how it is now. The sportscar365 podcast for this week is up. Johnny D and Ryan talk about it both in the beginning and end of the show.

Would love to hear everybody's feedback on this.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 19:19 (Ref:3783830)   #1360
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
For those who already have such things, and don't want to watch on their laptop/tablet/etc, IMSA launched a Roku player channel. I have one so I'll have to check it out tonight and see what's already loaded on there. For those with Chromecast apparently the IMSA channel is castable as well although I have not looked into that at all, but yes I'm that guy and will have to check it out at a later date on the Chromecast at the gf's house. I have to assume something is coming with Xbox soon as well since I think I remember an announcement at Petit about Forza and Xbox with IMSA.
So I just saw this in the IMSA ticket sales 2018 e-blast, that Roku has an IMSA channel.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/51489/imsa

Does this show the NBC broadcast or the IMSA Radio international broadcast? I'm yearning to cut the cord but haven't been able to do so yet. This may help in that direction...
Old 28 Nov 2017, 20:57 (Ref:3783852)   #1361
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
So I just saw this in the IMSA ticket sales 2018 e-blast, that Roku has an IMSA channel.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/51489/imsa

Does this show the NBC broadcast or the IMSA Radio international broadcast? I'm yearning to cut the cord but haven't been able to do so yet. This may help in that direction...
The IMSA Roku channel is essentially IMSA's Youtube channel for your 60" living room TV; All of the videos on IMSA's Youtube Channel that were uploaded in 2017 are on their Roku, from full race broadcasts ala, WeatherTech, Conti Series, Prototype Challenge and Porsche Cup, to specials, featurettes, WeatherTech qualifying broadcasts and Sights and Sounds. All featuring IMSA Radio Commentary!

I just remembered that IMSA was on Roku a few months ago, and that I myself bought a Roku last year. So I gave it a shot and I love it!
Old 28 Nov 2017, 21:15 (Ref:3783856)   #1362
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
The IMSA Roku channel is essentially IMSA's Youtube channel for your 60" living room TV; All of the videos on IMSA's Youtube Channel that were uploaded in 2017 are on their Roku, from full race broadcasts ala, WeatherTech, Conti Series, Prototype Challenge and Porsche Cup, to specials, featurettes, WeatherTech qualifying broadcasts and Sights and Sounds. All featuring IMSA Radio Commentary!

I just remembered that IMSA was on Roku a few months ago, and that I myself bought a Roku last year. So I gave it a shot and I love it!
But it isn't a live stream? I think that is what Field was more interested in.

edit, i just read what i wrote and should have clarified that I was questioning if it is a live stream of races. Not a live stream of IMSA in general, although, that would be pretty awesome. Just a camera in the corner of their office watching everybody work.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 21:44 (Ref:3783863)   #1363
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks, Nick.

Yes, joeb, looking to know if the Roku is a live stream of races, but I think 1/2 to 2/3 of the races I watched this year, were "tape delay".
Old 28 Nov 2017, 22:40 (Ref:3783876)   #1364
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It also has all of the support series since I know you won't want to miss a minute of the US and Canadian Beetle cup races
Old 28 Nov 2017, 23:20 (Ref:3783889)   #1365
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, joeb, looking to know if the Roku is a live stream of races, but I think 1/2 to 2/3 of the races I watched this year, were "tape delay".
So, 1/2 to 2/3 of the 'Roku' stream races were in fact tape delayed (only) and not 'live'?

Curious, as I am thinking about Roku. My current set-up gets me most everything that it (IMSA) offers at the moment it seems, if tape delay is still part of the Roku offering vs all live.

L.P.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 23:58 (Ref:3783897)   #1366
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
So, 1/2 to 2/3 of the 'Roku' stream races were in fact tape delayed (only) and not 'live'?

Curious, as I am thinking about Roku. My current set-up gets me most everything that it (IMSA) offers at the moment it seems, if tape delay is still part of the Roku offering vs all live.

L.P.
Sorry. I meant I personally only had the ability to sit and watch less than 1/2 of the races live this year, whatever medium I chose.

So something like Roku could benefit me tremendously for delayed coverage. I'm still unsure if they have live coverage or not...
Old 29 Nov 2017, 01:56 (Ref:3783923)   #1367
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I made a kind of spotter guide with the information we have at the moment about Daytona. Feel free to edit for add or correct.

download
Old 29 Nov 2017, 04:49 (Ref:3783937)   #1368
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post

Funny thing is, as big as I am in Roku channels for everything, they're actually becoming unnecessary thanks to HTML5. Most online video now uses HTML5, so Android devices can use it. So I gave my Roku to a friend and got myself an Android TV box - I've got full access to the Youtube channels, and the web browser can still view the IMSA livestreams(when available in my area) because they use HTML5 instead of Flash.

And it goes well beyond IMSA - thanks to this I can view the vast majority of things that don't have dedicated channels on any device.

Android TV is a fair bit more versatile than Roku right now.
Old 29 Nov 2017, 05:14 (Ref:3783940)   #1369
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
What I did all this year was to uses the smart TV browser, I went to imsatv.imsa.com and then click on full screen and I got full HD in the 42" screen without stuttering or freeze effect.
Old 29 Nov 2017, 16:44 (Ref:3784082)   #1370
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Performance Tech Motorsports to run an Oreca 07 ...

https://www.performancetechmotorspor...ass-with-oreca

L.P.
Old 29 Nov 2017, 17:39 (Ref:3784093)   #1371
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Almost looked like an Audi!

Very nice. IMSA is such a pretty grid!
Old 29 Nov 2017, 17:48 (Ref:3784094)   #1372
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Sorry. I meant I personally only had the ability to sit and watch less than 1/2 of the races live this year, whatever medium I chose.

So something like Roku could benefit me tremendously for delayed coverage. I'm still unsure if they have live coverage or not...
With exception for the longer races, I just waited for the YouTube replay myself. It's a much better experience than watching FoxSports.

The races are not shown live on the Roku channel. It's a mirror of the YouTube channel, which in my opinion is easier to use. Any streaming device you buy will work, although I like my Roku. Most TVs will have a YouTube app now too.
Old 29 Nov 2017, 18:02 (Ref:3784095)   #1373
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Roku appears to not be available in the UK, but the YouTube Channel is amazing. PWC could learn a lot.
Old 29 Nov 2017, 19:45 (Ref:3784130)   #1374
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
With exception for the longer races, I just waited for the YouTube replay myself. It's a much better experience than watching FoxSports.

The races are not shown live on the Roku channel. It's a mirror of the YouTube channel, which in my opinion is easier to use. Any streaming device you buy will work, although I like my Roku. Most TVs will have a YouTube app now too.
OK thanks.

I usually "found" a live YouTube stream. I guess I'll just Chromecast...when I can upgrade to 2 thousand and 11.
Old 29 Nov 2017, 23:27 (Ref:3784189)   #1375
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
Daytona December Test Entry List Released
Entry List