Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 15 Oct 2014, 10:40 (Ref:3465246)   #51
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you are interested in changing the caracter of the track a little, I'd like to suggest you lengthen the straight that leads out of the infield to create another overtaking opportunity. At the end of that straight, you could place the left-right-left chicane which currently sits in Turn 2. In that place, running the corner as is would make the perimeter circuit pretty d**n fast. Runoff space is there, so that would be OK. With this Turn 2, slipstreaming towards the hairpin would be encouraged even more.
However, as a consequence of these changes, the final turn might not be that sharp anymore.
What do you think of those suggestions.

The perimeter circuit is pretty cool, as is the parabolica leading directly into the carousel in the infield.
Old 22 Oct 2014, 22:53 (Ref:3467489)   #52
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2 more designs that quickly get to this stage then I find I don't have the time to finish off properly.

Both run anti/counter clockwise, there is scope for shorter length options on each.

Click image for larger version

Name:	October 2 Dimensions and more.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	43931 Click image for larger version

Name:	October  Top view.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	43932 Click image for larger version

Name:	October 2 lake view.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	43933

And now the second design

Name:	October 3 Dimensions.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	43934 Click image for larger version

Name:	October 3 pit in.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	43935
Old 25 Oct 2014, 11:42 (Ref:3468277)   #53
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say the 2nd design must have a similar feel to Sepang. Maybe not as hot and humid, though ;-)
Old 25 Oct 2014, 15:19 (Ref:3468325)   #54
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I prefer the 1st design, although the pit entry is a bit scary!
Old 25 Oct 2014, 18:07 (Ref:3468357)   #55
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another angle of the first one's pit entry.

Name:	October 2 Pit entry.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	292.1 KB
ID:	43937

The final corner whilst sweeping isn't that fast given it's only 200m after a hairpin, so I don't see too much of an issue with the entry being well around the outside of the corner.

Name:	October 2 Pit Exit.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	339.0 KB
ID:	43938

I've put up an other angle of the pit exit as well, I've been trying designs involving blending in the pitlane width onto the outside a relatively short straight, for a while but never been happy hence they haven't been seen here. This looks the best so far.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 18:06 (Ref:3469141)   #56
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
My main concern with the pit entry is the location of the start of the pitwall. The corner would be an acceleration zone and if a car had a failure of lost control, it could move to the outside of the track and hit the nearby barrier (potentially). With that pitlane design, I'd say you've positioned the barrier in the best place: Not too early as to pose a greater risk to oncoming cars, but not too late as to expose the pitlane to an out-of-control vehicle.

The pit exit is good. When I design pit-outs I try to give drivers on track as much visibility as possible to ensure they have enough time to plan ahead if a car is re-entering the track. Yours is a perfect example.
Old 29 Oct 2014, 02:17 (Ref:3469589)   #57
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree completely with SKG THunder on the pit lane, though I would go even farther up on safety and would simply run it straight and away from the impact area of the corner in question, then halfway thru I would bend to the pit lane rather then to follow the track's path. That way you have room to run off if you fail the corner rather than hit a barrier.
Old 13 Nov 2014, 23:03 (Ref:3474384)   #58
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
2 more, that are little more than outlines

The first one is clockwise

Name:	November 1 Layout.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	44001

And the second is 2.41 miles or 3.875km anticlockwise

Name:	November 1 top.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	44002
Old 21 Dec 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3486993)   #59
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I had hoped to finish this one off but I'm working right through to Christmas so won't have time.

All versions run anti-clockwise. I hope the distances make more sense than my spelling in the second image.
Attached Thumbnails
December 1 Top View.jpg   December 1 3 options.jpg   December 1 Longest.jpg  

December 1 Mid option.jpg  
Old 29 Dec 2014, 22:50 (Ref:3488508)   #60
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
And how about another multi-layout design to finish the year.

As shown Runs anti-clockwise with options to run two events at the same time.

Distances as shown
Attached Thumbnails
December 2 pits n colours.jpg   December 2 Long circuit varients.jpg   December 2 North and South Variants.jpg  

Old 30 Dec 2014, 00:20 (Ref:3488526)   #61
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like your ideas in this track. I suspect it would be challanging for drivers as well.
I would imagine the red track would be quite quick and passing might be difficult whereas the red track looks slower with more passing opertunities.
The long (green) version is a mixture of the two.
I like the idea of two circuits being able to operate at the same time as it can create more revenue streams for the owners.
If you were to put the two paddocks back to back between the blue and red track it would give more choices of how race meetings can be run. For example the two pit lanes can be used where a very large field of cars are in one race.It would also elimanete the need to cross the track to get into the paddock.
To do this might need greater distance between the blue and red circuit and done by rotating one of them slighty to move them further apart.
Old 30 Dec 2014, 12:13 (Ref:3488564)   #62
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
My designs tend to be track first, with half a thought of where to include a pit and paddock. To start off with a joint paddock to serve two pits, I've tried before but the. Tracks end up feeling " forced to comply" rather than natural.
Old 30 Dec 2014, 15:35 (Ref:3488758)   #63
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
Two great tracks to finish the year, nice job!

Thanks for another year of interesting contributions to this strange little forum

Edit: I like the joint paddock concept a lot!
Old 30 Dec 2014, 17:19 (Ref:3488778)   #64
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
My designs tend to be track first, with half a thought of where to include a pit and paddock. To start off with a joint paddock to serve two pits, I've tried before but the. Tracks end up feeling " forced to comply" rather than natural.
The only reason I suggested the back to back paddock was that it would fit without too much difficulty.