Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 15 Aug 2016, 05:32 (Ref:3665691)   #1
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MSVR Donington Park 13th /14th Aug

On behalf of the MSVR Race Control team and indeed the competitors and teams I would wish to sincerely thank all the marshals, officials, recovery and medical teams and especially the Donington Park circuit team for all the support and superb assistance over the weekend.

The whole weekend witnessed brilliant racing throughout all the different classes with absolutely excellent marshalling when dealing with the various incidents.

Thank you all, once again, for your support with the extension of Sunday's timetable to allow the last two races to be completed in full following the major repairs to the tyre wall and recovery during the afternoon. Several competitors within the Monoposto and MSVT classes also specifically requested that their appreciation should be relayed to you all.

Hope you all enjoyed the weekend as we did in Race Control.

Terry
Old 15 Aug 2016, 16:02 (Ref:3665759)   #2
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately, or fortunately, I had to back out of this weekend to work, but the OH was there.

I must admit I hadn't checked the timetable beforehand (I've always found MSVR to schedule reasonable finish times).

A scheduled Sunday finish of 7pm (I'm a little more tolerant of later Saturday finishes), which then overruns to nearly 8pm is unfair to us volunteers. Just because a circuit has a late curfew does not mean the organising club should plan for this.

MSVR now go on the list with CSCC that I reserve the right to cancel my attendance after the timetable is published.

I love my motorsport, but like most of us, we have to work for a living - getting home late on a Sunday puts pressure on Monday's.
Old 15 Aug 2016, 21:35 (Ref:3665820)   #3
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Couldn't agree more. Donington is a fabulous circuit, but I stopped going years ago for exactly this reason. I was at Oulton on Saturday, fabulous racing throughout, planned finish approx. 6:10, and despite incidents still finished ahead of the 6:30 curfew.

Like you, I love my motorsport but there are limits.
Old 16 Aug 2016, 11:02 (Ref:3665918)   #4
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Couldn't agree more. Donington is a fabulous circuit, but I stopped going years ago for exactly this reason. I was at Oulton on Saturday, fabulous racing throughout, planned finish approx. 6:10, and despite incidents still finished ahead of the 6:30 curfew.

Like you, I love my motorsport but there are limits.
We went to Anglesea for 750MC - their curfew on Sundays is I understand 8 hours after you start racing (plus a break for the causeway church if there's a low tide!) - we started at 9am, finished at 5pm.

It upsets me that the fewer marshals who will do these long days are put under more pressure.
Old 16 Aug 2016, 23:48 (Ref:3666045)   #5
Fred Bromley
Racer

United Kingdom
Lutterworth
Fred Bromley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would also like to add my thanks to all the marshals for their hard work and some very good marshalling.